Wedding Bell Blues (Morrissey Central, 28/02/2019)

7B9AC490-DC8C-4326-8E47-5E521CF28FE6.jpeg
https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/wedding-bell-blues

46410_wedding_bell_blues_vinyl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So....Billie Joe Armstrong is a famous Bisexual...just saying.

Wedding Bell Blues is a f***ing horrid song. Hate the vocals. Hate the message. Hate that I heard it multiple times working every overnight on the "Kmart radio network" during my terrible teens.

The tall dude. I thought he was a hanger on, stood out back of the San Diego gig doing not much
In fairness going to the same concert every night would wreck anyone's head, regardless of how brilliant a Moz concert is. I suppose I could never understand the fans who go to every concert and spend all their money on it.

does nobody remember before world peace came out we got a song to buy every Tuesday for three maybe four weeks,first was world peace,second I think was bullfighter and third was Istanbul and the fourth was earth is the lonliest planet,is it only me that remembers this because nobody seems to mention it .

Wedding Bell Blues is a f***ing horrid song. Hate the vocals. Hate the message. Hate that I heard it multiple times working every overnight on the "Kmart radio network" during my terrible teens.
well you wont be buying it,leave that to the grown ups.it will be another cracker vocally.

do you ever notice on here when there is good news certain people go missing in action.

Interesting. How did Morrissey's and Billie Joe's paths cross?
Looking forward to the covers. The Orbison track was nicely done.
Still would've liked a Simon & Garfunkel song (e.g. "I Am a Rock") on there, but there are admittedly some songs I've never heard so I'll listen to them as completely "new".

Edit: Oh, and pleasantly surprised about Fifth Dimension. Long time fan of Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In and even sillier Up, Up, and Away. Amazing sound.

I think Morrissey's cover of Wedding Bell Blues will probably be more influenced by Laura Nyro's original rather than the later Fifth Dimension version. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
I like the new covers. They're reminiscing of The Smiths ones.
The single is not available yet in Amazon (today 1/2/19). I hope it will be soon!!
46410_wedding_bell_blues_vinyl.jpg

Expecting Title , Artwork & Tracklisting for Moz' new studio album any day/minute now....Maybe I Thought you Were Dead is actually the lead Single off it ...and this will end up being a double A-side on release

I think Morrissey's cover of Wedding Bell Blues will probably be more influenced by Laura Nyro's original rather than the later Fifth Dimension version. I could be wrong though.
Yes, I was wondering about this too.
I understand the original '66 Nyro release had some 'drama' behind it, but I'd hope she gets crediting as the writer of the song. All press/official references to Wedding Bell Blues with regards to California Son only mention him covering a 5th Dimension song.
Yet, it appears he's actually covering a cover!
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom