Waterbury, CT - Palace Theater (Oct. 6, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

You Have Killed Me / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / Spring-Heeled Jim / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / People Are The Same Everywhere / Fantastic Bird / Meat Is Murder / To Give (The Reason I Live) / A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours / Speedway / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / I'm OK By Myself // Still Ill

set list provided by Robert / Facebook

• Photos by Bradford Photography on Facebook (50 total). Link posted by MORRIZSEY

waterbury.jpg
  • Morrissey Owned The Stage At Waterbury’s Palace Theater by Nick Caito (15 photos) - Hartford Courant. Link posted by an anonymous person
  • Waterbury, Connecticut 2012-10-06 (Morrissey concert) - Morrissey-solo Wiki

Last edited:
Fantastic show..Lots of energy up infront a dozen or more people made it on stage..1 shirt throw into crowd. band was tight and Morrissey sounded better than ever.. A great night !

I was at Boston last night, and Waterbury tonight and the crowd, for the most part, was much better tonight. Great show, top form, ,many set list changes from last night (sorry. will need to wait for someone who wrote them all down), including Still Ill as an encore. Moz's own bouncers got pretty heavy handed with the onslaught of stage invaders at the end (uploading vid to youtube now, will post link later). Much more talkative tonight, very humble and appreciative thanks, comments about all the "wings" restaurants on the drive in ("Do people really eat wings?"). Band's shirts said "BASH".

Hi friends, I felt compelled to share a few thoughts.

Morrissey's voice seems stronger than when I saw him on his last tour. Strong, crisp, and never pitchy. He seemed a little reserved but otherwise in fine form. I give the band credit for playing to their strengths, but my main criticism is that they have three modes: loud, louder, and silent. Would be nice to have some more dynamics and space for Morrissey's voice in the mix.

The set list was what it's been for years, a mix of new and old and very idiosyncratic. With such a strong catalogue it's hard to justify some of the choices, but I'm just grateful he's still touring and making such wonderful music. The "Still Ill" encore was probably the highlight. "Every Day is Like Sunday" another.

The Palace theater is a wonderful venue. Beautiful room, easy access to bar and bathrooms, friendly staff. Knowing the show wasn't sold out, I was pleasantly surprised by the crowd, despite the guy behind me who was a complete idiot.

The band did a few interesting things with the arrangements. Boz played the solo on "Shoplifters" an octave below the actual part. That bugged me. The new drummer seems tight but not quite as powerful.

All for now. Good night folks.
Ravi Marr :guitar:

From mammaof3 @ All You Need Is Morrissey (http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/single/?p=697397&t=4952409)

Found on facebook:

Waterbury 06/10/2012

You have killed me
Youngest was the most loved
Your the one for me fatty
Shoplifters of the world unite
Everyday is like Sunday
Ouija board Ouija board
Maladjusted
Spring heeled Jim
I'm throwing my arms round Paris
People are the same everywhere
Fantastic Bird
Meat is Murder
To give is the reason I live
A Rush and a push
Speedway
I know it's over
Let me Kiss you
One day goodbye will be farewell
I'm okay by myself

Still Ill

Last edited:
This was the first time I have seen Morrissey. The band was very good, and the crowd was great, but the whole "adoring fans leaping on stage" during the encore seemed entirely contrived, and a little pathetic and self indulgent. Maybe I am missing something?

I miss Matt's power and dynamic - new drummer is ok but not great.
Moz was in good form.
Nice venue

It's the 5th time I see him live and I think this one was the best, his voice sounded great, didn't talk much but he did comment about Waterbury chicken wings, wings, wings... couple of songs later, the carnivore, over weight audience of Waterbury had to swallow the Peta video during Meat is Murder.
Highlights of the night in my opinion, I know it's over, Maladjusted and Still ill. It worth the trip from NYC.

@mistermarr ... When you say Boz played the solo in shoplifters do you mean the rhythm part? I've never seen him play the lead.

I'm liking the set list for the most part. Can't wait for porthole.

@mistermarr ... When you say Boz played the solo in shoplifters do you mean the rhythm part? I've never seen him play the lead.

I've never seen anyone but Boz play the solo on 'Shoplifters'...

Except this guy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!!! Whomever chose this venue for tonight (and I'm guessing it was Moz) knew exactly what they were doing. This was the best I've seen him in a long time. He sounded phenomenal, the band was great, he looked great, and the energy from the band, the crowd, and the venue as a whole was palpable. Hopefully every venue he plays on this tour is as great as the Palace here in CT. Viva Moz!!!

First performance of The Youngest Was The Most Loved since when, 2007 maybe? Nice little Ringleader 2 pack at the start.

Last edited:
A funny side note...one of the tour buses was playing the old Batman TV series on all monitors inside it before the start of the show.

I guess I am reaching the end of my show-attending days when my first reaction to the set list is disappointment which diminishes my excitement to see him in a few weeks. I cannot understand why People Are The Same Everywhere continues to trump Action Is My Middle Name. Neither is an undying classic, but the latter is clearly superior. And some of the Smiths songs need to be retired. How Soon Is Now has become a colossal bore to sit through live.

(And VH is right: Boz alone has always handled the solo for Shoplifters in the solo years.)

Last edited:
Waterbury, CT show was great last night- worth the 2.5 hour drive. The Palace Theater is a much better venue than Boston's Wang Theater and Moz sounded excellent- you could actually make out the words....he really gave his all. Rest of band seemed to be a bit distant...but then again, it is all about Morrissey. Enjoyed his Wings, Wings, Wings comment, could not agree more. Set list was solid...but of course everyone has personal favs, so many songs I wish he played, but sadly did not...Boy Racer? Was happy to hear him again....everyone I was with thought he was in great form.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom