What album are you listening to right now? Part 2

Morrissey - Calgary Oct 11 2019
Not a "regular" album as such but hadn't heard this one before. Just had the opportunity to listen to it this afternoon and it is very, very good.

lowhope.jpg

so much better, their last one ….

Thanks M-solo for bringing back memories .
The strongest album by A-ha . As an album not as a collection of hits .

a-ha-Scoundrel-Days-1986-cover-recenzja-review-okladka-2.jpg

My thoughts exactly. The pinnacle of their -- or anyone's -- career. The singles weren't as big hits as the ones on debut, but as an album this is absolutely great. The side one especially is flawless.

My thoughts exactly. The pinnacle of their -- or anyone's -- career. The singles weren't as big hits as the ones on debut, but as an album this is absolutely great. The side one especially is flawless.
Glorious piece of atmospheric pop. This must’ve confused all the teenyboppers at the time! Not that HHAL was happy-go-lucky or bubblegum in the slightest.

Morrissey - Calgary Oct 11 2019
Not a "regular" album as such but hadn't heard this one before. Just had the opportunity to listen to it this afternoon and it is very, very good.
I wonder if the Hitman was in the audience…

This is their last really good album. I could say it's A-Ha's Kill'em All.
Cold as a Stone , Locust and title track are outstanding songs .
7275102016-012.jpg

SUEDE. AUTOFICTION. Released 49 mins ago and already seared into my brain.

Night Thoughts was better than Bloodsports. The Blue Hour was better than Night Thoughts. An upward trajectory that continues with Autofiction. As dark and jagged as an alley cat running along a broken-glass topped narrow wall. Bloody brilliant and possibly their best since Dog Man Star. Never Mind The Sex Pistols, Here Comes Suede.

SUEDE. AUTOFICTION. Released 49 mins ago and already seared into my brain.

Night Thoughts was better than Bloodsports. The Blue Hour was better than Night Thoughts. An upward trajectory that continues with Autofiction. As dark and jagged as an alley cat running along a broken-glass topped narrow wall. Bloody brilliant and possibly their best since Dog Man Star. Never Mind The Sex Pistols, Here Comes Suede.

glad to hear it! im too nervous to listen to it today. maybe tomorrow. maybe, like blackstar, ill never listen to it.

Ignite the seven cannons of FELT
I became a big fan of Felt.Lawrence fascinates me is a great singer with a very interesting style is a great lyricist and is a character I love!!!!

This is their last really good album. I could say it's A-Ha's Kill'em All.
Cold as a Stone , Locust and title track are outstanding songs .
7275102016-012.jpg
Such an underrated album.

Back
Top Bottom