Question What are the "holy grail" unleaked tracks at this point in time that are likely to materialise?

Ryan

Notre-DAYUM!
Subscriber
@Famous when dead, what would you say are the most likely candidates?

Kit is out there now.

I Know Who I Love
I'm Not Worth Hitting
Nightmare
Home Is A Question Mark (original Alain version with alternate lyrics)

On the next Maladjusted reissue, what do you think we can expect?

Who needs that Watt album, when there are unreleased masters from the 90s? They are much more important and vulnerable, imho.

Whoever unearthed "Kit" and "It's hard to walk tall when you are small" has the answer to all the questions. Maybe.

Last edited:
Many do.
Maybe you honestly don’t need BoT, and if so, will you promise all of us that you will not listen to it because you don’t think it’s as valuable as some unreleased songs from the 90s?
Sorry, wrong thread. You think, it's funny or cool namedropping it in a thread, that deals with discussions about potential outtakes/tracks. For me, it's not. Again: please, don't it.

Last edited:
Again, this thread deals with single tracks from his earlier recording career, that night exist or not. Not a whole album from 2021, that is delayed for a moment, because of obscure reasons. That's all, I want you to do.

Jonny Bridgwood is the best starting point for Kit-era stuff.
How it got on this site is known to some, but the source tape (note: tape) is likely to have come from that direction (although Goddard is not the go-between).
That's all I have to say about that...
FWD.

Jonny Bridgwood is the best starting point for Kit-era stuff.
How it got on this site is known to some, but the source tape (note: tape) is likely to have come from that direction (although Goddard is not the go-between).
That's all I have to say about that...
FWD.
Ok. That's important. The Bridgwood family talked very openly about IKWIL until the discussion reached a certain point, they will not cross. End of story.

Last edited:
Again, please tell others members not to bring up The Smiths then. The only reason your complaints are focused on me is because you don’t like my contributions in general, and if that’s the case … then put me on ignore.

Sorry, but I don’t think everyone sees it that way.

and btw, I don’t take commands from anyone, especially you.
I think you're overreacting a bit.
I asked you to do something, it was not an order. We're talking about older Morrissey recordings here, and The Smiths too. You bring BOT into it, to demonstrate that it is important (for you) too. That's childish and that's not what this is about. Everyone contributes effectively, only you have to bring BOT into play. It just doesn't fit. Sorry.

Yes, I would also say that Rainbow Valley is one of the songs that I would be most interested to hear. The original is a classic and I can imagine it suiting Morrissey's voice very well.

Who needs that Watt album, when there are unreleased masters from the 90s? They are much more important and vulnerable, imho.

Whoever unearthed "Kit" and "It's hard to walk tall when you are small" has the answer to all the questions. Maybe.
where are these?

I would definitely like to hear...

I Am Not Worth Hitting !

God Bless Lisa Presley, RIP.

Hazard x

I would definitely like to hear...

I Am Not Worth Hitting !

God Bless Lisa Presley, RIP.

Hazard x
My realistic distillation of the still missing outtakes with Morrissey's voice (most likely) 87-04:

Kill Uncle 91 (half finished like Born to hang)
Nightmare 97
I know who I love 97
Hanratty 97
I am not worth hitting 97
No one can hold a candle to you 97
Home is ? demo 03/04

It remains fascinating to me, that there are people who have just heard the Maladjusted outtakes and can judge that some of them really do contain Morrissey's vocals.

Have I forgotten something?

Last edited:
My realistic distillation of the still missing outtakes with Morrissey's voice (most likely) 87-04:

Nightmare 97
I know who I love 97
Hanratty 97
Home is ? demo 03/04

It remains fascinating to me, that there are people who have just heard the Maladjusted outtakes and can judge that some of them really do contain Morrissey's vocals.

There seems to be an early version of Honey you Know where to find me with music by Alain.

There seems to be an early version of Honey you Know where to find me with music by Alain.
"Laughing Anne" sounds brilliant as a song title too but a whole vocal attempt bei Morrissey seems most unlikely, considering all reliable sources.

The song Kill Uncle, and The Smiths cover of A Fool Such As I, though for different reasons not complete(?) Are still the holiest of holy grails, for me.

Also The Smiths… A Matter Of Opinion.

I haven’t been keeping track, but is it also possible that songs titled Nightmare, Laughing Anne, Hanratty, may be just working titles to songs we already know? Or were these clearly stated by a reliable source to be songs we’ve yet to hear?

"Oh, sit by the fire with your book
and pretend that you're active
But the very last stage of a nuclear age
is not attractive"
"God bless the boys on the factory floor"
"This is just something that happens to other people"
"When will you stand up and say what you really want to?"
(chorus)
"Oh, it's all a matter of opinion"
This is a very early Smiths song which was never professionally recorded nor played live. Complete lyrics are unknown but the following lines have been given by journalist Simon Goddard in an article to Record Collector magazine in June 2003 and in his essential books "The Songs That Saved Your Life" and "Mozipedia".

-from PJLM.

The lyrics remind me of something M would write today, the style. Though they may not be entirely accurate.

Last edited:
Yes, everything relating to Honey... that has leaked relates to the Boz tune.
Alain's hasn't circulated, even in the more 'exclusive' sharing circles - again, its engineers and musicians saying they've heard it ("faster") and then gets repeated everywhere - the more important point being: did it even survive?
On a side note,
I'd just suggest caution looking at/citing as gospel things like Krix, PJLM & books that mention interviews etc. I say this only because it appears that the things stated and repeated become 'solid' evidence and has lead to conflated facts and giving substance to things that may well be destroyed, never even existed or just be studio mess abouts that came to nil.
The more you read the sources, you can see how they've used each other's information and I believe that is not painting an accurate picture.
FWD.

Surely, you want to believe the sources and think up a few tracks. Years ago (before Kit and IHTWTWYAS were leaked), I spoke with one of the sources mentioned, which probably belongs to this insider circle and clearly communicated, that nothing will leak out. Therefore, I have chosen my enumeration with caution. However, if the post above is an allusion to the fact, that the Maladjusted outtakes are more of a legend or hoax, I am open to clarification from knowledgeable sources.

Nightmare 97
I know who I love 97
Hanratty 97
Home is ? demo 03/04

I Don’t Want Us To Finish

Action Man

Diana Dors

Fast Car, Sharp Bend, Goodbye

Hanratty

Home Is A Question Mark (YATQ version)

I Don’t Want Us To Finish

I Know Who I Love

I Was Bully Do Not Forget Me

I’m Looking forward To Going Back

I’m Not Worth Hitting

Me Satisfied

Nightmare

Teresa Teresa

The Longer I Live

When I Was Young

'The Price of Custard Disgusts Me' deserves to be heard by all of us.

Back
Top Bottom