Morrissey Central "Water And Power" (August 4, 2022)

"Cause he's Irish"
Funny he was born and raised in England, he has spent most of his life in England.
He calls himself English

Yet this guy calls him Irish

I think Mexicans think they are like the Irish, there are parallels..

But in spite of what the UK and Ireland think they have been interlinked for 100s and thousands of years- well their countries have. The UK itself was formed in 1707

But England, Ireland , Scotland and Wales have been mixing for over a thousand years

When you consider that and consider M was born in England..i think apart from some ways that were handed down he is way more English than Irish + the actual Irish co consider him q plastic paddy

America , as formed by white Europeans was only founded in 1776

The customs of the white Americabs and Native Americans and Mexicans were very different , as was skin colour of course.

A Mexican coming to USA
Is nothing like an Irish person coming to UK.

Not having a go at Mexicans it's a beautiful country

Last edited:
Oh my clenched-teeth murmurs. I haven't a clue about that they're saying.

I think the parallels are stronger than you suggest.
Those from Mexico and Ireland have a flare for the colourful and the dramatic to contrast with the otherwise slightly uptight WASP culture that is their neighbour. Both are often accused of being lazy or being the bringers of crime and disorder. Mexico was defeated by the USA on several occasions. I imagine the average Mexican has a similar attitude towards the stronger neighbour that defeated them over the centuries as the Irish do to the English. And there is Catholicism, of course. I know religion is a lot less important than it used to be, but it is still a big part of Irish culture and Mexican culture. Add to that the feeling in both Ireland and Mexico that their experience of colonialism virtually wiped out something very ancient and pagan, with its own language and religion, the vestiges of which are only remembered in folklore and various prehistoric sites.

if suedehead came on over their car radio they were going to start making out for sure

Can anyone say what these two guys said about Morrissey? To make it more fun, to say because they name Morrissey please:unsure::unsure:

"Cause he's Irish"
Funny he was born and raised in England, he has spent most of his life in England.
He calls himself English

Yet this guy calls him Irish

I think Mexicans think they are like the Irish, there are parallels..

But in spite of what the UK and Ireland think they have been interlinked for 100s and thousands of years- well their countries have. The UK itself was formed in 1707

But England, Ireland , Scotland and Wales have been mixing for over a thousand years

When you consider that and consider M was born in England..i think apart from some ways that were handed down he is way more English than Irish + the actual Irish co consider him q plastic paddy

America , as formed by white Europeans was only founded in 1776

The customs of the white Americabs and Native Americans and Mexicans were very different , as was skin colour of course.

A Mexican coming to USA
Is nothing like an Irish person coming to UK.

Not having a go at Mexicans it's a beautiful country
I'm Irish and consider Moz to be way more English than Irish. He has Irish roots and hasn't forgotten them and grew up in that Irish support system in Manchester. But his formative years were in England. But surely Moz is more global now - having lived in Manchester, London, Dublin, L.A., Rome, Switzerland, not to mention the countless days & nights on tour across the world. I think it's more important how Moz sees himself, not how we decide what nationality he is. I would say that the Manc culture/outlook is closer to Irish than English. I say that having been to Manc and having Manc friends here in Ireland who would consider themselves Irish Blood, English Heart. However, if you asked me if Moz is English or Irish I'd have to say English. Most of the best music in the world (ever) came from England, in my exalted opinion.

Joy Div, The Smiths, Moz, The The, Siouxsie, New Order, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Suede, Echobelly, Blancmange, Gary Numan, The Beatles, The Stone Roses, Oasis, Bowie, etc. US has some great artists too of course but England (considering its size) produced genre defining/breaking music.

Can anyone say what these two guys said about Morrissey? To make it more fun, to say because they name Morrissey please

Dijeron que Morrissey nació en Los Ángeles, juega baloncesto, y está casado con Nancy Sinatra, quien hace una maravillosa salsa marinara.

How kind! Very boring like that.....!!!!! Always the same Boludeces!!!! change scriptwriter, the stupidity of c are nancy and etc bores
Dijo que Morrissey nació en Los Ángeles, juega baloncesto, y está casado con Nancy Sinatra, quien hace una maravillosa salsa marinara.

This is maybe the most embarrassing post on Morrissey central. Of course the "stars wearing a Smiths shirt" is equally bad. What on earth is the reason for this?

I'm Irish and consider Moz to be way more English than Irish. He has Irish roots and hasn't forgotten them and grew up in that Irish support system in Manchester. But his formative years were in England. But surely Moz is more global now - having lived in Manchester, London, Dublin, L.A., Rome, Switzerland, not to mention the countless days & nights on tour across the world. I think it's more important how Moz sees himself, not how we decide what nationality he is. I would say that the Manc culture/outlook is closer to Irish than English. I say that having been to Manc and having Manc friends here in Ireland who would consider themselves Irish Blood, English Heart. However, if you asked me if Moz is English or Irish I'd have to say English. Most of the best music in the world (ever) came from England, in my exalted opinion.

Joy Div, The Smiths, Moz, The The, Siouxsie, New Order, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Suede, Echobelly, Blancmange, Gary Numan, The Beatles, The Stone Roses, Oasis, Bowie, etc. US has some great artists too of course but England (considering its size) produced genre defining/breaking music.
no Sex Pistols or The Clash in your list there?🤔

blancmange??

Led Zeppelin, Happy Mondays, The Verve, Primal Scream, 808 State, Bauhaus, The Jam, Pet Shop Boys, Pink Floyd...

no Sex Pistols or The Clash in your list there?🤔

blancmange??
I'd rate Blancmange more than The Clash fake consumer punk. Sex Pistols were great though, as were The Jam.
Blancmange recent albums like Wanderlust and Unfurnished Rooms are excellent (I think anyway) as are most of Neil Arthur's output/collaborations, for example the Late For Sum EP.

So how long until this post is claimed to be right-wing propaganda? (They are cops, after all!)

So how long until this post is claimed to be right-wing propaganda? (They are cops, after all!)
Depends whenever Uncleskinny or Malarky turns up, LOL

"Un día de estos, estas botas te van a caminar por encima."
I don't know what you're saying about boots, it sounds very authoritative to me. No one overlooks me, I assure you. I'm just telling the truth, which always hurts when there is criticism. Truth reeks of boredom when they write that way and when there are bad vibes and they respond that way(n)

I'm Irish and consider Moz to be way more English than Irish. He has Irish roots and hasn't forgotten them and grew up in that Irish support system in Manchester. But his formative years were in England. But surely Moz is more global now - having lived in Manchester, London, Dublin, L.A., Rome, Switzerland, not to mention the countless days & nights on tour across the world. I think it's more important how Moz sees himself, not how we decide what nationality he is. I would say that the Manc culture/outlook is closer to Irish than English. I say that having been to Manc and having Manc friends here in Ireland who would consider themselves Irish Blood, English Heart. However, if you asked me if Moz is English or Irish I'd have to say English.

Most of the best music in the world (ever) came from England, in my exalted opinion.

But it was the Dolls that inspired McKlaren and kids in NYC to start Punk, and punk was the reason most of the bands on your list were started. And The Beatles and Stones, etc were started because of American blues and early rock n roll, more or less.

USA! USA! :rock:;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom