"Wedding Bell Blues" w/Billie Joe Armstrong digital release, BBC Radio 2 first play (Apr. 8, 2019)

UPDATE Apr. 8:

Here's the official one:

Posted by Thewlis:

Now on Spotify!

20190407_030323.jpg

Wedding Bell Blues was played earlier today on the Ken Bruce show as a world exclusive.
Digital versions and a YouTube video followed thereafter.
It is reportedly the 22 year anniversary of Laura Nyro's passing today also (thanks Anon for the info).
The radio broadcast and other versions are available in the download section.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm now wondering if 'William, It Was Really Nothing' was an answer song to the original of this all along. In 'Wedding Bell Blues' the singer wants Bill (short for William) to marry her. In the Smiths song, the singer urges William not to stay with the girl asking him to marry her.

This song is the first chink in the armour of the new album. I think its a dire mess that goes nowhere slowly.
One step away from elevator musak. Please please please let me get to my floor before it ends.

This song is the first chink in the armour of the new album. I think its a dire mess that goes nowhere slowly.
One step away from elevator musak. Please please please let me get to my floor before it ends.

If we’re lucky... someone will cut the cables!

;):cool:

sorry all, the song is a grower, was yesterday not positive about it, but after 1 day it went from awfull to a grower...keep you'll updated about my thought and non thoughts, have a wedding bell blues all

I loved the other two singles, specially It's Over... But I don't really like this one.
Morrissey's voice sounds fantastic, but the piano and the female singers... It somehow reminds me of how Bowie managed to destroy "I know it's gonna happen someday".

On the other hand, I think that it may sound amazing if he plays it live without the female chorus and with a less explosive piano.

Anyway, I loved the other two singles, so hopefully they will release a deluxe edition of California Son without this one.

I've always liked Morrissey's cover versions of bands like The New York Dolls, The Jam, Magazine, Ramones, Raymonde, Bowie.... I even really love "Rose garden". But this song? Simply not for me. Or "It's Over" for that matter. I can't really explain why. I just don't like anything about them. Way too produced, polished and syrupy, I guess.

"Morning Starship" is the best of the three so far.

I've always liked Morrissey's cover versions of bands like The New York Dolls, The Jam, Magazine, Ramones, Raymonde, Bowie.... I even really love "Rose garden". But this song? Simply not for me. Or "It's Over" for that matter. I can't really explain why. I just don't like anything about them. Way too produced, polished and syrupy, I guess.

I see where you're coming from, these songs are so "square". Maybe it's a function of age. It's the reverse of someone like Tom Jones or Pat Boone covering rock songs.

That's because Morning Starship is superb.

Well ... I know it's about climate change because Johnny pointed it out. Wouldn't have crossed my mind for a second if he had not pointed it out.

It's explicitly in the lyrics, but it's not necessary to understand it to enjoy it - just like a good pop song should be with a singalong chorus. But it's the lyrics that elevate the song.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom