What album are you listening to right now?

Balance and composure - light we made

Not at all like the previous album which is sure to piss off fans but it sounds super sweet to me. Melancholy trancy and very layered

Placebo - unplugged

Track list:

2:43 - Jackie
2:57 - For What It's Worth
6:42 - 36 Degrees
10:47 - Because I Want You
15:39 - Every You Every Me (feat. Majke Voss Romme aka Broken Twin)
19:57 - Song To Say Goodbye
23:26 - Meds
28:54 - Protect Me From What I Want (feat. Joan as Police Woman)
32:43 - Loud Like Love
38:25 - Too Many Friends
43:25 - Post Blue
47:00 - Slave To The Wage
51:03 - Without You I'm Nothing
55:54 - Hold On To Me
1:00:13 - Bosco
1:07:12 - Where Is My Mind?
1:10:40 - The Bitter End

I really love this band and there last album loud like love was there best yet. One thing I thought when listening was how at times his voice had a youthful Neil young quality

This is great.

xfq0jn.jpg

Ian Dury and the Blockheads, New Boots And Panties.
With that great tribute, Sweet Gene Vincent.
"I miss your sad, Virginia whisper
I miss the voice that calls my heart"
Boy, he was good Ian, and he had an amazing live band.
They played the roof down! :thumb:

Last edited:
Watching and listening to Paul Weller At The BBC (dvd) right now, at this instant 'Tales From The Riverbank'. Amazing.

The Brian Jonestown Massacre will be in Raleigh in September. I'd love to go, but I don't know if they're as good as they used to be...As with most anything that I've loved in the past, I'm kind of afraid to find out!

2dtaddc.jpg

The Brian Jonestown Massacre will be in Raleigh in September. I'd love to go, but I don't know if they're as good as they used to be...As with most anything that I've loved in the past, I'm kind of afraid to find out!

2dtaddc.jpg

Well I think it depends on how much you've kept up with the band. The players will obviously not be the same but really the players always changed. Hes released like eight albums since 2010 and they've gone in a few different directions with some kraut rock influence on some and some noisey shoegazer stuff on others as well as a sorta orchestral soundtrack album for good measure so you can expect that to be in the set list. I guess bottom line Is that if you're expecting just the sixties kinda psych rock of thank god for mental illness or take it back you might be disappointed but if you're worried he fell into a declining period of shambolic chaos since you last heard an album r saw a show then surpingly the answer is no

Back
Top Bottom