Washington, DC - Echostage (June 17, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Will Never Marry / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / Now My Heart Is Full / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat Is Murder / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by setlist.fm (order not 100%), link posted by ThievesLikeUs. Corrections by Chip, modrevolve, darby1974.

Last edited:
What if some people feel like that about a show? Do they, now, have to fear to come to this side and share a 100 percent glorious and joyful review because they might be accused of being insincere? Great, really great.
did you understand what i meant? Of course they can write a very positiv review stating its their favourite show, but saying that about every show makes the word favourite show meaningless. I have liked every show i have seen of morrissey but i have had less liked and more liked shows of him. Although in general he always does great shows

9:30 Club ‏@930Club · 5 hours ago
And he's here!! #Morrissey #MorrisseyEcho
CHvlwHlUsAAER33.jpg

9:30 Club ‏@930Club · 4h4 hours ago
"Well... If it feels good, do it. That's my advice." #Morrissey #MorrisseyEcho
CHvrilaWIAIo80y.jpg

"SMILER" shirts?!

Is that backdrop a photo of Robbie Savage?

And one more thing to add, from what I could tell Morrissey does not use ear monitors??? Guy must be going deaf.

Well he has tinnitus, maybe thats the reason. Or he is turning to Beethoven. Oh i want to hug him and cuddle his little ears

Robbie savage?! :rofl: did not know Morrissey liked Leicester City

Last edited by a moderator:
I could nitpick about a lot of things last night, but overall I had a really great time.

From where I was standing the place was packed and full of people of all ages including a tall hipster with a man-bum who planted himself right in front of me 5 minutes before showtimes

The man sound strong, was in good spirits and played the longest I've ever seen him play.

Highlights for me were the Suedehead opener, Ganglord now with police brutality footage Now My Heart Is Full, Stairway complete with an awesome Gustavo flamenco like solo and Will Never Marry.

As far as the lack of youngsters at his shows, Moz isn't making music for teenagers anymore.

The crowd was pretty quiet. Not really into clapping even when Moz tried to get it started. DC is pretty jaded; we get so many shows.
Yeah, it was probably the lack of Smiths songs & concentration of World Peace cuts that kept the energy level low.
Also, weeknight...you can't really partake in adult beverages if you have to work a couple hours later.
Oh, and I had to get Security because someone passed out on the ground floor. Hope he's ok.

Thanks Stately. Without getting into the whole he picks his own set-list morass, it is puzzling how he doesn't put more effort into putting together more rocking songs back to back to get the crowd energized. Starting off slow, building to a crescendo then of course the mandatory MIM segment, and encore. He seems to enjoy more ballads during these recent shows. Maybe his tastes have shifted with age.

And yes, the difference between a Wednesday night crowd and a Saturday night crowd is light years apart. I have been lucky to be able see him on weekends when I went. Still my favorite concert was when I saw him at The House of Blues in Vegas. Standing crowds, singing and dancing. Your Echo Star venue would seem to promote that...a shame it wasn't more lively, but he is in good voice so that must have been nice.

^ I had never been to echostage before (but my wife and daughters had), it seemed like a more spread out 930 club. The floor was pretty vibrant but the balcony did look pretty weak. One thing that was funny was that the merch table was selling posters with the cancelled dates from last year. We tried to get a set list from the crew afterwards and they refused to give out any to anybody. And they had the typical fight for the thrown shirt.

We did pick up a conversation with some others when leaving about the meat is murder video and the general consensus was that if you grew up on a farm or in an agricultural setting, what you saw was no big deal. My grandfather used to take me to lifestock auctions when I was little and I can remember being scared to death of the shock stick things they used to drive the hogs down the pens. But then again, I was also scared to death as a kid of those blow up clown punching bags! I feel I can live morally right doing vegetarian a few days a week and the others I stick to organic cruelty free local products. I mean, if God didn't want us to eat meat why did he give us sharp teeth?

Me too! For some reasons clowns always freaked me out. My grandmother had a clown pillow in the room I would sleep in at her home and I would always put it somewhere I couldn't see it before going to bed.

The sharp teeth comment may lead to an eight paragraph retort by Brummie on the evolution of the human body to refute this observation, but I am with you. If eating loaves and fishes was good enough for Jesus, then it is good enough for me. (Even if I am Agnostic ;))

People, ages ago it might have been a must to have meat in there diet. But that ended ages ago..... Especially now with soy products in the markets. Only reason people eat meat is because they think it taste god or than the animals don't feel our think like us. But there is people, grown people with disabilitys that can't think that complexed, should we eat them. Animals feel pain just like us. Meat is murder, end of the story. A creature that lives, breaths and feels love and hatred is "human" to end end their lives robbing them from ever breathing again is murder.

But i belive in live and let live even more. So i still hang out with meateaters but i excuse myself to the bathroom for a while whilst the eat meat.

^ I had never been to echostage before (but my wife and daughters had), it seemed like a more spread out 930 club. The floor was pretty vibrant but the balcony did look pretty weak. One thing that was funny was that the merch table was selling posters with the cancelled dates from last year. We tried to get a set list from the crew afterwards and they refused to give out any to anybody. And they had the typical fight for the thrown shirt.

We did pick up a conversation with some others when leaving about the meat is murder video and the general consensus was that if you grew up on a farm or in an agricultural setting, what you saw was no big deal. My grandfather used to take me to lifestock auctions when I was little and I can remember being scared to death of the shock stick things they used to drive the hogs down the pens. But then again, I was also scared to death as a kid of those blow up clown punching bags! I feel I can live morally right doing vegetarian a few days a week and the others I stick to organic cruelty free local products. I mean, if God didn't want us to eat meat why did he give us sharp teeth?

its a place more for dance music so thats why im guessing the balcony isnt more. this my first real concert going alone and it wasnt all that bad an experience

I've seen Morrissey about 25 times over the past 20 years. He sounded good tonight. Excellent band; nice rendition of Now My Heart is Full. That said, in the future I'll only go see him if it's someplace like a festival or Las Vegas or near a university. This crowd was beyond old. I felt like I was in line at the bank. Also, I admire his willingness to sacrifice applause for his convictions, but Meat is Murder is a lame song. He's not afraid to perform new material over more popular material, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather see a an actual bullfighter die than miss out on Irish Heart or Still Ill to hear some of the more recent stuff. All in all a pleasant evening though. I'll see him again, just only under the right circumstances.

If you've been seeing him for 20 years you're not that young yourself. I'd rather see older people than the ~8year old that was on someone's shoulders.

Me too! For some reasons clowns always freaked me out. My grandmother had a clown pillow in the room I would sleep in at her home and I would always put it somewhere I couldn't see it before going to bed.

The sharp teeth comment may lead to an eight paragraph retort by Brummie on the evolution of the human body to refute this observation, but I am with you. If eating loaves and fishes was good enough for Jesus, then it is good enough for me. (Even if I am Agnostic ;))

clowns are like symbols of madness and irrationality which scared me as a child and still sorta creeps me out. that feeling is what also made me afraid of dr who as a kid

I really enjoyed myself at this one. This is the third time I've had tickets to see Morrissey, but the first time I've actually seen him. First time, the show was rescheduled to a date I was out of the country, second time tour was cancelled due to illness. Like others mentioned, I was pretty pleased with "Suedehead" as the opener, and with the set list overall. Loved the inclusion of "Crashing Bores" as well, kind of wish he'd done maybe one more from Quarry. His voice was in top form, though. I was super impressed, and so glad I got to see him one on of the first shows of the tour. I was a little surprised at the inclusion of "What She Said." Love the song, but I really didn't expect to hear that one. I think Morrissey is at a point where he's going to play the songs that he wants to play and that he likes to sing and suit his matured voice. I know some people may not dig that and a lot probably mostly want to hear Smiths tunes, but oh well. He did pretty much play the best tracks from World Peace- Staircase, Bullfighter, Istanbul, etc. Of course, there were tons of songs I wish he'd played, but when an artist has a career that spans multiple decades, it's impossible to hear them all. I'm just happy I got to see him at all and that he sounded great and seemed like he was in good health and spirits.

Oh, one more thing to add about last night, there was a guy there wearing a red "Johnny f***in Marr" shirt.........brilliant!

Oh, one more thing to add about last night, there was a guy there wearing a red "Johnny f***in Marr" shirt.........brilliant!

Do you mean "brilliant" in a sarcastic way or do REALLY find it brilliant that the guy wore it? I wouldn't mind about such silly things but since we all know how quickly Moz' mood can shift I find it a bit questionable for that guy to turn up in that shirt.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom