what are you eating right now

actually i've only ever had dried figs too. it's very rare to find fresh ones in canada
That's a crock of shit. Small greengrocers like Quality Greens have them right now. They are expensive though - about a dollar per fig! Now, can you afford it? That is the question.

That is true but the dead wasp just added to the nice crunch.

LOL

Proof for the disbelievers. Warning: another pop scientist who speaks with her hands. YouTube is full of these sickeningly enthusiastic people. Ugh. You just know the moment they say “cut” she yells “get me a f***ing cigarette.” If I find my 3D glasses I wonder if I can slap her?

I am eating raspberry yogurt, eschewing the traditional spoon and pot for index finger from the inside of my backpack after the container split on the way back from the shop.

Proof for the disbelievers. Warning: another pop scientist who speaks with her hands. YouTube is full of these sickeningly enthusiastic people. Ugh. You just know the moment they say “cut” she yells “get me a f***ing cigarette.” If I find my 3D glasses I wonder if I can slap her?

I am eating raspberry yogurt, eschewing the traditional spoon and pot for index finger from the inside of my backpack after the container split on the way back from the shop.

Myths are funny but I prefer facts:

http://www.sciencefocus.com/qa/it-true-there-are-dead-wasps-figs

That's a crock of shit. Small greengrocers like Quality Greens have them right now. They are expensive though - about a dollar per fig! Now, can you afford it? That is the question.
i cant, but i've got a credit card. that's like free money, see.
wow, so defensive about figs. i dont think we have a quality greens where i live (ah, i see quality greens is in kelowna. so you're that awful little anon going by a new name). it may be that they're more rare where i live since we're not on the mainland. i do occasionally see them in grocery stores but i've never bothered to buy one since i dont know how to eat them.

i tried a fresh fig for the first time ever today ($1.50 a piece here, silly anon). could be that i just didnt get a very good one but my overall feeling is that they are kind of gross (especially the inside how it looks like it's been soaked in blood), and not at all what i was expecting. i think ill stick to dried ones.

OMG I finally found some proper baklava in this godforsaken town. We have this food hall that I tend to avoid because I find the stench of dead animals rather off-putting, but for some reason I went in there with my mum today, and there it was - right opposite the fresh moose: home-baked, traditional Greek baklava with the obligatory 33 layers of filo!

I have to say, as good as baklava praline, baklava cheesecake, baklava ice cream, baklava cream and chocolate baklava are, nothing - and I mean nothing - beats a simple, heavenly, Greek f***ing baklava. I am eating it right now.

Last edited:
OMG I finally found some proper baklava in this godforsaken town. We have this food hall that I tend to avoid because I find the stench of dead animals rather off-putting, but for some reason I went in there with my mum today, and there it was - right opposite the fresh moose: home-baked, traditional Greek baklava with the obligatory 37 layers of filo!

I have to say, as good as baklava praline, baklava cheesecake, baklava ice cream, baklava cream and chocolate baklava are, nothing - and I mean nothing - beats a simple, heavenly, Greek f***ing baklava. I am eating it right now.
jeallllouuuuuus!

well, im happy for you, i guess :( ahh you europeans and your food halls.best part of going to europe! after the... uh.. culture

fresh moose *shudder*...they really shouldnt be putting it next to the fresh moose, what if the delicate flaky layers absorb the smell?

did you mom have some baklava too? or did she say "oh 12" you and your baklava!"?

there's a place here that's supposed to sell good baklava, but i havent yet made it down there as it's in an out of the way location that i never have any business in. plus the area is kind of gross, all industrial and there's a vitamin shop right next door where meatheeds go to get their protein powder or whatnot, so i usually just eschew that area all together. one day ill make it down there and ill report back on the baklava. of course i have nothing but grocery store baklava to compare it to.

man, we havent talked about baklava in so long!

for breakfast i had pickled beets and cashews. an odd breakfast, even odder since i usually never have breakfast. but the cashews were left over from last night when i bought them to put in a salad, only when i was pouring them from the bulk bin at the store i was doing so one handed and so too many came out, thus i had left overs.

jeallllouuuuuus!

well, im happy for you, i guess :( ahh you europeans and your food halls.best part of going to europe! after the... uh.. culture

fresh moose *shudder*...they really shouldnt be putting it next to the fresh moose, what if the delicate flaky layers absorb the smell?

did you mom have some baklava too? or did she say "oh 12" you and your baklava!"?

there's a place here that's supposed to sell good baklava, but i havent yet made it down there as it's in an out of the way location that i never have any business in. plus the area is kind of gross, all industrial and there's a vitamin shop right next door where meatheeds go to get their protein powder or whatnot, so i usually just eschew that area all together. one day ill make it down there and ill report back on the baklava. of course i have nothing but grocery store baklava to compare it to.

man, we havent talked about baklava in so long!

Well, they'd put the baklava in a little glass vitrine, so it doesn't absorb the smell of murder. It looked so pretty. I was, of course, going to take a photograph and post it here, but I needed a reason to go back there and get more, so I didn't.

Mum had some baklava, too, remarking on the amount of calories (of course) and that she will never find a new husband now. AND she did say "you and your baklava", but she doesn't call me 12, she calls me bunbun (don't ask).

Oh I do hope you will make it to the good baklava place soon and tell us about it!

Well, they'd put the baklava in a little glass vitrine, so it doesn't absorb the smell of murder. It looked so pretty. I was, of course, going to take a photograph and post it here, but I needed a reason to go back there and get more, so I didn't.

Mum had some baklava, too, remarking on the amount of calories (of course) and that she will never find a new husband now. AND she did say "you and your baklava", but she doesn't call me 12, she calls me bunbun (don't ask).

Oh I do hope you will make it to the good baklava place soon and tell us about it!
oh my god!! bunbun! that is sooooooo cute!! did you know, when i was little i had a bunny and we called him bunbun?!

teehee 'bunbun'

pfft enjoying baklava is so much more important than finding a life partner!

You had a bunny called bunbun? Honestly?
actually two! the other one started out being called licorice (he was black, see) but it never stuck, and we just fell into calling him bunbun too. you see, etymologically speaking 'bun' derives from 'bunny', and when said twice in quick succession it takes on an added cuteness, suitable for bunnies themselves. i had just assumed that this is how your name derived (ie. your mom thinks you're 'cute as a bunny' as mothers sometimes do about their children). if you tell me it has no bunny connotations im really going to be thrown for a loop.

It's just a mutilation of the name Benjamin. No bunny connotations.

But "Benny" (I don't like it when people call me that) is pronounced "bunny" in Swedish, so I guess one could say there is a wee bunny connotation after all.

It's just a mutilation of the name Benjamin. No bunny connotations.

But "Benny" (I don't like it when people call me that) is pronounced "bunny" in Swedish, so I guess one could say there is a wee bunny connotation after all.
ohhhhhh i seeeeeeeeee. i have a nephew named benjamin too and we call him benny! ill have to tell him that in sweden it's pronounced bunny! is the 'j' pronounced as a 'y'?

yeah, i dont think you'd suit a benny. but bunbun for sure! (i mean, not that i would really know... :oops:)

ohhhhhh i seeeeeeeeee. i have a nephew named benjamin too and we call him benny! ill have to tell him that in sweden it's pronounced bunny! is the 'j' pronounced as a 'y'?

yeah, i dont think you'd suit a benny. but bunbun for sure! (i mean, not that i would really know... :oops:)

It's actually pronounced "bunnü" chez nous.

Yeah, the "j" is pronounced as a "y". I don't mind people calling me bunbun, it's kind of cute, depending on who says it.

Also, I like the fact that you had two bunnies called bunbun. :rabbit::rabbit:

It's actually pronounced "bunnü" chez nous.

Yeah, the "j" is pronounced as a "y". I don't mind people calling me bunbun, it's kind of cute, depending on who says it.

Also, I like the fact that you had two bunnies called bunbun. :rabbit::rabbit:
well, you know, naming animals is stressful :p

did you know that andy warhol had twenty siamese cats and all of them except one was called Sam?

do you like mozart kugeln? they're so good! christmas is the only time we can get them here (cue anon to call that a crock of shit citing the specialty austrian store in some hidden away corner of his city that sells them all year round). needless to say, im eating a mozart kugeln! (not sure if kugeln is singular or plural?).

Tags
*francis baaaaacon dairy death 2 infidel dessert fat pigs fatfuckheaven food fruit future h'ween leftovers great thread kiwi-ownage meat meataint_murder nom nom nom time 4da season vegan vegetables vegetarian
Back
Top Bottom