What album are you listening to right now? Part 2

Masterpiece. I've never been a huge fan of DM , but the darkness and restlessness of this album are something that is hard to describe. Beauty born of suffering .

sofad.jpg

a2421577966_10.jpg

First album in 24 years. Brilliant.
If you don't know them, maybe start with this one. Totally different than than their prior work. Smithy jangle and late 70s-early 80s postpunk/no wave leanings throughout. Dark, angry lyrics. Extremely melodic rhythmic pretty vocals.
Their older stuff is like first wave British punk with Sonic Youth/Dinosaur Jr/Pavement guitars layered on top.
New album isnt actually available until Friday.

a2421577966_10.jpg

First album in 24 years. Brilliant.
If you don't know them, maybe start with this one. Totally different than than their prior work. Smithy jangle and late 70s-early 80s postpunk/no wave leanings throughout. Dark, angry lyrics. Extremely melodic rhythmic pretty vocals.
Their older stuff is like first wave British punk with Sonic Youth/Dinosaur Jr/Pavement guitars layered on top.
New album isnt actually available until Friday.
Proof I'm not a shill. Reviews are coming in.

DearHeather.jpg

Five songs deep into the new album from a-ha. So far, three great songs, two weak.

Five songs deep into the new album from a-ha. So far, three great songs, two weak.
It seems that Magne has written all the best songs on the album: I'm In, True North, Forest for the Trees, You Have What It Takes, Summer Rain are the gems at least for me. Pal's songs have a curious jazzy/lounge/musical quality to them, which I'm not particularly fond of.

It seems that Magne has written all the best songs on the album: I'm In, True North, Forest for the Trees, You Have What It Takes, Summer Rain are the gems at least for me. Pal's songs have a curious jazzy/lounge/musical quality to them, which I'm not particularly fond of.
I agree 100 percent. Those truly are the highlights for me as well. Pål’s songs lack melodic quality. They made the jazzy stuff sound great on stuff like “October”, but this is something else.

coma-2005-yu55.jpg

And eventually, you arrive back at the beginning.

Here it is: a more weird BOT than one could ever have imagined. Sullivan and myself both remember the original release and have spent many happy hours since then planning the narrative arc of the opera that never was. If anyone has a musical bent, we've BOXES FULL of lyrics to 'songs' that would have fitted wonderfully into our vision of this unrealised masterpiece.

For example: side one
'A Co-op Funeral Tea'
'I Know Where Your Grandmother Lives, You Little Swine'
'As Far-Fetched as a Bucket of Shit from China'
'Up a nick in Ashton'
'Co-op Funeral Tea (reprise, with the dividend)'

side two
'Stop Leaning on the scales, Jack'
'Knock-me-up its Nearly Light'
'Scuttle Me, Scuttle You'
'The Cat Was Asking for It'
'Don't throw the lamp at Jack, MOTHER, it's a waste of oil'
'Stockport Will Have to Do'
'Co-op Funeral Tea (reprise, with saving stamps)

Back
Top Bottom