Morrissey Central "WE HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD" (February 6, 2022)

WE HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD

YT video titled:
"Protesters Attempted Red Pilling Of RCMP Officers."

Video description:
"Protesters in Alberta were confronted by RCMP officers that were obviously sent out to discourage and lower their morale. One of the officers remained silent while the other demeaned the protesters by shouting: "how long can you stay?" Replies were numerous but the consensus was basically forever. "

Dennis Hendrickson's YT channel describes itself as:
"Covering important breaking news. We are an alternative source of media. Our goal is to pull out the truth as best we can and point out hypocrisy when we see it. We want you as a media consumer to put your thoughtful opinions into our content as well. We feel it's only fair to let you, the American people have a say in what's being broadcast and have a say in what's real and what is not. "

Regards,
FWD.

Update:
On February 7, the video was made private and removed from view.

Well, arguing that he’s wrong whenever it’s brought up, or bringing it up yourself, just perpetuates the raking. So you must get some kind of pleasure out of it, just like the other do.
Nonsense. Morrissey (or Sam) frequently posts political content on his official website and it would be foolish to expect fans not to comment on that. Even you're commenting on it, by taking part in this thread!

And he is wrong, as far as I'm concerned - I'm not on board with those creeps & will never understand why he is.

Nonsense. Morrissey (or Sam) frequently posts political content on his official website and it would be foolish to expect fans not to comment on that. Even you're commenting on it, by taking part in this thread!

It’s how one comments that perpetuates the raking.

And he is wrong, as far as I'm concerned - I'm not on board with those creeps & will never understand why he is.

& there you go.

Enjoy !

It’s how one comments that perpetuates the raking.
& there you go.

Enjoy !
Morrissey himself perpetuates the 'raking' and pours petrol on these issues with the stupidity on his website, you fool. You might want to live in a world where nobody is allowed to criticise those views but most of us don't.

Last edited:
I can see how he gets 'taken in' by someone he meets and finds them beguiling or whatever... but not to the extent that he doesn't do the most basic research about a completely new party before spouting about it.

This party was founded in 2017 and literally within 6 months, he is promoting them. Being willing to ruin your career for an unelectable fringe group you know nothing about - it's crazy. It's unbelievably stupid. He comes across as a useful idiot for these people.

They're still using Morrissey's name to sell their badges:

Erm... if you interpret absolutely any criticism of Morrissey as 'raking', yeah. :rolleyes:

I didn’t say that.

I don't enjoy it, the never-ending hate is heartbreaking.

That’s the raking. People enjoy hating. If you don’t enjoy it, then don’t take part in it. But it seems you find some kind of pleasure in it.

It is at a point where M could post something completely benign and music-related on social media and still be inundated with comments telling him to kill himself - that's where we're at.

People enjoy hating what they don’t understand.

That’s the raking. People enjoy hating. If you don’t enjoy it, then don’t take part in it. But it seems you find some kind of pleasure in it.
Criticising Morrissey for aligning himself with utter scumbags is not 'hating', it's what anybody with half a brain would do. If you can't see the difference between long-term fans on here who are devastated by his views and the ones who just 'love to hate' him on social media, that's your problem. Dismissing reasonable adults as 'haters' because they are critical is childish and intellectually dishonest.

Morrissey himself perpetuates the 'raking' and pours petrol on these issues with the stupidity on his website, you fool.

Fool? The fools are the ones that allow themselves to be triggered by it.

What Morrissey says will never be under your control. But the way you react can be something you can control.

The choice is yours, go with what benefits you.

You might want to live in a world where nobody is allowed to criticise those views but most of us don't.

We all live in the world of our choosing.

Criticising Morrissey for aligning himself with utter scumbags is not 'hating', it's what anybody with half a brain would do. If you can't see the difference between long-term fans on here who are devastated by his views and the ones who just 'love to hate' him on social media, that's your problem. Dismissing reasonable adults as 'haters' because they are critical is childish and intellectually dishonest.

I certainly see the difference between the acute, empathetic "devastated" like yourself, Amy, and the mindless possibly autistic (in a broad sense) social media haters.

But I have two questions re these "utter scumbags" as you call them. (I haven't checked them out particularly - these people that he is "aligning himself with" as you put it.)

Question 1: How closely is he truly aligning himself with them, rather than certain views they represent? (Or some version of those views which may not be as extreme as theirs?)

Question 2: How much are they truly utter scumbags? Is it possible our mainstream media is overly-defining them as scumbags to be loathed?

Maybe, for instance, they might be less utterly scumbag and more utterly deluded . . . ?

I don't know.

As I say, I've not really checked them out.

I certainly see the difference between the acute, empathetic "devastated" like yourself, Amy, and the mindless possibly autistic (in a broad sense) social media haters.

But I have two questions re these "utter scumbags" as you call them. (I haven't checked them out particularly - these people that he is "aligning himself with" as you put it.)

Question 1: How closely is he truly aligning himself with them, rather than certain views they represent?

Question 2: How much are they truly utter scumbags? Is it possible our mainstream media is overly-defining them as scumbags to be loathed?

Maybe, for instance, they might be less utterly scumbag and more utterly deluded . . . ?

I don't know.

As I say, I've not really checked them out.
The best way to find that out is to read about them, check them out properly and draw your own conclusions from what you find.

The best way to find that out is to read about them, check them out properly and draw your own conclusions from what you find.
Indeed.

Little time to keep on top of this increasingly mad world.

Meanwhile, as someone who has spent most of his adult life on the Left and still loathes the Thatcher Right . . . I get why many people feel things like this today:

714d4e00463405b35782dfdf8b2cf5e3deb4448aa3d6442c93007a5bfad050fa_1.jpg

I never thought, either . . . complex, tough issues here around Morrissey and the Right.

Criticising Morrissey for aligning himself with utter scumbags is not 'hating', it's what anybody with half a brain would do.

maybe if they had more than just half a brain, they might choose to be tolerant of others. And in turn, find peace for themselves.

If you can't see the difference between long-term fans on here who are devastated by his views

That is their choice, to be ‘devastated’.

and the ones who just 'love to hate' him on social media, that's your problem.

don’t know why you would think I could not see a difference.

Dismissing reasonable adults

there’s ‘reasonable adults’ here ?

as 'haters' because they are critical is childish

No.

It’s childish to let yourself be easily triggered and to be continually upset over someone’s comments that you have no control over.
It’s a bit :crazy:actually.

For what very, very, very little it is worth . . . I imagine Amy's devastation is rooted in noble things.

maybe if they had more than just half a brain, they might choose to be tolerant of others. And in turn, find peace for themselves.

That is their choice, to be ‘devastated’.
don’t know why you would think I could not see a difference.

there’s ‘reasonable adults’ here ?
No.

It’s childish to let yourself be easily triggered and to be continually upset over someone’s comments that you have no control over.
It’s a bit :crazy:actually.
I'm trying to imagine how someone could be a long-time fan and yet also be completely indifferent to what M is saying or what has happened to M's career.

Maybe the casual fans would feel like that, or the ones that separated the man & the music a long time ago - but Solo isn't really full of them. To have no opinion at all seems a strange attitude for someone who is a big fan.

I don't think your passiveness comes from a place of tolerance. I think that you wonder "what is all the fuss about?" because you are not close to British politics and can't see why the FB stuff would make people angry, that's all.

Last edited:
It's incredibly freeing to allow people to have their own opinions without constantly judging them, the incessant handwringing sounds exhausting. Plus, it give me time for useless stuff like Wordle.

I'm trying to imagine how someone could be a long-time fan and yet also be completely indifferent to what he's saying or what has happened to M's career. Maybe the casual fans would feel like that, or the ones that separated the man & the music a long time ago - but Solo isn't really full of them. Strange attitude to have.

Easier said then done. But to know peace, is a choice we make.

Baldwin did say what Morrissey said - he was very aware of being part of a social group with strong bonds & a shared experience. He wasn't denying that by fighting oppression.

And Morrissey isn't anti-immigration - the NME's 2007 article about immigration was a rehash of the disgusting article they wrote in 1992. He has never called for a limit on immigration or given it as a reason for supporting any politician.

This is him during & after his For Britain phase:

I despise racism.
I despise fascism.
I would do anything for my Muslim friends and I know
they would do anything for me.
... the tyrannies of the MSM who will tell you that For Britain are racist or fascist - please believe me, they are the very opposite... This is my last political strike. No wish to upset anyone!

- Morrissey, April 2018

for every shade and persuasion … we shall always be alongside each other - everyone's culture of value; no more fashionable outrage; cows are friends to humans - don't kill them...
- Morrissey, May 2019

I am not an activist, I have never voted for a political party, I do not belong to any political party... I do not believe the most important thing about a person is the colour of their skin.
- Morrissey, June 2019

Saying something doesn't make it true. Donald Trump has said, "I am the least racist perosn there is anywhere in the world", but that doesn't make it true. Morrissey can say he isn't anti-immigration or that he doesn't belong to any political party, but, in the larger body of his total words and actions, he very much has pushed an anti-immigrant line and promoted For Britain.

As for the "disgusting" 1992 article, I disagree entirely with that description. It was actually quite a thoughtful article written by a black writer and musician who was trying to make sense of Morrissey's embrace of racist dog whistles at that time. He actually ends the piece this way, "For what it's worth, I don't think Morrissey is a racist. He just likes the trappings and the culture that surround the outsider element. He has some racist friends. And if he carries on this way, he'll have thousands more." Of course, he was right about the last bit, but after 30 years, the verdice is out on the first bit!

Finally, @Ketamine Sun you want me to give Moz the benefit of the doubt that he "may believe that a preference for one’s own race, is a social construct that divide us" and somehow actually believes that we are all brothers with no natural preference for our own race, but the bulk of his words and actions support a far different view. He promotes a world where all races and nationalities are fine as long as they stay in their own place!

Saying something doesn't make it true. Donald Trump has said, "I am the least racist perosn there is anywhere in the world", but that doesn't make it true. Morrissey can say he isn't anti-immigration or that he doesn't belong to any political party, but, in the larger body of his total words and actions, he very much has pushed an anti-immigrant line and promoted For Britain.

As for the "disgusting" 1992 article, I disagree entirely with that description. It was actually quite a thoughtful article written by a black writer and musician who was trying to make sense of Morrissey's embrace of racist dog whistles at that time. He actually ends the piece this way, "For what it's worth, I don't think Morrissey is a racist. He just likes the trappings and the culture that surround the outsider element. He has some racist friends. And if he carries on this way, he'll have thousands more." Of course, he was right about the last bit, but after 30 years, the verdice is out on the first bit!

Finally, @Ketamine Sun you want me to give Moz the benefit of the doubt that he "may believe that a preference for one’s own race, is a social construct that divide us" and somehow actually believes that we are all brothers with no natural preference for our own race, but the bulk of his words and actions support a far different view. He promotes a world where all races and nationalities are fine as long as they stay in their own place!

It was not thoughtful - it was a rip off of a documentary about gay skinheads & a complete fabrication.

The 1992 article & the 2007 rehash were homophobic to the core - utter bullshit & I find it revolting that you would spread these lies.

You're more like Trump.

It was not thoughtful - it was a rip off of a documentary about gay skinheads & a complete fabrication.

The 1992 article & the 2007 rehash were homophobic to the core - utter bullshit & I find it revolting that you would spread these lies.

You're more like Trump.
Are we talking about the same article?! Can you share the homophobic content from the 1992 article you are referring to?

Are we talking about the same article?! Can you share the homophobic content from the 1992 article you are referring to?

Compare & contrast.

It was a dig at his sexuality. There was nothing racist at Finsbury at all. They wanted to goad him into an interview. And would have spiked the story if he 'explained his interest in skinheads' - which they assumed was sexual.

Dr Dinesh Bhugra, a psychologist at the Institute of Psychiatry, speaking on Skin Complex, the Channel 4 programme to be screened on Wednesday, argues that gay men adopting the skinhead image is not surprising. In a society that is producing a tremendous amount of homophobia, you have to try and protect yourself by whichever means you can and if, in order to do it, it means you are identifying with the oppressor then people will do that in order to survive. (Independent, 26th July 1992)

Let’s not forget that the adolescent Morrissey used to be chased through the streets of Manchester at night by leering beer-boys, some of whom may have held NF sympathies, simply for being ‘different’. And he definitely spent a lot of time in Whalley Range, a multi-racial area. Is he now identifying with his former oppressors? Has he changed from the persecuted to the persecutor? Or, is he fascinated by the idea of racism, by the look of violent skinheads, to the extent of being oppressed so much he falls in love with his oppressors? (NME, August 1992)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom