Weird thing that happened

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
So I'm a little buzzed at the moment and won't go into serious critical analysis of this, but this weird thing happened to me the other day. So sometimes I get a song stuck in my head and I gotta hear it or else it drives me insane, Saturday that was Dare by the Gorillaz. SO I drive to Amoeba Records and buy the album which looks like this:

gorillaz-demondays.jpg

So the next day I go over to my friends house and he's cleaning out his CD's that he's uploaded and gives me a stack of them, including the other Gorillaz album pls a bunch of others. I take them home and set them on the desk next to the one I bought at Amoeba the night before and what album is at the top of the stack?

letitbe.jpg

Now there's certainly something to be said about the Gorillaz one copying the Beatles one, but so strange that they just wind up side by side coincidentally, as though to say whenever Let It Be was recorded might pinpoint a certain Demon Days. Bleh. WHo knows. Who cares. *Hiccup* It struck me as something interesting and pursuable at the time, then again I take delight in cloud formations and soap scum rings as signs of a greater truth. :p

I'm going to assume this event blew everyone's mind so much they were at a loss to post a reply from being stunned into disbelief. :p

Album Cover Art History

Another variation on this is the cover of Blur's Greatest Hits, which I cannot share with you now due to the firewall at work. :mad: Here's a linkydink, tho:

click and scroll down to Blur

Then there's also...

S-A-TUR-DAY Night!

I'm only on B, Chys. This might continue later.

Yeah, no black background, but very similar variations on a theme. I guess Blur were trying to say, "We're bigger than the Beatles" or "We cannot be contained." I think the BCR were just prisoners, men in boxes.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: Album Cover Art History

Yeah, no black background, but very similar variations on a theme. I guess Blur were trying to say, "We're bigger than the Beatles" or "We cannot be contained." I think the BCR were just prisoners, men in boxes.

Well, based on track 13 of Demon Days, which is Blurish, they weren't exactly saying they were bigger than the Beatles, more that they knew something the Beatles didn't. Both bands THC inspired I presume, but different eras of using the truth serum known as pot.

I've yet to dissect the symbolism of the Bay City Rollers. :p

I've yet to dissect the symbolism of the Bay City Rollers. :p

It was all very sordid and cultish, apparently. I'm waiting for the film.

Tags
coincidence double rainbow
Back
Top Bottom