what are you eating right now

oh my goodness, rifke, i hope you haven't tried the above mentioned recipe yet and eaten a bishopswort salad. i confused bishopswort with ashweed. i think bishopswort cannot and shouldnt be eaten at all! the ashweed's the secret ingredient, not the bishopswort. damned dictionary. can you hear me?
uhhh nope. i think im safe! :p

burp. i was eating a big steaming bowl of nourishing sauerkraut with mashed patata. now i am feeling all satisfied. the recipe for the sauerkraut was handed down to me by my dear grandmother: add some caraway, onions and apple puree. the patata is mashed up with vegan mayo and herbal salt.

Nice!
I like sauerkraut. Nice, natural taste.
Very healthy and good for your stomach and digestion.
Cheers lanterns!

Reckon veggie tacos at The Sunset Marquis on a Wednesday. That's right inn it. I reckon there are some bots from this board going down to The Sunset Marquis on veggie taco Tuesday looking for Uncle Steve and lil' Sammy and Uncle Steve doesn't show anymore. Thanks a lot blood daft wackers tit. Now I am going to have to go to that stupid Mexican wrestling in May at the Mayan to get me selfie with Uncle Steve wearin' his Dodger cap.

I just had food. It is something I need they tell me to stay alive. So I asked them why I need it when I don't want to live.

I don't wanna be the starving gut bacteria in your bellies. You must all fart and smell like hell eating that forced upon you diet just cause some pop artist turned into your personal dictator.

Animals still die and nothing you ever do will change that fact so you lot are having your heads way down in the sand.

Nice!
I like sauerkraut. Nice, natural taste.
Very healthy and good for your stomach and digestion.
Cheers lanterns!
Not in itself but it contains the prebiotics that is food for the good bacteria in your gut but the problem is that sauerkraut contains alcohol which is of course very bad for you in every sense.

I would eat other things with prebiotics that is free from alcohol and perhaps only prebiotic pills.

burp. i was eating a big steaming bowl of nourishing sauerkraut with mashed patata. now i am feeling all satisfied. the recipe for the sauerkraut was handed down to me by my dear grandmother: add some caraway, onions and apple puree. the patata is mashed up with vegan mayo and herbal salt.

Can you share your recipe of vegan mayo?

Sauerkraut and stinging nettles? You guys sure know how to glam it up!

and here i was just thinking to myself: gee, i wonder what lanterns is eating today! looks good! i have to say i find your concoctions endlessly fascinating. i have a friend, who, by the way, is a right fatty, but a very talented chef, and he's always posting on his facebook page all these things he makes using rare and exotic ingredients, things like fungus found at the top of kilimanjaro or something like that, which frankly i dont know how he can afford (surely all his money must go to food?), and all of his friends are always salivating over all his posts, but frankly, i find it all a bit perverse. the basic ingredients you use are so much more appealing.

Last edited:
and here i was just thinking to myself: gee, i wonder what lanterns is eating today! looks good! i have to say i find your concoctions endlessly fascinating. i have a friend, who, by the way, is a right fatty, but a very talented chef, and he's always posting on his facebook page all these things he makes using rare and exotic ingredients, things like fungus found at the top of kilimanjaro or something like that, which frankly i dont know how he can afford (surely all his money must go to food?), and all of his friends are always salivating over all his posts, but frankly, i find it all a bit perverse. the basic ingredients you use are so much more appealing.

I agree.
As a giant bunny, I missed a basic ingredient like carrots. :(
I am sure it is on her dinner plate as well, at least sometimes!
I like your sociological view on food and human behaviour as it becomes now a more then laughable issue.
I mean as a cook you have to get that fungus growing at the top of the Kilimanjaro and report about it on fakebook, or otherwise you are bound for oblivion.
It is in a search for identity and and to be distinctive as a person.
Not that awful but sometimes it is hilarious and making me laugh.
Which of course is revealing my enormous teeth. :eek:

I agree.
As a giant bunny, I missed a basic ingredient like carrots. :(
I am sure it is on her dinner plate as well, at least sometimes!
I like your sociological view on food and human behaviour as it becomes now a more then laughable issue.
I mean as a cook you have to get that fungus growing at the top of the Kilimanjaro and report about it on fakebook, or otherwise you are bound for oblivion.
It is in a search for identity and and to be distinctive as a person.
Not that awful but sometimes it is hilarious and making me laugh.
Which of course is revealing my enormous teeth. :eek:

Oblivion is underrated.

Viva Carrot!

i enjoyed this film by doris doerrie. do you know it by any chance?

it says that cooking is all about leftovers and what to do with them. i wouldnt climb a mountain for the ingredients, just think of the carbon footprint.

i have not heard of it! it looks interesting. i am not much of a cook (tried to make perogies once but i think i did it wrong because it took way too long and they didnt taste right), but im interested in the philosophy of being a mindful eater, rather than, you know, shoving tortilla chips into my mouth as i sit in front of the computer :p i would like to get to the point where i eat just one bowl (im into the idea of bowl food) of something nourishing a day and actually, like, prepare it and sit down and eat it focusing only on the eating, rather than doing a million other things at the same time.

Because of things I have read on Morrissey-solo I'm seriously cutting down on dairy products. I still crave milk foam in my cappuccino, but I haven't had a yoghurt or cheese in ages and cook with olive oil instead of butter. I find jogging / exercise has become easier with shorter recovery and less joint paint, and my skin is nicer. I haven't started eating stinging nettles yet, but who knows ...

Because of things I have read on Morrissey-solo I'm seriously cutting down on dairy products. I still crave milk foam in my cappuccino, but I haven't had a yoghurt or cheese in ages and cook with olive oil instead of butter. I find jogging / exercise has become easier with shorter recovery and less joint paint, and my skin is nicer. I haven't started eating stinging nettles yet, but who knows ...

Funnily enough I gave up dairy after I read a post by Brummie Boy a while back. I have also noticed that I feel better and have clearer skin. I have swapped to almond milk and almond butter, the only thing I struggle with is finding a decent dairy free cheese to put on my home made pizza.

Funnily enough I gave up dairy after I read a post by Brummie Boy a while back. I have also noticed that I feel better and have clearer skin. I have swapped to almond milk and almond butter, the only thing I struggle with is finding a decent dairy free cheese to put on my home made pizza.

I use the cheddar 'Follow your heart/ Vegan gourmet cheese' brand, and though I've been vegan since 95 from what I can remember it tastes pretty spot on. Hope it works for you.

below is just a link to images of the product so you know what to look for, hope your grocery store carries it...

https://www.google.com/search?q=veg...isch&q=follow+your+heart+vegan+gourmet+cheese

i know what you mean. i like both actually, shoving and awareness eating, and of course there is lots inbetween. i participated in an awareness programme once as part of a vocational further training, where we mindfully had to put a raisin in our mouths and explore this little edible object for 10 mins without chewing or swallowing it. while all the other participants had closed their eyes, their faces expressing a state of neverending rapture, some swaying to and fro on their uncomfortable chairs, i went through a prolonged phase of irritation, and afterwards came to the conclusion that shovelling food can be just as illuminating, more in a physical way, and that i dont need people telling me when to do it and when not. i dont know what i would gain from it. of course i feel guilty because of that
the zen cook from the movie, ed brown, is regularly offering zen cooking workshops in a monastery in bavaria. one day i will hop the train to the south and join them. my only objection would be that he is not cooking vegan but vegetarian. i think there is a lot to learn, and i am always willing to tune in with people who have reached a higher state of mind, and who know that being gentle and kind often means hard work
oh a zen cooking workshop in a monastery in bavaria sounds idyllic!
and oh yes, i would be annoyed too by that scene you describe with the raisin (and gross, did it have to be a raisin? could it not have been a cashew or something?). i bet those people were all just pretending, anyway.

Tags
*francis baaaaacon dairy death 2 infidel dessert fat pigs fatfuckheaven food fruit future h'ween leftovers great thread kiwi-ownage meat meataint_murder nom nom nom time 4da season vegan vegetables vegetarian
Back
Top Bottom