what are you eating right now

Mmmmmh baklava. It's always the first thing I buy myself when I go to Greece. Some cappuccino, baklava and an ouzo ... happiness.
sounds good! i need to buy some more baklava so i can eat it with cappuccino and pretend im 12 inches on the slack on his sunny isle :D (really just an excuse to buy more baklava :p)

dolmades are also amazing. the greeks know how to eat!

I love me some Metaxa! I think a lot of beverages produced in Greece are top notch. They produce some fantastic wines as well, even on the islands, thanks to a mixture of volcanic soil and dry winds, so they don't have to use pesticides. I'd say they are among the best, cleanest wines in the world. Ahh. Going there on Wednesday. :)

Me jealous, much!
But have a good time 12inch! :thumb:

sounds good! i need to buy some more baklava so i can eat it with cappuccino and pretend im 12 inches on the slack on his sunny isle :D (really just an excuse to buy more baklava :p)

dolmades are also amazing. the greeks know how to eat!

Oh, you wouldn't want to be me. Not even for a cappuccino and baklava in the sun.

Yes, the Greeks know how to eat, drink and dance!

Last edited:
I love me some Metaxa! I think a lot of beverages produced in Greece are top notch. They produce some fantastic wines as well, even on the islands, thanks to a mixture of volcanic soil and dry winds, so they don't have to use pesticides. I'd say they are among the best, cleanest wines in the world. Ahh. Going there on Wednesday. :)

I guess you have been on a Kaiki (don't know if it is spelled right) too in the past, sailing between some of the isles cause there are a lot of small isles and not so far away from each other.
That was one of the finest moments in my life.
It was paradise for me.

You could rent such a small sailing boat, not expensive, and go sailing, taking some wine, baklava, some of that delicious type of spanakopita, the spinach tart from the oven and dolmades with you.
And someone to love of course in the first place! :p

In the summer, on the boat it wasn't that hot, the seawind cooling and refreshing.
Have a swim and enjoy life.
You could leave the boat on any of the isles if you wanted or sail back.
Only thing you had to take care of is protecting your skin with a high protecting factor cream, cause you could burn it very easily due to the seawind and sun and you wouldn't feel it before it was too late.
:thumb:

Mmmmh spanakopita and dolmades, they really are delicious! And vegetarian. Yeah I've never been sailing because I'm extremely seasick and manage about half a minute on a small boat. But the big ferries are fine, so we did a tour of the smaller Cycladic islands last year, Santorini, Folegandros, Amorgos, Koufonissia ... they are all beautiful and unique. And, like you say, it never gets so hot in summer because of the meltemi winds.

I won't be doing much this time, I'm only going for a week and I'll just look after the garden and get some rest since I've been working a bit much lately and am a bit exhausted. But I'll definitely go for a swim and I promise I shall protect my delicate Scandinavian skin with SPF50. :)

Sounds like you had some good times in Greece, why don't you go again?

DSC01525_1024 2.jpg

DSC01904_1024.jpg

DSC02018_1024.jpg

Mmmmh spanakopita and dolmades, they really are delicious! And vegetarian. Yeah I've never been sailing because I'm extremely seasick and manage about half a minute on a small boat. But the big ferries are fine, so we did a tour of the smaller Cycladic islands last year, Santorini, Folegandros, Amorgos, Koufonissia ... they are all beautiful and unique. And, like you say, it never gets so hot in summer because of the meltemi winds.

I won't be doing much this time, I'm only going for a week and I'll just look after the garden and get some rest since I've been working a bit much lately and am a bit exhausted. But I'll definitely go for a swim and I promise I shall protect my delicate Scandinavian skin with SPF50. :)

Sounds like you had some good times in Greece, why don't you go again?

View attachment 41348
View attachment 41349
View attachment 41350

Thanks for the photos 12inch!
So beautiful.
I would like to go back but don't have enough money now.
I will definitely go back when I have, that would be hopefully in two years!
You do it right by working hard and playing hard in a good rhythm!
Cheers!

Thanks for the photos 12inch!
So beautiful.
I would like to go back but don't have enough money now.
I will definitely go back when I have, that would be hopefully in two years!
You do it right by working hard and playing hard in a good rhythm!
Cheers!

Come visit. I'll be there from July to October. You won't need much money, all we eat grows in the garden.We only need money for the drinks, but they aren't awfully expensive. Honestly, you are such a sweetheart of a guy, you'd always be welcome to stay at my seaside shack.

Anyway, I'll shut up about Greece now. I feel I have hijacked this thread, although it's really Rifke's fault. Rifke and her baklava and her President Trudeau. :)

Last edited:
Ate two spoonfuls of blood purifier. Has a licorice taste to it. Gonna take a Turkey stroll and feel a little trippy and sweat some and let any toxins out. Later on I'll feel as strong as an Ox and get a Turkey steppin' session going on.

Come visit. I'll be there from July to October. You won't need much money, all we eat grows in the garden.We only need money for the drinks, but they aren't awfully expensive. Honestly, you are such a sweetheart of a guy, you'd always be welcome to stay at my seaside shack.

Anyway, I'll shut up about Greece now. I feel I have hijacked this thread, although it's really Rifke's fault. Rifke and her baklava and her President Trudeau. :)

That is an extraordinary nice gesture of you!
And, I really appreciate that very much.
I will PM you!
PS:
Hijacking a thread is the new thing to do, ask Ketamine Sun.
And if mods can, why not you?
Rifke, of course is totally innocent, ha. :D

im sorry, it's just that baklava gets me excited. :( did you know that before a week ago the only baklava i had ever had had been one piece from a mall food court years ago, and lets just say it did not deserve the name baklava. then about a week ago i saw some at the grocery store and it looked so pretty and neat in it's little box that i thought "hmm maybe ill try some of that" and when i did it was oh my god where have you been all my life baklava? that's a true story. alas, new amazing food discoveries are never a good thing. so anyway! i bought some more today but i made myself walk to get it which took two hours so it kind of evens out. i thought i'd make a theme of it and bought dolmades as well!

nice pictures, by the way! i love how white everything is there. the men in the video sure seem to be having a good time lol do you dance like that?! do you throw your dinner plates into the hearth as well?!

im sorry, it's just that baklava gets me excited. :( did you know that before a week ago the only baklava i had ever had had been one piece from a mall food court years ago, and lets just say it did not deserve the name baklava. then about a week ago i saw some at the grocery store and it looked so pretty and neat in it's little box that i thought "hmm maybe ill try some of that" and when i did it was oh my god where have you been all my life baklava? that's a true story. alas, new amazing food discoveries are never a good thing. so anyway! i bought some more today but i made myself walk to get it which took two hours so it kind of evens out. i thought i'd make a theme of it and bought dolmades as well!

nice pictures, by the way! i love how white everything is there. the men in the video sure seem to be having a good time lol do you dance like that?! do you throw your dinner plates into the hearth as well?!

"and when i did it was oh my god where have you been all my life baklava? that's a true story. alas, new amazing food discoveries are never a good thing. so anyway! i bought some more today but i made myself walk to get it which took two hours so it kind of evens out. i thought i'd make a theme of it and bought dolmades as well!"

That is so funny!
Especially the "oh my god where have you been all my life baklava!" part. :p
It's a pity though that only the baklava gets you excited. :(

The video is from Zorba the Greek with the keyrole by Anthony Quinn.
Such a fine actor.
They are dancing the Sirtaki, the nicest and easiest dance there is. Anyone can do that.
The dance of friendship and love.
The throwing of the dinner plates is a Greek tradition as well and there used to be a lot or them in any Greek family cause can you imagine how nice it is to throw a lot of them into the hearth when you're dancing, eating, drinking and finally living? (Hear my voice in your head when you think of me kindly, as Moz sang)
As you are a naughty girl, I just know you WOULD love to do that!
You should go there too Rifke! :thumb:

"and when i did it was oh my god where have you been all my life baklava? that's a true story. alas, new amazing food discoveries are never a good thing. so anyway! i bought some more today but i made myself walk to get it which took two hours so it kind of evens out. i thought i'd make a theme of it and bought dolmades as well!"

That is so funny!
Especially the "oh my god where have you been all my life baklava!" part. :p
It's a pity though that only the baklava gets you excited. :(

The video is from Zorba the Greek with the keyrole by Anthony Quinn.
Such a fine actor.
They are dancing the Sirtaki, the nicest and easiest dance there is. Anyone can do that.
The dance of friendship and love.
The throwing of the dinner plates is a Greek tradition as well and there used to be a lot or them in any Greek family cause can you imagine how nice it is to throw a lot of them into the hearth when you're dancing, eating, drinking and finally living? (Hear my voice in your head when you think of me kindly, as Moz sang)
As you are a naughty girl, I just know you WOULD love to do that!
You should go there too Rifke! :thumb:
not only baklava gets me excited! there's marzipan and halva too! and oh turkish delight! notice how i like foods from all over the world. this is because im wordly. :p

yeah, i suppose i could get in on some dinner plate smashing. such a waste though, no?

i need to watch more movies with anthony quinn. i've only ever seen him (i think) in la strada and lust for life (he played gauguin), but i really liked him in each. in fact, he was the best part of that silly lust for life movie.

Right, that does it. I am getting some baklava. I have to have some now.

Microwaved bean burrito from 7-11. My secret is Jack in the Box taco sauce.

freshly hatched bishopswort, dandelion leaves and stinging nettle from the garden avec une vinaigrette de soy yoghurt. it is said to support the body's purification process in spring time, even the old vikings favoured it. i washed it down with half a litre of raspberry leaves tea as i had forgotten to roll out the stinging nettles beforehand. now i am lying on the sofa waiting for the onset of effects
oh lanterns, you're so interesting!

freshly hatched bishopswort, dandelion leaves and stinging nettle from the garden avec une vinaigrette de soy yoghurt. it is said to support the body's purification process in spring time, even the old vikings favoured it. i washed it down with half a litre of raspberry leaves tea as i had forgotten to roll out the stinging nettles beforehand. now i am lying on the sofa waiting for the onset of effects

Morrissey needs to come visit your garden. Maybe you could fix him up with some mending herbs.

Are you by any chance a goat?

Tags
*francis baaaaacon dairy death 2 infidel dessert fat pigs fatfuckheaven food fruit future h'ween leftovers great thread kiwi-ownage meat meataint_murder nom nom nom time 4da season vegan vegetables vegetarian
Back
Top Bottom