Westwood one CD?

There are definitely multiple Morrissey-solo Westwood One shows. I believe there are two others: Drury Lane, perhaps? And another show where he opened for Bowie. I have them at home but I'm currently on vacation so I can't provide specifics.

And another show where he opened for Bowie.

That one is called 'In Concert' and not Westwood One I think...

There are two different Westwood One cds for Chicago 2004. There's Drury Lane 1995 in two versions at least: one by itself and the other with a second cd with a Smiths concert. The other radio shows I know about are "In The Zone" or "In Concert".

But then I'm not at home to check more accurately right now.

Stephane

What would be a good price for the 2004 "Live in Concert" recorded at The House Of Blues in Chicago?

Unless it has tracks other than what I downloaded from that show...I would pay $5 for it perhaps...

Unless it has tracks other than what I downloaded from that show...I would pay $5 for it perhaps...

Some people are content with a hard drive full of files, others want the hard copy. The one type of person isn't any better or worse than the other.

A Hank Aaron rookie baseball card is worth over $100,000, but I bet you could download the photo and info on the back for free.

The one caveat is that those free downloads are worth what was paid for them; nothing. Physical items can escalate in value (and drop in value; ask an Erasure collector for clarification). If you bought the top 10 rarest Smiths items in '92 it would have cost you around $1,200.00. Today it would be worth around $14,500.00, using Record Collector prices as a (very rough) guide.

But what is priceless is the thrill of the hunt. Digging through record boxes at Vinyl Exchange in Manchester, the cd singles section at Amoeba Music in San Francisco, or even placing the winning bid on eBay is alot more fun than waiting for a file to download. Finding the That's Entertainment promo cd at a record fair for 7 GBP is an adrenaline rush you won't get on Smithstorrents.

Finding the That's Entertainment promo cd at a record fair for 7 GBP is an adrenaline rush you won't get on Smithstorrents.

"Rush" can't be applied to smithstorrents in any sense of the word. Seriously, though, it sounds like a serious Smiths collector has to have access to more than just eBay, and if it involves overseas travel to hit the best record stores, that way, way, way out of my league. The only way that I'll be traveling to the U.K. is if my step-grandmother dies and I have to go to represent my family. I've given up on the idea of collecting anything more than one physical copy of each song version, and that itself has cost me several hundred bucks (and I already had all of the standard-release full-length CDs). As consolation, I can look at pics of the more serious collectors' stuff and drool.

Back
Top Bottom