Well I'll be damned. Johnny Marr's web site hasn't been abandoned after all.

• Thread starter Theo van Gogh Martyrs Brigade
  • Start date
T

Theo van Gogh Martyrs Brigade

Funny of them to try and make it look like they had posted news in March when they hadn't. But...good to see there's something going on.

http://www.jmarr.com/

=====

June 6th 2005 | Johnny Marr and the Healers play live
Johnny is back in rehearsals with The Healers now and they are playing Patti Smiths Meltdown in London on June 24th with James Doviak on second guitar, Iwan Gronow on bass guitar and David Tolan on drums. Johnny: "I don't know how many songs I'm doing yet. Bert Jansch is also on the bill, and Roy Harper and Robyn Hitchcock too." We also have a few new titles from songs: "A Certain Kind", "I'm The One" and "For The True Believers".

June 1st 2005 | Johnny Marr in the news
There's an article/interview in the Observer newspaper sometime next week and there will also be a short q & a in Time Out magazine. For those that checked ITV's South Bank Show last month, Johnny appeared on it about the TV writer and close friend Paul Abbott.

March 31st 2005 | Recordings continue
Johnny informs that "The new Healers are rocking and the next album and tour will be liked by a lot of the fans, the songs are good, but not all finished".

Re: I had just peeked at that site last week, myself.

Was it updated then? Maybe it's old news, I dunno.

Did you like any of Marr's post-Smiths music?

Does anyone have the Observer interview and/or the Time Out Q&A?

Re: I had just peeked at that site last week, myself.

> Was it updated then? Maybe it's old news, I dunno.

> Did you like any of Marr's post-Smiths music?

I like some Electronic tunes. I really didn't spend time looking at the site. I just wanted to see what it was about.

Re: Does anyone have the Observer interview and/or the Time Out Q&A?

I don't think The Observer one has been published. If it's in this week's it'll be on line in about 8 hours time. But the monthly music mag is out next Sunday, so it might be held back for that.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/

No Kidding! I stopped dropping in eons ago..

and out of nowhere he updates. I hear he lives and owns property between Tucson and Phoenix Ari. if that can b believed.

Re: No Kidding! I stopped dropping in eons ago..

> and out of nowhere he updates. I hear he lives and owns property between
> Tucson and Phoenix Ari. if that can b believed.

I like Johnny - Always have. I have his album - not bad really. Cross between oasis and stone roses.

Ten million times better then John Squires attempt at solo stuff - that was fookin disaterous.

Re: The Healers

> I like Johnny - Always have. I have his album - not bad really. Cross
> between oasis and stone roses.

I think the album's pretty good too. Except merely "pretty good" is not what I want from him. The album needed a couple GREAT songs, ya know?

There's potential there with the Healers. I'm anticipating just more of the same, but maybe he'll have a trick up his sleeve.

Back
Top Bottom