What are you in love relationships for?

Silke

As you know Morrissey recently sang the song Life Is A Pigsty again during his concerts.

Life Is A Pigsty

It’s the same old S.O.S.
But with brand new broken fortunes
And once again I turn to you
Once again I do I turn to you
It’s the same old S.O.S.
But with brand new broken fortunes
I’m the same underneath
But this you, you surely knew
Life is a pigsty
Life is a pigsty
Life is a pigsty
Life is a pigsty
Life, life is a pigsty
Life, life is a pigsty
Life, life is a pigsty
Life is a pigsty
And if you don’t know this
Then what do you know?
Every second of my life I only live for you
And you can shoot me
And you can throw me off a train
I still maintain
I still maintain
Life, life is a pigsty
Life is a pigsty
And I’d been shifting gears all along my life
But I’m still the same underneath
This you surely knew
I can’t reach you
I can’t reach you
I can’t reach you anymore
Can you please stop time?
Can you stop the pain?
I feel too cold
And now I feel too warm again
Can you stop this pain?
Can you stop this pain?
Even now in the final hour of my life
I’m falling in love again
Again
Even now in the final hour of my life
Again
Again
Again
Again
Again
Again

During one of the first London concerts last weekend he asked during this song "What for?"

So if you start a relationship with somebody, what do you usually expect from this relationship? Or what would make you want to be in a relationship with somebody?

He also said "You're gonna need someone on your side". :D

i would look for someone who i can share a smile with same interests. someone who cares for me looks out for me is honest with me (he can still be honest even if he is married to someone else) someone i would like to spend the rest of my life with.

i think i have found my true love,

x x x

I think you mean your "friend" has.....or so your other deep and meaningful posts suggest she has.

You sound like a bunny boiler to me.Sorry but I tell it like I see it.:straightface:

I finding my true love has nothing to do with my friends complicated life stupid cow:mad:

After the charming pm's you just sent me I suggest you go get yourself some strong coffee and chill out.:squiffy:

True love in the thread about love. ;)

i would look for someone who i can share a smile with same interests. someone who cares for me looks out for me is honest with me (he can still be honest even if he is married to someone else) someone i would like to spend the rest of my life with.

i think i have found my true love,

x x x

Thank you for sharing this.

He also said "You're gonna need someone on your side". :D

I know the song, when did he say so?

I've never got to choose who I started a relationship with, as such. :squiffy: Typically, it happens because the choice is so obvious it's practically a done deal.

Do you mean why would you choose to get serious with someone? Again, I dunno. Because you just want to be with them all the time? Because you get lonely and they can snap you out of it? Because you want it to be official and a bit of a commitment? Because you want to look after them?

I'm in that phase right now where we're certainly serious, but not...quite...official. For various reasons I doubt we'll ever be. But hell, I think I can live with that. It gets me down sometimes, but at the end of it, I'll stick with her because she makes me happy and apparently I do the same for her. Eurgh, that was cheesy :sick:

I have actually pondered this question a lot recently. I've always asked people, and they look at you as if you have a third eye or something. For me, I've never actually been in a relationship and sure I've often times wondered what it's like, but at this point in time I wonder what for? The majority of people I've encountered in relationships are miserable. So why do people feel compelled to be in a relationship if it's only going to bring fighting/sadness?
I truthfully do not comprehend it. Maybe when I'm in one I will, but from my perspective, I just don't get it.

Right before YoR came out I thought to myself I don't need anyone ever, and then I heard 'Okay By Myself' it's practically been my theme song ever since ;)

I have actually pondered this question a lot recently. I've always asked people, and they look at you as if you have a third eye or something. For me, I've never actually been in a relationship and sure I've often times wondered what it's like, but at this point in time I wonder what for? The majority of people I've encountered in relationships are miserable. So why do people feel compelled to be in a relationship if it's only going to bring fighting/sadness?
I truthfully do not comprehend it. Maybe when I'm in one I will, but from my perspective, I just don't get it.

Right before YoR came out I thought to myself I don't need anyone ever, and then I heard 'Okay By Myself' it's practically been my theme song ever since ;)

Sometimes the love for another person can overcome all that. But I do agree, some relationships- a lot, in fact, are truly incomprehensible.

Another thing I've noticed is that having a romantic relationship can be a status thing, or a self esteem thing. Some people need to have a partner to assure them of their own worth, or so that people will think that they are socially acceptable or something...

The best reason to start a relationship with someone is to know that she/he loves Morrissey. :p

We do it to escape loneliness. Because we are human and thereby social and we want to share with others. At least I would like to.
Deciding if someone is the right person to start a relationship with, i guess, depends on many factors. If you know someone, and like that person, and that person also likes you, then why the f@#k not?! It's the attempt that counts. Even if you know that i won't last forever. Everybody needs affection.
Also because we can never know if we can get anything better. Sounds harsh. But true.
I think it's all about trusting your gut. If it feels right, then it is. And if it doesn't feel right, then it isn't. Or let's just blame it on destiny. If destiny wants it...then so be it.

But what do I know? Nothing. Otherwise I might not have the problems in my life that I have.

It was so long ago that it's hard to remember. I think I was actually looking for my soul mate (which I don't think I believe in), but I would have settled for a cute boy who was into the same music as me. So when I started my relationship (20 years ago) I was just a silly kid. Still, it worked out great and we're still terribly in love, so I must have liked him for the right reasons.

I've never understood people who stay in bad relationships though. I'd rather be alone than with someone who makes me feel bad inside.

When he wrote the song? When he recorded it? When he published it?

Oh, you mean he said so in the song! :)

How strange that you only got blank looks when you asked people.

If others seem to be in miserable relationships and their relationships seem to only bring fighting/sadness, this does necessarily mean that your relationships have to be that way. To assume that relationships have to be that way does not look like a good starting point. A good teacher of mine once said "I do not want know what does not work, I want to know what has to be done to make things work."

I don't really think that relationships can help you in dealing with problems. It would be a miracle if the people you closely encounter have the answers you need at any moment in time. So you are better off looking for solutions elsewhere anyway, no matter if you are in a relationship or not. The authors of books who don't know you personally seem to be the best friend in such matters. :D

P.S. I went to Kensington Palace during my last visit to London and there was this display of several elder people talking about their youth. I spent twenty minutes listening and watching them. There was an elder gentleman who stayed and watched that long as well and he was also fascinating to watch. He must have been about the same age as the people of the display. He seemed to have an immediate crush on one of the women of the display and I had a bit of a giggle each time she was on and his face lit up again. One of them said that nowadays young people immediately are in serious relationships while they just went out together and were friends. They spoke about sex and things like this, too, though and how they did not have proper clothes to wear. I totally misheard when she said that they had "chat rooms" and I asked the woman next to me: "Did she just say shag rooms?" "Chat rooms." "Oh." And the gentleman said that this is what we needed. I was sorry to disturb him while he was watching his crush. Luckily he did not understand what I had asked.

Last edited:
is honest with me (he can still be honest even if he is married to someone else)

Is he as honest with his wife as he is with you?

I'm too scared/apprehensive to start 'relationships' these days. They never end well for me, not that I've had that many mind :o.

I'm starting to feel this way myself. A multitude of small disappointments can add up to as much as one big one.

I'm 18 and I already think relationships are too much effort. I'm either with the wrong people or I'm destined to be a lonely bastard. :thumb:

You have about 60 years left of your life, you really shouldn't make any assumptions based on the last 3 or 4 years. :sweet:

Back
Top Bottom