Well f*** I didn't know that

A

Anonymous

Just watching McCartney 3, 2, 1 on Disney+

Anyway, McCartney's explaining how Come Together came together. I didn't know this.

Skip forward to 1:12

Now play this

Just watching McCartney 3, 2, 1 on Disney+

Anyway, McCartney's explaining how Come Together came together. I didn't know this.

Skip forward to 1:12

Now play this

Yeah, common knowledge. John was sued for it also ..

“Cover versions. Berry's music publisher, Morris Levy, sued John Lennon for copyright infringement because of the melodic similarity between "You Can't Catch Me" and the Beatles' 1969 song "Come Together", written by Lennon, and because the Beatles' song used some of the lyrics of Berry's song ("here come old flat-top") ...”

“Cover versions. Berry's music publisher, Morris Levy, sued John Lennon for copyright infringement because of the melodic similarity between "You Can't Catch Me" and the Beatles' 1969 song "Come Together", written by Lennon, and because the Beatles' song used some of the lyrics of Berry's song ("here come old flat-top") ...”

Bloody fascinating! The Beatles do make it their own, but man! They basically sample Chuck Berry. Unreal.

dont know if five words would be construed as plagiarism,what is it they say, talent borrows genius steals.and if proved how much do you pay out.

dont know if five words would be construed as plagiarism,what is it they say, talent borrows genius steals.and if proved how much do you pay out.

I guess John wasn’t genius enough
and got caught!

Back
Top Bottom