What album are you listening to right now? Part 2

Journal for plague lovers! it's amazing! richey really gets me. <3

Nick Cave's BLONDE soundtrack on lovely white vinyl. Sublime synth symbiosis. An empty church with haunting melodies drifting from an abandoned balcony as the light fades through stained glass windows.

I have been listening to Weyes Blood's Titanic Rising and And in the Darkness, Hearts Aglow repeatedly for the last few weeks. Both are beautiful.

Stand out songs, for me, include "Movies", "Something to Believe", "A Lot's Gonna Change", "Andromeda", and "Grapevine". Now I have tickets to see them in November at Hammersmith, too!

Anyone else as obsessed as me?!

Last edited:
I have been listening to Weyes Blood's Titanic Rising and And in the Darkness, Hearts Aglow repeatedly for the few weeks. Both are beautiful.

Stand out songs, for me, include "Movies", "Something to Believe", "A Lot's Gonna Change", "Andromeda", and "Grapevine". Now I have tickets to see them in November at Hammersmith, too!

Anyone else as obsessed as me?!
She is fantastic, Titanic rising in particular ..in the darkness is kind of hit and miss for me I love grapevine, god turn me into a flower and the closing track but some of the others I find a bit dull. The album before Titanic rising front row seat to earth is very good too if you haven't heard it. Enjoy the show in November I am jealous! :)

She is fantastic, Titanic rising in particular ..in the darkness is kind of hit and miss for me I love grapevine, god turn me into a flower and the closing track but some of the others I find a bit dull. The album before Titanic rising front row seat to earth is very good too if you haven't heard it. Enjoy the show in November I am jealous! :)
I agree! In the Darkness can feel somewhat one dimensional at points; that being said, there are still some stand out songs on the album. Titanic, on the other hand, is a masterpiece.

I need to work through the rest of her discography, so thank you for the suggestion!

I agree! In the Darkness can feel somewhat one dimensional at points; that being said, there are still some stand out songs on the album. Titanic, on the other hand, is a masterpiece.

I need to work through the rest of her discography, so thank you for the suggestion!
Agree about Titanic ..Hope you enjoy the others! Her (first?) Album two before Titanic rising wasn't for me but I heard it quite a few years ago now tastes change a bit don't they ..or develope or whatever so should give it another listen.

Senior - Röyksopp

Edit post-listening: This is a very dark, melancholic & full instrumental album (no vocals)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mono & world's end girlfriend - Palmless Prayer/ Mass Murder Refrain​

An absolutely beautiful album

For me , this first US release has the perfect tracklist . Although, from what I remember adding But Not Tonight was just an invention of US label. One of the best albums of the 80s and my favorite DM album.

BL.jpg

The excitement of a few Solo users about the new Depeche Mode album encouraged me to listen to some of the band's previous albums. On this spring rainy night, it's time to recall the 2005 album - Exciter, which received many critical reviews.

depeche-mode-exciter-album-cover.png

Recommended to listen in complete darkness.

ultra.jpg

Back
Top Bottom