Washington DC concert rescheduled to June 25; Baltimore to June 24

Baltimore and DC Rescheduled.

Just heard from the promoter, Baltimore and DC have been rescheduled "on advice from Morrissey's medical team." New dates are June 24 for DC and June 25 for Baltimore.

Seriously Morrissey, stay the f*** home if you aren't healthy enough to tour. Quit wasting all of our time and money.

if its cancelled why are they still selling tickets on ticketmaster for tonight in Baltimore?

yep there are tickets still for sale for the show tonight? I bet people will be showing up tonight at the venue. outside of the 930 club facebook page there is nothing concrete that has been announced.

is the show happening? this is crazy. its the day of the show and no official word

Morrissey needs to issue a statement; how can anyone defend his actions or lack of them in this case. Someone from his camp should do what is right and inform his fans.

I am new here to these boards, but not to Morrissey. I am in my late 40s and a product of mid to late 1980s college life so The Smiths were a big part of some of the funnest days of my life. Still have my original Viva Hate CD that I bougth after graduation, one of the first CDs I got. But as career and family grew, my ability to follow Morrissey came and went. Now that I am older, kids are older, I have wanted to see him and Marr for a few years now. Scheduling did not allow me to se Marr at the 9:30 Club earlier this year, and I have made attempts to see him here in the Richmond VA / DC area and as with other tours those plans fell apart. I knew tonight and tomorrow night would be too good to be true...hopefully he makes it in 2 weeks..but I am not holding my breath.

Music and entertainment is the business Morrissey chose for himself, to quote The Godfather II. I am sure he gets more income from touring than music sales based on today's business model. Its apparent he's got a loyal following of fans that put up with this drama. But you know, don't committ to something if you can't do it. If you got health issues, or personal issues, or whatever, just be honest. The fans are afterall who have provided his lifestyle to him. I have seen U2 many many times going back to the UF tour and I think at nearly concert I have been to Bono has thanked the crowd for the life we have provided him and his family along with the rest of the band. .......has Morrissey ever been as gratious?

You have some neck. The man produces albums and does concerts. You choose to buy the music or to go to the concert and you expect him to thank you? It's not an effing charity where he has to grovel to you. The choice is yours and you have the music to listen to whenever you wish.

Grow up.

I dearly hope & pray that it's nothing serious, & that Morrissey recovers quickly. I knew something was really off from that recent photo of him with a fan. He looked so sad..so..defeated.. Whatever it is, I just want & wish him well. Not just to soldier on touring, hoping he gets better. Which he seems to be doing..It'll only makes him worse in the long run.

I know that he lives for this.
-For us fans, to tour, to sing. This is what he is accustomed to. But. I don't want him to go on like this anymore. It is heartbreaking to watch.

He NEEDS to stop touring ASAP. He needs to recover from his ailments
whether it's physically, emotionally or a combination of both & from what I've heard, it is both. These things won't -- don't go away in a few weeks or months. Deep down we know it, he knows it. He needs to cut out the bullshit & look after himself first. Morrissey has crashed and is burning out. Stop being so stubborn, Moz!! And we, as his fans, should want the best for him! Wouldn't you want him to stop touring until he gets better?

There have been many posters on here who think otherwise. I've seen so many whining about the postponements & cancellations, yet only a handful of actually concerned posters!

Does anyone on here even care about Morrissey the person, the human being? Or is he just a seal with who performs for your fcuking entertainment??

I've planned this for ages! I've booked flights and hotels!! I've taken time off work!! What a selfish old man!! What a mean little cnutish dick Morrissey is!! I've been a fan for 30yrs & this is the thanks I get??!?! This is the last straw, I'm burning all my Smiths & Moz paraphernalia!!! What am I going to do now?!?! WOE IS ME!!!1!11!!!11!1

And Morrissey is being selfish?? Really? How can you call yourself a fan? I cannot fathom how anyone who considers themselves a fan would say such things! It is so sad to read. I can only imagine how Moz would feel if he ever heard any if this rubbish.

You Americans get to see him every year or so, and he tours the US extensively. I am lucky if I get to see him 1 in a decade! I know of others who've seen him live ONCE - in his whole career!

In the New Zealand/Australian 2012? tour there were fears of him cancelling due to his Mother being hospitalised.

A lot of my friends made the decision to go on a pilgrimage around the Antipodes. These friends had either:
A: Taken time off work.
B: Some were unemployed,
C: Were full time students.
B & C basically were broke, yet they scrounged what they could, booked hotels & flights. When they found out that a cancelation was looming, they were gutted! To be honest, a few were in tears! Not because they would lose $$$, but because they thought they wouldn't get see Morrissey!! There was NO mention of "Woe is me, I've been inconvenienced and I'll never listen to The Smiths or Moz again!"

Fortunately, the NZAU leg of the tour went ahead, and all had such an amazing time! The feeling of being in the same room with thousands of other's who love Morrissey and his music; swaying bodies singing along to the soundtrack of their lives, writhing to the songs that saved my life, along with so many other lives there. Singing in unison, some in despair, to I Know it's Over... Hearing Morrissey pleading Please, please please… his voice slowly fading away only to let the audience finish it off.. Nothing in the world can compare to that feeling.

And to see so many here continually complain about cancellations is saddening. Be grateful that you get the chance to see him in your country. Be grateful that he is still singing…songs that have saved a life.. Maybe even yours. Songs that have consoled you, thrilled you & even the songs that have killed you.

…For one day goodbye will truly be farewell.

:end rant:

this should be fun getting refunds from ticketmaster.
I just called and they said they have no record of the show and have no idea what I was talking about.

What Morrissey needs, is:
- to cancel this tour & get better
- sack the wanker and hire better management. management that will do its job, not sit around doing f all.
- same for pr

You have some neck. The man produces albums and does concerts. You choose to buy the music or to go to the concert and you expect him to thank you? It's not an effing charity where he has to grovel to you. The choice is yours and you have the music to listen to whenever you wish.

Grow up.

Considering the fact how often he disappointed us with cancelled concerts, questionable statements and lame records, people still go to his concerts, buy his records, his book etc. so yes, he definitely should thank us once in a while.

I called ticketmaster and they were totally clueless. It was almost like I was letting them know it was cancelled. From 9pm last night they had no idea until 11am today.

I had no idea this website was a pissing match about who was the biggest Morrissey fan or who was the most hard core. You know, when you say "Morrissey owes you nothing", you make the transaction between performer and fan sound like a transaction between a prostitute and john or drug dealer and junkie. Ever heard of a prostitute or dealer say "I really appreciate your business, thanks for your patronage after all these years, you are the best". You just want your next hit of Morrisey and go on and wait for the need of the next hit...pretty sad. Morrissey, or pretty much every musical artist, I would think is performing to their entire audience, either the most hard core fan or a casual fan for years or somebody who recently discovered their work. Like it or not, the consumers of his music, be it the Smiths or solo, have provided him the means to enjoy the celebrity and life style he appears to have grown accustomed to. Those of you defending a lack of thankfulness between an artists and those consume his / her are not only closed minded, you are diminishing his work to nothing but a pure commodity to be traded back and forth based on current value.

But hey, then again maybe he isnt truly an artist and peformer, because he sure isnt following the age old mantra "The Show Must Go On". I am sure many of artists that Morrisey sites as being influential to him would tel him to suck it up and get on that stage, your public awaits you......

Last edited:
To N.N.: All absolutely true, thanks so much for your post.
How many people each day are starving because they can't afford to eat, or can't afford a reasonable place to live?! A canceled concert (even it's 2859 times canceled) is just a f***ing luxury problem. GET WELL SOON.

Last edited:
Of course this is frustrating - I have a ticket for his Brooklyn show and hope it still happens. But people!! When a concert is postponed or cancelled - YOU CAN GET A REFUND. so, I don't understand why people think they're "wasting money" on his concert tickets if he cancels. As for your travel arrangements, that's really of no one's concern. Why don't you just go on your trip to whatever city and do something else instead. Have fun!

Also, does anyone complaining truly believe Moz so whimsically would just camel a gig because he "doesn't feel like playing?" Every time he cancels a show - he LOSES money, his band loses money, everyone loses money, he invokes the rage of promoters who possibly wouldn't fund any other tours, and sadly garners a bunch of shit from idiot fans who complain endlessly. it does him more harm to cancel a show than it does to someone who bought a ticket and can get a refund. The man lives for this, and we all know it. He's being a trooper, but we can all agree... something's wrong. Touring may just not be good for him anymore.

I could go on. But the people whining about their cancelled or postponed show need to stop bringing other issues into this (their travel plans, babysitters, etc). If you want a refund - GET A REFUND. If you'll go to the next show, GO TO THE NEXT SHOW (sorry, Atlanta). Just stop bitching about what you think Moz has done to your life. Jeeez.

The release of the new album virtually dictated the need to tour. As others have said, touring is where he really makes good money in the current state of the music business. Moreover, he clearly loves to sing onstage and regardless of some of our subjective feelings, he clearly is proud of his new songs and wants to perform them.

That said - whatever the reason, physically, mentally, or somewhere in between - he is no longer who he was 8 and 10 years ago when he launched lengthy, widely-flung tours. The health-related cancellations began in 2007 and have accelerated in recent years (over 40 in 2012-13). I think he needs to face facts that it may not be possible to keep it up at the same pace as before.

I do understand the feeling some have regarding the chronic nature of the cancellations. If this were an average job, he'd have been dismissed long ago. Obviously, his appearances is a whole other spectrum but it's hard not to compare because that is the reality most of us face.

I feel for the band and crew, as the frustratingly frequent climate of hurry up and wait must outweigh the benefits of travel and tourism after a point. I can't imagine the per diem or retainers are that luxurious.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom