what are you eating right now

Yesterday I took vegetables from my trip to a farmer’s market and made this really amazing Cauliflower Bahn Mi sandwich. Looking forward to having it again for lunch today.

07C13A3B-40A7-439C-B2D7-31756C465CFE.jpeg
1D09B260-9EB5-404B-BC64-BE519AA41FB8.jpeg
288AC4A7-0308-40D9-B5A0-3C2734CCDE6F.jpeg

I'm waiting for the freezing from my appointment at the dentist to subside, so I can eat the bounty I picked up today; cashews, cherries, blueberries, and some really nice avocados.

Made more preserves over the weekend. First up was Queen’s Jam with raspberries, blueberries and black currants.
96A7EEC0-1B66-43F3-A08A-B54A94D7CAE3.jpeg

Then I made a Blueberry Mojito Jam with the mint and lime added.
E2C91E0A-D556-4239-8057-506849852C70.jpeg

I’m loving all the fresh fruit available at the farmer's markets right now.

@rifke When you come back to Vancouver you should try this juice. I can really taste the beet juice in it.
i cant drink beet juice, even though beets are like my favourite thing ever. I used to make it with my juicer because I heard how good it was for you. I could barely get it down. when I had spent all that time peeling the beets, juicing them, washing the juicer and then drinking the godawful juice, only to then spew it all back up everywhere (beet juice is the only thing ive ever thrown up out of pure repulsion) I decided that was enough of that. just thinking about it my mouth starts coating itself with saliva as in preparation for throwing up.

i cant drink beet juice, even though beets are like my favourite thing ever. I used to make it with my juicer because I heard how good it was for you. I could barely get it down. when I had spent all that time peeling the beets, juicing them, washing the juicer and then drinking the godawful juice, only to then spew it all back up everywhere (beet juice is the only thing ive ever thrown up out of pure repulsion) I decided that was enough of that. just thinking about it my mouth starts coating itself with saliva as in preparation for throwing up.

This is ODD, because I am the same way. I LOVE BEETS. I love them roasted in a salad with nuts and goat cheese. I love beet fries. I cannot drink the juice. It makes me want to kill myself.

a granny smith apple. I've been craving apples lately. for some reason whenever I see anyone eating one on tv I always want, and I saw two movies last night, each where a character was eating an apple. so I bought apples, and now im eating one and it's very satisfying.

Pork fillet and Pilla's casserole with cafe' de Paris butter and her lovely salad.

She can stay for now!

Pilla cooked some eggs and now we will have them on toast. Egg slicer and place them neatly all over the toast that makes the butter melt so nicely.

Just back from the farmer’s market and my garden. Sourcing more things for preserves. Picked up some peaches since they’ve just come into season. Was still able to get some blueberries, too. Was thrilled to discover the bakery had simits, a rich, round sesame ring bread that I haven’t had since I was in Istanbul.
62D2EEEC-F970-4D31-B39B-229F2EADA3EE.jpeg

All of a sudden everything is ready in my garden. We had rain for the first tome in a week yesterday. That and the hot weather pushed my tomatoes towards ripeness fast. Brought home a bunch of basil, too. See a sauce in my future tonight. Was also shocked to discover a cucumber under a squash vine as I thought all the plants had died during the wet Spring.

D76DE4C2-6177-4EA6-ABE5-A82394E34420.jpeg

Just back from the farmer’s market and my garden. Sourcing more things for preserves. Picked up some peaches since they’ve just come into season. Was still able to get some blueberries, too. Was thrilled to discover the bakery had simits, a rich, round sesame ring bread that I haven’t had since I was in Istanbul.
View attachment 51537

All of a sudden everything is ready in my garden. We had rain for the first tome in a week yesterday. That and the hot weather pushed my tomatoes towards ripeness fast. Brought home a bunch of basil, too. See a sauce in my future tonight. Was also shocked to discover a cucumber under a squash vine as I thought all the plants had died during the wet Spring.

View attachment 51536
Wow. Nice!

Although the kidney pain is lessened, it's still there, and it drives me to have unusual cravings. I went to macdonald's, for cream cheese bagels and fries, and they mixed up my order and gave me egg mcmuffins instead. I ate one and returned to the cashier to ask for a cream cheese bagel in place of the remaining egg mcmuffin. I got it. Everything was gross.

Today I went back there with that strange persistent craving for cream cheese bagels and the sign by the door marketed an ice cream cone to me as well. The ice cream was underwhelming, and the bagels with cream cheese were too. What a waste of nearly $9.

20190807_210234.jpg

Tags
*francis baaaaacon dairy death 2 infidel dessert fat pigs fatfuckheaven food fruit future h'ween leftovers great thread kiwi-ownage meat meataint_murder nom nom nom time 4da season vegan vegetables vegetarian
Back
Top Bottom