Washington, DC - Echostage (June 17, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Will Never Marry / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / Now My Heart Is Full / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat Is Murder / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by setlist.fm (order not 100%), link posted by ThievesLikeUs. Corrections by Chip, modrevolve, darby1974.

Last edited:
Was he cross-eyed with a horribly receding hairline, yet still sporting a quiff that starts clear back at the 40 yard line?

You say this type of stuff but probably say people only like <some pop singer> because she's pretty.

If it's about the music, who cares what his hair looks like.

If it's about the looks.. then you're right.. he doesn't look like he did 20 years ago.

For me, it's about the music and this is an excellent setlist and I wish I was at that show.

What's it about for you?
If it's not the songs he sings or the way he looks, why haven't you moved on to something else?

You say this type of stuff but probably say people only like <some pop singer> because she's pretty.

If it's about the looks.. then you're right.. he doesn't look like he did 20 years ago.

For me, it's about the music and this is an excellent setlist and I wish I was at that show.

What's it about for you?
If it's not the songs he sings or the way he looks, why haven't you moved on to something else?

I was referring to the guy in the 'Johnny f***ing Marr' shirt.

What's it about for you?

He was meaning the guy in the Johnny Marr t-shirt not Morrissey.

It took some mental motivation for me to make the trip from Baltimore to DC for the show. Not because it's a long distance, but because I had read some pretty bad things about the venue: horrible neighborhood, bad sound system, crappy stage presence, impossible parking, etc.. I booked my parking through an online service, but changed my mind about where I wanted to park once I got there and it was solved within minutes. True, it was located in a sort of small industrial park surrounded by a not-so-great neighborhood, but once in it wasn't as horrible as I had been led to believe. This place must have had the tidiest restrooms for a venue of this type that I had ever been in... big and clean. Yes, it is probably better suited for being a dance club (the floor is flat and the stage is not as raised as it should be), but if you get there early, that is solved. There was a wide age group of people. It seemed almost full or sold out to me, but I was near the front and could not tell how far the crowd went back. Everyone seemed really into the show and emotional about being there. Morrissey was expressive as he sang and this gave the songs more presence. The videos playing on the backdrop were a bit distracting, but easily ignored. Overall, I liked the set list. For me 'Will Never Marry' was a highlight, but I missed not hearing 'I'm Not a Man'. Also, I think I remember seeing/hearing 'Girlfriend In A Coma' on the European leg of the tour. That would have been nice to see live; it was the first Smiths song I ever heard. Seeing Morrissey 'take over' the keyboard as Gustavo took over vocals was quite entertaining. I'm so happy that I went. Grats to all that were there and got to see a great show.

It took some mental motivation for me to make the trip from Baltimore to DC for the show. Not because it's a long distance, but because I had read some pretty bad things about the venue: horrible neighborhood, bad sound system, crappy stage presence, impossible parking, etc.. I booked my parking through an online service, but changed my mind about where I wanted to park once I got there and it was solved within minutes. True, it was located in a sort of small industrial park surrounded by a not-so-great neighborhood, but once in it wasn't as horrible as I had been led to believe. This place must have had the tidiest restrooms for a venue of this type that I had ever been in... big and clean. Yes, it is probably better suited for being a dance club (the floor is flat and the stage is not as raised as it should be), but if you get there early, that is solved. There was a wide age group of people. It seemed almost full or sold out to me, but I was near the front and could not tell how far the crowd went back. Everyone seemed really into the show and emotional about being there. Morrissey was expressive as he sang and this gave the songs more presence. The videos playing on the backdrop were a bit distracting, but easily ignored. Overall, I liked the set list. For me 'Will Never Marry' was a highlight, but I missed not hearing 'I'm Not a Man'. Also, I think I remember seeing/hearing 'Girlfriend In A Coma' on the European leg of the tour. That would have been nice to see live; it was the first Smiths song I ever heard. Seeing Morrissey 'take over' the keyboard as Gustavo took over vocals was quite entertaining. I'm so happy that I went. Grats to all that were there and got to see a great show.

neat. what part of baltimore do you live in. im a resident myself

I've seen Morrissey about 25 times over the past 20 years. He sounded good tonight. Excellent band; nice rendition of Now My Heart is Full. That said, in the future I'll only go see him if it's someplace like a festival or Las Vegas or near a university. This crowd was beyond old. I felt like I was in line at the bank. 「QUOTE]

What's with this ageist crap you lunkhead? Do you want to do a Logan's Run and ban everybody over 30 from future Morrissey concerts? Why don't you go nightclubbing and hang out with the young posse. They'll probably say hey gramps - P.U.S.H.O.F.F!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have lived in a couple of places in the Baltimore area since I moved to Maryland about 16 years ago. Currently, home is a small area in the city called Lauraville.

cool, i just moved from the city, station north, to the burbs in parkville, its all very boring but at least quiet. im originally from the eastern shore of maryland aka the redneck boonie part. interesting to see another somewhat local person

Hilarious ad-libbed line of the night was in Suedehead:

"It was just to see, just to see
all the things you knew I'd written about you.
Oh so many ...-BLANK PAGES!" (instead of: so many illustrations)

Best instrumentation (acoustics aplenty, didigeroo, piano, synth, percussion) I've seen behind him. NMHIFull, TWIFoCBores, Istanbul, Suedehead, EDILSunday, Scandinavia, WSSaid/RubberRing outro and a few others were resplendent and amazing. Voice in fine form. Great show.

Sure, would've loved 1-2 more Smith songs, but he used to not play any the 3 times I saw him in the 1990's, and he's touring behind perhaps his most masterful record since Vauxhall.

cool, i just moved from the city, station north, to the burbs in parkville, its all very boring but at least quiet. im originally from the eastern shore of maryland aka the redneck boonie part. interesting to see another somewhat local person
I know Parkville well. I used to own a home there and still have friends with whom I used to be neighbors. Anyway, have a good one.

that echostage is like a small club! is he down to the point where not only is he playing small clubs but that he cant even sell them out.
maybe he should consider going light on the stupid videos and lighter on the bashing of entire populations. just saying.

This was my first general admission Morrissey show, and I'm still a bit buzzed about it. I didn't know they'd changed up the arrangement of First of the Gang to something sort of... Mariachi? I'm no expert, but it sounded something like that to me. I really hope they get a good recording of it during the tour and release it as a b-side somewhere. It sounded great!

Also, Now My Heart Is Full was INCREDIBLE. Like most here I love that song, but I've always thought the version on Vauxhall is a little meek-sounding. The current live version has some real backbone and fullness. It was majestic.

It holds 3500 people..This isn't 1991 anymore when he was selling out MSG in hours.
that echostage is like a small club! is he down to the point where not only is he playing small clubs but that he cant even sell them out.
maybe he should consider going light on the stupid videos and lighter on the bashing of entire populations. just saying.

You mean suddenly transform into Elton John in order to play huge stadiums...? Get f***ing real.

It holds 3500 people..This isn't 1991 anymore when he was selling out MSG in hours.

Yep !

Crap songs
Crap band
Crap record deals
Crap treatment of the audience
Crap morals
Crap interviews
Crap management
Crap publicity
Crap videos
Crap punctuality
Crap social media
Crap web 'zine'
Crap lies
Crap statements

It's all fallen at his ankles and he only has himself to blame, death is the only thing now to shift any units.
The guy is an absolute CrankFraud ! He's turned the other way now, to good for his own boots.
I wouldn't acknowledge him if he was stood at my side in the gents, in fact I'd push really hard to splatter him.

1959-20--
Here 'lies' Silly Steven
Poet, idiot and failure
The world just wouldn't listen
Oh yeh ! Meat is murder as well.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Sure, would've loved 1-2 more Smith songs, but he used to not play any the 3 times I saw him in the 1990's, and he's touring behind perhaps his most masterful record since Vauxhall.

He wasn't playing Smiths songs for 2 reasons: 1) establish himself as a worthy solo artist 2) the court case with Joyce & Rourke, once that was settled the back catalog returned

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom