Washington Music Theater, Seattle, WA - cancelled

Discussion in 'Tour' started by Famous when dead, Oct 1, 2019.

By Famous when dead on Oct 1, 2019 at 8:18 PM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

⚠️ SHOW CANCELLATION ⚠️

Due to circumstances beyond our control, Morrissey will not be able to perform tonight’s concert scheduled in Seattle, Washington.

Refunds will come from point of purchase. The Morrissey /Interpol tour will resume as scheduled in San Francisco on Thursday.

Their website:
    http://www.washingtonmusictheater.com/event/morrissey-2019/

Regards,
    FWD.

• Informative Informative x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour' started by Famous when dead, Oct 1, 2019.

1. jhells
      jhells
      He likely cancelled Seattle because of ticket sales. Wamu theater was showing a price drop on tickets the night before he cancelled. I think he picked too big a venue in Wamu theater also...
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Thanks for some genuine input, moekay, from someone who has actually experienced venue security, rather than speculators who never got out of their chair. Much appreciated, & well said!
      • Like Like x 2
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Some people would sell their mothers for the right price. Disgraceful upon disgrace.
      • Troll Troll x 1
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It would be on a t-shirt and on sale faster than a rat up a drain pipe.
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    5. Harsh Truth
      Harsh Truth
      So what's your point, then? Security "messed up big time" by letting one sign in, but the exact same sign with different words would be just fine?

So, security's job is to protect delicate Morrissey's feelings?
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Hmmm, you're getting closer...go & have some 'think' time & see if you can come up with the right answer to the following question: what's the purpose of venue security?
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I suggest every Vancouver concert goer bring a sign that says “I am Spartacus, Bigmouth!”, and then see what happens. Solidarity!
    8. drag me down
      drag me down
      I think this is the first time in a long time where Morrissey's anger has been real rather than contrived. It was a chink, but a welcome one. There was no way he could have allowed that to go on though, at his gig. Put yourself in his place. Maybe he went over the top, but it was funny. He wasn't to know whether there was a whole swathe of protesters in there that could have resulted in a riot.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
    9. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      Has a riot happened before at a Morrissey gig? I may be wrong, but the closest to a riot I can remember is when he flounced off after one song at Liverpool after a vicious assault by a bottle of water.
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      UCLA 1991.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Harsh Truth
      Harsh Truth
      Pretty sure most would concur that venue security is responsible for the physical security of the performers, audience, and facility.
    12. buzburbank
      buzburbank
      Interpol, geniuses as they are, have been booking headlining gigs throughout the Morrissey tour. Caught them in OKC and they were incredible. Textbook smart management and good planning for bands connected to M.
    13. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun

Good feelings are well being, and if he’s feeling good then it’ll be a great show for everyone. Can’t argue with that, right?

So, yes, security has a hand to play in the success of a show.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. MattyBoy
      MattyBoy
      Thanks, I am hoping for the best too. Will be at the Irvine show, also considering going to the Hollywood Bowl show as it's a closer for the tour. Will see how things pan out before committing.
    15. ACTON
      ACTON
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      This protester protested effectively. Morrissey proved himself to be the intolerant bully we have sadly come to know. This was not a riot or the beginnings of a riot. I guess the dramatists in here need to feel that Morrissey was in peril from 2 placards!? How fragile he must be? Are Morrissey fans now silenced when they disagree with him? Yes, they are! This is another mis-step for Morrissey. It wasn't funny and it wasn't kind. He holds and promotes his political views to his fans. Fans, if they disagree, can and may voice their disapproval of those views - just as many UK fans have done by boycotting UK shows.

A man who would attempt to turn his fans on someone he is pissed off with - dangerous, but unfortunately, not unexpected. Agrression is not a good look for anyone.
      • Troll Troll x 4
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Strange that the rampant overuse of emojis is never criticized in the same fashion around here.

...or is it really so strange?

Fucking twat.
      • Troll Troll x 1
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      So, who was protecting the protester as Morrissey began his chant of incitement?
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      She should've thought about before she went 'protesting', n'est ce pas, pierre?
      She put herself in that position.
      Fail to plan;plan to fail. Idiot.
    20. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Warp factor 1
      • Off-topic Off-topic x 1