We'll Let You Know

I know that's what the song is reputedly to be about, but it says other things to me. Its so sad and beautiful and pretty. It doesn't convey football violence to me at all, and it didn't from the very first time I heard it.

Football hooligans, Morrissey and Steven.

I did find this quote from him.. I don't have the source..

"I understand the level of patriotism, the level of frustration and the level of jubilance. I understand the overall character. I understand their agression and I understand why it must be released ... when I see reports on the television about hooliganism in Sweden and Denmark or somewhere I'm actually amused ... as long as people don't die, I am amused."

I found it here: http://www.worldofmorrissey.com/template.asp?id=16

the song is about a "we" within all of us :straightface:
that retarded jingoistic british raving mad british soccer fan
or whatever you want to call it
morrissey is evolved and not only understands these people, he transcends them :crazy:
then again, the songs he sings are not supposed to mean a thing :D
yet they can mean everything or everyone in this case :eek:

Surely Morrissey meant "Wii". He was ahead of his time.
Silly!
the song is about a "we" within all of us :straightface:
that retarded jingoistic british raving mad british soccer fan
or whatever you want to call it
morrissey is evolved and not only understands these people, he transcends them :crazy:

Do you honestly think all people have (specifically British) football hooligan within themselves? Or in the sense that people are naturally prejudiced? Neither of which I find to be true but yes Morrissey understands these groups though I don't think the voice is his own. :rolleyes:

Silly!

Do you honestly think all people have (specifically British) football hooligan within themselves? Or in the sense that people are naturally prejudiced? Neither of which I find to be true but yes Morrissey understands these groups though I don't think the voice is his own. :rolleyes:
hey, i am only half british and i got one in me :p
who doesnt when you hear a song like "Three Lions"? :blushing:

yeah i remember reading "Saint Morrissey" or an NME article or something that mentioned Well Let You Know as being about football hoolaginism

Back
Top Bottom