Wembley S.E.R. audio (alternate presentation)

Skylarker

People come second, or possibly third.
This is the Wembley show from March 14th, 2020 that Sam recently uploaded to Youtube and which was ripped and shared here by famouswhendead.

While this is overall one of the absolute best Morrissey bootlegs I've ever heard in terms of setlist, sound quality, performance, energy, etc., I didn't like how the songs were all cut/faded to stand alone like a long string of b-sides.

I also didn't love the running order, even though it's the way the show was played.

So, with the files that the aforementioned Solo member shared, I re-ordered the setlist and removed a few songs to make it CD-R length (I think all I lost were a few of the oldies covers). I know nobody uses CD-Rs anymore but I still do and that's what I make masters on when I am doing this crap. Anyway.

So, by carefully and tastefully crossfading the remaining tracks, I came up with what sounds, at a full sit-down listen, like a seamless recording of the show. I'll be the first to admit it isn't perfect but to my OCD ears it's way better. This is encoded to MP3 and as long as you're using a media player that doesn't default to gaps between tracks, this should sound the way I intended it to.

Here you go.

Tracklist:

Intro / London / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Love Is On Its Way Out / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Half A Person / Morning Starship / Once I Saw The River Clean / Back On The Chain Gang / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Man Loses Leg in Wood-Chopper / Munich Air Disaster, 1958 / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / I Wish You Lonely / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Irish Blood, English Heart / Satan Rejected My Soul / Jack The Ripper

MORRISSEY wemb2020.jpg

Last edited:

complete show
recorded as flac from youtube
gaps removed
tracked and labeled
lowered volume 5 db
Thank you. I think although people, on here, can be pretty nasty at times, and there can be some shifty folk. I think people like you and FWD , and Skylarker provide a great service and as bitchy as we all can be, I think we are all grateful

Thank you. I think although people, on here, can be pretty nasty at times, and there can be some shifty folk. I think people like you and FWD , and Skylarker provide a great service and as bitchy as we all can be, I think we are all grateful
totally agree, very grateful for all the great work you guys do

totally agree, very grateful for all the great work you guys do
Yep, FWD really has got the ship going in the right direction
I may be wrong, but I think it's Skylarker who was responsible for getting some real rare stuff on here.- the younger generation probably take it all for granted, but for someone who used to go to record fairs, its real treat when this stuff pops up

I know it's kind of an in-joke now "South with Morrissey who has it?"
Year in, year out from 2001, or so, onwards.

but who does have it?
Also, there was meant to be loads of footage filmed or The Importance of, I wonder how come that hasn't slipped out
To me that is "lost" stuff, that needs to be found

Yep, FWD really has got the ship going in the right direction
I may be wrong, but I think it's Skylarker who was responsible for getting some real rare stuff on here.- the younger generation probably take it all for granted, but for someone who used to go to record fairs, its real treat when this stuff pops up

I know it's kind of an in-joke now "South with Morrissey who has it?"
Year in, year out from 2001, or so, onwards.

but who does have it?
Also, there was meant to be loads of footage filmed or The Importance of, I wonder how come that hasn't slipped out
To me that is "lost" stuff, that needs to be found
Thanks but I want to make it clear that I unearthed NOTHING on my own and can take NO credit for the tons of amazing material that has been shared here over the years. Nor did I personally post anything for the first time (other than the very occasional audio rip of a live video or something).

My one and ONLY claim to fame here was the Never Heard Symphonies anthology, which is, admittedly, a gargantuan and meticulously curated collection but nonetheless a collection of material OTHER PEOPLE had offered first...and yes, I'm very proud of that effort and happy that so many people appreciate it. But yeah, I can name several users here (most of them now long gone) who have shared stuff that NOBODY else had or likely ever WOULD have...**coughVivaHatecough**...lots of members here have selflessly shared stuff that at this time or that time was considered holy-grail level sought after, and none of them was me. And even back in the day when I first started assembling the collection, I was f***ing selling CD-Rs of it online to make a buck, all based out of a MySpace page.

Sad and pathetic.

I am, at best, a scavenger and a beggar same as almost everyone else.

Last edited:
Thanks but I want to make it clear that I unearthed NOTHING on my own and can take NO credit for the tons of amazing material that has been shared here over the years. Nor did I personally post anything for the first time (other than the very occasional audio rip of a live video or something).

My one and ONLY claim to fame here was the Never Heard Symphonies anthology, which is, admittedly, a gargantuan and meticulously curated collection but nonetheless a collection of material OTHER PEOPLE had offered first...and yes, I'm very proud of that effort and happy that so many people appreciate it. But yeah, I can name several users here (most of them now long gone) who have shared stuff that NOBODY else had or likely ever WOULD have...**coughVivaHatecough**...lots of members here have selflessly shared stuff that at this time or that time was considered holy-grail level sought after, and none of them was me. And even back in the day when I first started assembling the collection, I was f***ing selling CD-Rs of it online to make a buck, all based out of a MySpace page.

Sad and pathetic.

I am, at best, a scavenger and a beggar same as almost everyone else.Yes

Well, im not sure if that post was one for "the lawyers" or if you are being humble or in your mind, you do not think your contribution is
of any great shakes
All fair enough, stances.

I was just, as always, giving my own view. To me, FWD , has been a revelation on here. This site in 2009 , was like an incel proto site.
then in and around 2010 , it got even worse.
The way everyone treated KY, was sick So sick I only just started coming back on here, 2 years ago.
Then I saw FWD posting stuff, trying his best to keep things pleasant, trying to create order I would see him and David and you and a few others posting links and things and it was nice to see.

Life with or without meds is hard work. Sometimes just sometimes, someone posting a link , to something is enough to lift the day
Its important you all know that.

Anyway

We are all picking through leftovers or pockets. The outside world is a quarry.

My point is this, even if you think you haven't done much, it's way more than most on here, including me.
I mean, I am not one of those who live on here or log in every day or even every week or month. When I do come on, I try not to be nasty (not always my natural impulse) and try to give an honest point of view.
That's it.

Some others. all they do is shit post, say nasty things. Try to be cruel. We all know who they are.
Or you get the ones whose options are just based on a form of brainwashing, hero-worship in the extreme. the Morrissey is never wrong brigade, every pop star has their own version. To me they are as bothersome as the shit posters

So, I say all this as even providing one link, is way more than most.

I may be wrong, but that's how I feel

@Dirk Blaggard

Well, im not sure if that post was one for "the lawyers" or if you are being humble or in your mind, you do not think your contribution is of any great shakes

It's definitely not for "the lawyers." There are no lawyers. There never have been any lawyers. And as I said, I am very proud of the compilation. I just wanted to make it clear that I didn't give anyone anything other than a cohesive as possible assembly of stuff that other, more altruistic members of the community had already shared. Because...I have seen people present things as though it was borne of their own womb. They want the accolades. I don't need the accolades.

To me, FWD , has been a revelation on here.

I like him, too. He does not get personally involved, which is a trait I do not have and which I envy. He sticks to the music and that's what it all comes down to.

This site in 2009 , was like an incel proto site. Then in and around 2010 , it got even worse.

I don't know exactly what that means. I don't know if that's true. There are great people here and there are shit people here. There always have been.

The way everyone treated KY, was sick

I was 14; she was 12.

Then I saw FWD posting stuff, trying his best to keep things pleasant, trying to create order I would see him and David and you and a few others posting links and things and it was nice to see.

FWD, as I noted earlier, is very good at staying objective. I am not. I get caught up in petty squabbles with people I don't know and who don't know me. That's unhealthy and counterproductive. I think some of us come here because we don't have anywhere else to talk about Morrissey and some of us come here because otherwise we'd have people tied up in our basements sodomized at random with cucumbers. I'd like to hope that most of us are just people gravitating toward the former but at worst talking out frustration in a healthy and largely harmless way at worst.

Sometimes just sometimes, someone posting a link , to something is enough to lift the day

I agree completely.

My point is this, even if you think you haven't done much, it's way more than most on here, including me.

Again; thanks.

I may be wrong, but that's how I feel

Everything is fine. No worries. Thanks for taking the time to post.

I re-ordered the setlist and removed a few songs to make it CD-R length (I think all I lost were a few of the oldies covers). I know nobody uses CD-Rs anymore but I still do and that's what I make masters on when I am doing this crap. Anyway.

Intro / London / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Love Is On Its Way Out / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Half A Person / Morning Starship / Once I Saw The River Clean / Back On The Chain Gang / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Man Loses Leg in Wood-Chopper / Munich Air Disaster, 1958 / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / I Wish You Lonely / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Irish Blood, English Heart / Satan Rejected My Soul / Jack The Ripper

Aw man... thanks for taking the effort to share it but it's so disappointing to find this with tracks missing... looking at setlist.fm it seems to be missing Lady Willpower, Some Say I Got Devil, and Wedding Bell Blues - live versions of these tracks is the main reason I'm looking for recent bootlegs! And the rest of the setlist jumps all over the place, I want to hear Morrissey's intention, not a fan's opinion of what sounds better (that goes for “fan edits” as well)! It's doubly frustrating that the reason is just to fit it on a CD-R, how's it a “master” if it's been burnt to a CD-R? Sorry to sound ungrateful but ahhh, what a waste of time, I'm just going to get the original rip and cut it up myself

Aw man... thanks for taking the effort to share it but it's so disappointing to find this with tracks missing... looking at setlist.fm it seems to be missing Lady Willpower, Some Say I Got Devil, and Wedding Bell Blues - live versions of these tracks is the main reason I'm looking for recent bootlegs! And the rest of the setlist jumps all over the place, I want to hear Morrissey's intention, not a fan's opinion of what sounds better (that goes for “fan edits” as well)! It's doubly frustrating that the reason is just to fit it on a CD-R, how's it a “master” if it's been burnt to a CD-R? Sorry to sound ungrateful but ahhh, what a waste of time, I'm just going to get the original rip and cut it up myself
Somehow I'll find the strength to carry on.

Sorry to be ungrateful but it's like bringing a cake to a birthday party and saying "I sneezed on it on the way here, but it still tastes great!"
I am not sure if or how to respond to this. The original, complete show is available in both its original presentation as well as a fan edit presentation. My version never claimed to be anything other than what it is. I don't understand the point of you WHINING and BITCHING.

I couldn't give less of a f*** what you think of my interpretation of the show. I mean, don't get me wrong, you're free to voice your opinion. I just don't see what your objective is other than to tell me that you prefer it unedited. So...OK...and?

complete show
recorded as flac from youtube
gaps removed
tracked and labeled
lowered volume 5 db

Why would you take a lossy recording and convert it to FLAC other than you being a hipster who doesn't actually understand what they are doing?

Reminds me of that Gabriel Friedlander dope who has been flooding this forum with trash.

FWD is a legend though

Are you trying to make fun of me ? .. are you joking ? (n) you don't anything about sound quality , what i have done is not a trash ..
Let's just say don't quit your day job.

Sad that you think taking existing work and "remastering" it to sound objectively worse in all counts is contributing something amazing to the community

I saw your profile picture the other day and it had me rolling on the floor laughing. I would equate you to a very proud idiot taking someone else's 5 star restaurant dish, smothering it in salt and then proceeding to burn it in a fancy oven (before sending the charred remains out to an unwitting and soon to be disgusted customer). At least you do it for free

Bravo fartlander!

Back
Top Bottom