Waterbury, CT - Palace Theater (Oct. 6, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

You Have Killed Me / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / Spring-Heeled Jim / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / People Are The Same Everywhere / Fantastic Bird / Meat Is Murder / To Give (The Reason I Live) / A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours / Speedway / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / I'm OK By Myself // Still Ill

set list provided by Robert / Facebook

• Photos by Bradford Photography on Facebook (50 total). Link posted by MORRIZSEY

waterbury.jpg
  • Morrissey Owned The Stage At Waterbury’s Palace Theater by Nick Caito (15 photos) - Hartford Courant. Link posted by an anonymous person
  • Waterbury, Connecticut 2012-10-06 (Morrissey concert) - Morrissey-solo Wiki

Last edited:
I guess I am reaching the end of my show-attending days when my first reaction to the set list is disappointment which diminishes my excitement to see him in a few weeks.

Sounds like you're going to a So Low stalwart for many years to come though (sadly).

Any notable quotes?

Yes. Opening the show he sets the mood with "I ask nothing from life; only that someone listens". And near the end of the show "I'm an instrument. For God's sake somebody use me!"

My first time seeing him and had a fantastically time.. Very glad he stopped by my hometown and that the concert goers were impressed by our gem of a theater.

Official newspaper review found at www.courantblogs.com/sound-check/morrissey-owned-the-stage-at-waterburys-palace-theater/#2334

Sad son,

Jesse Tobias is clearly just as ponderous as ever on guitar.

We'll let you know.

and this....magical as always ! (If anyone else has clips of the encore rush...would love to see it!)

Also here to mention.... He recited " The Chief Defect of Henry King was chewing little bits of string." from 'Henry King' by Hilaire Belloc. Durring the break of 'Speedway'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will someone please post a damn video of Fantastic Bird? Thank you, in advance.

Fantastic show..Lots of energy up infront a dozen or more people made it on stage..1 shirt throw into crowd. band was tight and Morrissey sounded better than ever.. A great night !

It's due to this "band" that he can't get a deal.....did they butcher any smiths songs tonight?

"Fantastic Bird"= An insufferable mish-mash of noise.

Then again, with this band, most everything is.

A funny side note...one of the tour buses was playing the old Batman TV series on all monitors inside it before the start of the show.

That might explain the Adam West - Burt Ward backdrop displayed infrequently throughout the show.

(Perhaps Mozzer is a Mod!)

Oh come on !!! Fantastic bird wtf ? Sounds like it was written on the tour bus on the way to the gig.
Poorer than his normal poor that one.
If you want a record contract you've gotta prove your worthy and running around touring at 170mph is NOT impressing anybody is it.
Its looking like "Wilderness" time again folks.

"Fantastic Bird"= An insufferable mish-mash of noise.

Then again, with this band, most everything is.

Agreed, and exactly why I won't spend my money to see him anymore. Moz has still got it vocally, but his ear for what is acceptable musicianship is unacceptable. Half-heartedly learning the proper parts to tunes, solo or Smiths material (particularly from Jesse), and it's obvious it's nothing but a job to any of them. Can't say I blame them so much though.

Singularly, Jesse Tobias is the worst thing to happen to Morrissey's music.....ever.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom