We all knew his take on immigration - so why the hate now?

Morrissey
Bengali, Bengali
Bengali, Bengali
No no no
He does not want to depress you
Oh no no no no no
He only wants to impress you
Oh...
Bengali in platforms
He only wants to embrace your culture
And to be your friend forever
Forever
Bengali, Bengali
Bengali, Bengali
Oh, shelve your Western plans
And understand
That life is hard enough when you belong here
A silver-studded rim that glistens
And an ankle-star that...blinds me
A lemon sole so very high
Which only reminds me; to tell you
Break the news gently
Break the news to him gently
"Shelve your plans; shelve your plans, shelve them"

Opines?
Bengali, Bengali
It's the touchy march of time that binds you
Don't blame me
Don't hate me
Just because I'm the one to tell you
That life is hard enough when you belong here
That life…

Oh you simple fool.

There is an emphasis on the word belong, as if in quotation marks. There is a chasm between singing lovingly about immigration, and the practical realities, to backing For Britain, or sympathising with that c*** Robinson.

He also penned Asian Rut. A sad lament influenced by a real event that occurred in Manchester when a young Asian man was stabbed to death.

Yes. You are an Idiot. This place is full of them right now.

People have been referring to certain Morrissey songs as proof of his racism for decades now. They seem to think that using words such as Bengali or Asian in a song title, means you hate everyone who’s not white, without bothering to look at the lyrical content of the song itself.

Bengali In Platforms is not racist. Morrrissey paints a picture of a Bengali desperate to fit in, & being the eternal outsider that Moz himself is, tells him that “life is hard enough when you belong here”. There’s an interview where Morrissey elaborates, saying that if you or I were to move to Yugoslavia (for example) we’d find that we don’t fit in. As a white British man who did in fact live in Serbia/former Yugoslavia, I know this to be true.

Asian Rut, again, is not a racist song. In fact, it’s quite the opposite, telling the tale of an Asian boy trying to avenge the killing of his best friend: “oh, English boys, it must be wrong, three against one?” Oooh! Look at Morrissey the horrible hater of all brown people!

I don’t believe that Morrissey is racist. He is simply wanting to protect the culture & identity of his homeland. Many years of mass immigration has clearly caused very real issues in the U.K, but let’s silence anyone who dares mention this.

I salute Morrissey for not being silenced. It’s actuslly the huge backlash against him that is distasteful & full of hatred.

Rightly or wrongly, the thought of too many people on this small island having to make do with limited housing and resources, makes me anxious. I also worry about my homeland changing into something I no longer recognise or can feel part of. I know how I feel and I don't want other people decrying my worries as irrelevant. That's a form of bullying. I don't think anyone chooses to pick on immigrants, for most people like myself it's just an intuitive unease. By the way, you can be racist but not discriminatory, which many people conveniently overlook.

People have been referring to certain Morrissey songs as proof of his racism for decades now. They seem to think that using words such as Bengali or Asian in a song title, means you hate everyone who’s not white, without bothering to look at the lyrical content of the song itself.

Bengali In Platforms is not racist. Morrrissey paints a picture of a Bengali desperate to fit in, & being the eternal outsider that Moz himself is, tells him that “life is hard enough when you belong here”. There’s an interview where Morrissey elaborates, saying that if you or I were to move to Yugoslavia (for example) we’d find that we don’t fit in. As a white British man who did in fact live in Serbia/former Yugoslavia, I know this to be true.

Asian Rut, again, is not a racist song. In fact, it’s quite the opposite, telling the tale of an Asian boy trying to avenge the killing of his best friend: “oh, English boys, it must be wrong, three against one?” Oooh! Look at Morrissey the horrible hater of all brown people!

I don’t believe that Morrissey is racist. He is simply wanting to protect the culture & identity of his homeland. Many years of mass immigration has clearly caused very real issues in the U.K, but let’s silence anyone who dares mention this.

I salute Morrissey for not being silenced. It’s actuslly the huge backlash against him that is distasteful & full of hatred.

I agree that 'Bengali' is not racist. That doesn't mean that Morrissey isn't racist now.

Robinson is NOT A RACIST!! View and consume dude >

I hope (not racism) EXPLAINS A FEW THINGS you mugs!!

I have followed him longer before most people out there simply because the town I used to live in, Eskilstuna, is the twin town of Luton so we've had quite a lot of visitors from there and there's been various projects going on and that.
I remember when Luton Town football club played in the top flight in the 80's and they featured quite heavily on tv here on the Saturdays. The bearing company SKF from Sweden of course sponsored Luton and the Luton Town message board showing the score in the game used to show messages saying hello to swedish fans of Luton during the live games.

Luton had their pre season in Strängnäs around 1986 or 1987 when me and my finnish mate Kimmo went there and met the players including the very tall Mick Harford who was very nice to us and ex-Man United player Ashley Grimes who I could tell didn't want to talk about United much cause he had to leave the club which he never quite got over. Mick scored 4-5 goals in one game live over here against Oxford and when I mentioned it he smiled from ear to ear talking about it as he signed his auto.

So Luton and Tommy are things I have had my eyes on over the years and I bet Tommy is gutted to miss out on going to the Luton Town games should he remain locked up for a long time. I actually believe he is a very nice guy and I am not surprised he ended up like this cause a totalitarian state like UK is now will of course put people in prison to frighten off other people from voicing their views.

I would never have thought a place like that could have become like this so fast but it only shows how fast you can from demoracy to something else but restoring democracy might take forever and I believe once you leave democracy behind it never returns so the people all for him being locked up will probably have second thoughts in a near future.

In life planning and preperation and assessment are a positive thing. Immigration needs to be planned properly. The NHS and care sector necessarily employs many iimmigrants and would collapse in London for example without the mampower and skills. Its the leaders that are to blame when things are not planned and enforced carefully. I dont feel it's the immigrants - at least not the legal ones fault. In fact they often struggle in the same way the poorer working British born population do so they share similar hardships and uncertainty. It's the people in powers fault when its not planned properly not the immigrants fault..

You f***ing troll. People shouldn't even bother to respond to your stupid question (in all CAPS nonetheless, troll), but I am sure that the responses will add fuel to your trollbait.. And what a f***ing stupid username; I bet you took several days to come up with that gem. Tommy Robinson's Quiff? Pffft. f***ing muppet.

In life planning and preperation and assessment are a positive thing. Immigration needs to be planned properly. The NHS and care sector necessarily employs many iimmigrants and would collapse in London for example without the mampower and skills. Its the leaders that are to blame when things are not planned and enforced carefully. I dont feel it's the immigrants - at least not the legal ones fault. In fact they often struggle in the same way the poorer working British born population do so they share similar hardships and uncertainty. It's the people in powers fault when its not planned properly not the immigrants fault..

Stephen Yaxley Lennon AGREE's with you and OUR MOZ!!

Us Irish immigrants mostly became part of the quo, hating Thatcher, but became 'English' and now are more English than the English. We saw it coming!!

I lived in Ireland for a few years, it's the most racist place I've ever been to. You should have left the f***er there, you, Morrissey, the idiot from BNP or whatever it is.

Should have left it over there.

This is a ludicrous question.

It's a perfectly reasonable question. As we get older, the world becomes stranger as it becomes a world for younger people and their concerns. It's scarcely a radical notion.

Back
Top Bottom