Morrissey Central "WE HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD" (February 6, 2022)

WE HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD

YT video titled:
"Protesters Attempted Red Pilling Of RCMP Officers."

Video description:
"Protesters in Alberta were confronted by RCMP officers that were obviously sent out to discourage and lower their morale. One of the officers remained silent while the other demeaned the protesters by shouting: "how long can you stay?" Replies were numerous but the consensus was basically forever. "

Dennis Hendrickson's YT channel describes itself as:
"Covering important breaking news. We are an alternative source of media. Our goal is to pull out the truth as best we can and point out hypocrisy when we see it. We want you as a media consumer to put your thoughtful opinions into our content as well. We feel it's only fair to let you, the American people have a say in what's being broadcast and have a say in what's real and what is not. "

Regards,
FWD.

Update:
On February 7, the video was made private and removed from view.

Compare & contrast.

It was a dig at his sexuality. There was nothing racist at Finsbury at all. They wanted to goad him into an interview. And would have spiked the story if he 'explained his interest in skinheads' - which they assumed was sexual.

Dr Dinesh Bhugra, a psychologist at the Institute of Psychiatry, speaking on Skin Complex, the Channel 4 programme to be screened on Wednesday, argues that gay men adopting the skinhead image is not surprising. In a society that is producing a tremendous amount of homophobia, you have to try and protect yourself by whichever means you can and if, in order to do it, it means you are identifying with the oppressor then people will do that in order to survive. (Independent, 26th July 1992)

Let’s not forget that the adolescent Morrissey used to be chased through the streets of Manchester at night by leering beer-boys, some of whom may have held NF sympathies, simply for being ‘different’. And he definitely spent a lot of time in Whalley Range, a multi-racial area. Is he now identifying with his former oppressors? Has he changed from the persecuted to the persecutor? Or, is he fascinated by the idea of racism, by the look of violent skinheads, to the extent of being oppressed so much he falls in love with his oppressors? (NME, August 1992)

A dig at his sexuality?! What sexuality is that, "humasexual"?! :ROFLMAO: If anyone is homophobic, it's Morrissey himself for refusing to admit he is a gay man throughout his sixty-some years!

And I don't read the article as a homophobic at all. The writer doesn't mention sexuality at all. Morrissey WAS different than those leering beer-boys who chased him! He'd be the first to say so!

And yes, Morrissey has had a longtime fascination with working-class roughs throughout his work, including skinheads. And, yes, some of that fascination can be read as sexual, but this writer was not in fact stating that.

Morrissey can say he isn't anti-immigration or that he doesn't belong to any political party, but, in the larger body of his total words and actions,
Larger body? Starting with Hand in Glove? And all that we are able to know about him before The Smiths through his Autobiography? And what his few closet friends have said about him?

He just likes the trappings and the culture that surround the outsider element. He has some racist friends.

define ‘friends’

Sure, he may have known or met people through others.

How many is ‘some’? Did he go around with a gang? And who are these supposedly ‘racist friends’.

It’s a strange accusation. If I’m wrong, then please correct me.

He has some racist friends. And if he carries on this way, he'll have thousands more." Of course, he was right about the last bit, but after 30 years, the verdice is out on the first bit!

You believe he now has a thousand
racist ‘friends’? Have you met them? taken a poll?

Finally, @Ketamine Sun you want me to give Moz the benefit of the doubt that he "may believe that a preference for one’s own race, is a social construct that divide us"
sure. With the whole body of his work, words and actions it supports that he is a bit of a handsome devil, but always a charming man.

but the bulk of his words and actions support a far different view.
Starting when? Are you taking in the human being in part or in whole?
He promotes a world where all races and nationalities are fine as long as they stay in their own place!

Yes, it would be wonderful to go to
Bangkok or Britain and not have to see a McDonalds.

Well on the face of it, and being selective in your ‘fact’ gathering, I can see how you may come to your conclusions. But, If he were to explain, I’m sure we would get what he actually means.

Do you interpret his comments as, let’s round up all those that have immigrated to Britain that want to express their own cultural traditions and ship them out?
Though I can see that he may have issues with seeing places that he once knew changed. Especially if he identifies with a England in the way he does. And he’s lived out of the country for periods of time, so coming back, I’m sure he can really see the changes more clearly.

I don't think your passiveness comes from a place of tolerance.
Passive? Trust me. If I was intolerant of people believing that by being angry and negative towards Morrissey they will somehow magically stop Morrissey from saying what he says, I would have been banned from solo long ago. Lol.

I think that you wonder "what is all the fuss about?" because you are not close to British politics and can't see why the FB stuff would make people angry, that's all.

No. I’m able to see how one could perceive what Morrissey says, and how that could rile you and others up.

Edit: regarding FB, I simply don’t
see a threat to the world or much benefit gained by any (fringe?) party that Morrissey or another pop music celebrity would make by their ‘support’. Though you’re correct, my view is an outsiders take.

Last edited:
A dig at his sexuality?! What sexuality is that, "humasexual"?! :ROFLMAO: If anyone is homophobic, it's Morrissey himself for refusing to admit he is a gay man throughout his sixty-some years!

And I don't read the article as a homophobic at all. The writer doesn't mention sexuality at all. Morrissey WAS different than those leering beer-boys who chased him! He'd be the first to say so!

And yes, Morrissey has had a longtime fascination with working-class roughs throughout his work, including skinheads. And, yes, some of that fascination can be read as sexual, but this writer was not in fact stating that.

I wondered what troll you'd come back with - but that's shitty, even by Verso's standards.

Yes, it's about his sexuality. And I verified the story in the real world.

Get knotted.

Absolute cobblers. I've found great friends in many countries around the world, Nordic, Indian, Caribbean, African, Arabic - I could go on. The more you travel, the more you find out that as humans, we have more in common than anything that may divide us.

Do you remember a singer, I forget his name, who had a song called "People Are The Same Everywhere"?

Thought not
Morrissey isn’t make a value judgement, just stating a general case. We tend to prefer those who are most like us. Whether for good or ill you can’t just undo the comfort and tribal favouritism any bonded group of animals will feel.

Morrissey isn’t make a value judgement, just stating a general case. We tend to prefer those who are most like us. Whether for good or ill you can’t just undo the comfort and tribal favouritism any bonded group of animals will feel.

Morrissey "stating a general case" for tribalism. No thanks, a completely outmoded, divisive and unenlightened mode of thinking.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom