Washington DC concert rescheduled to June 25; Baltimore to June 24

Baltimore and DC Rescheduled.

Just heard from the promoter, Baltimore and DC have been rescheduled "on advice from Morrissey's medical team." New dates are June 24 for DC and June 25 for Baltimore.

Seriously Morrissey, stay the f*** home if you aren't healthy enough to tour. Quit wasting all of our time and money.

He was coughing during the entire show in Boston and was drinking a lot of water. He even blew his nose a few times, so I think it's the cold that is going around.

I believe he's been driven to every date on this tour.

People are acting like 55 is 85. It's odd- when he was very ill last time he looked awful. Now he's been looking and sounding great, just drinking a lot if water, apparently, but it was 88 degrees in Boston that day.

Hopefully we will get some answers, but this is very worrying.

That's OK. I'm tired of hearing Art Hounds is as good as I Know It's Over. To them I would say buy a hearing aid.

I'm sure you also think "jeane" is better than "irish blood English heart" and "oscillate wildly" is better than " everyday is like Sunday" to you I would say pull your head out of your arsehole, the rest of us rational people know that some morrissey solo stuff is better than the smiths and vice versa and are able to enjoy both

Re: Baltimore and DC Rescheduled.

OK, so this is an anonymous post based on a source close to Morrissey who will also remain anonymous, so feel free to ignore it if you will, which is fine.

Due to ongoing medical issues this is likely to be the last tour of the states Morrissey ever does, European dates will be announced for later this year but that will almost certainly be the end. Not saying he will never perform live again but health issues make it impossible for him to continue with any extensive touring in the future.

Expect more postponements and cancelations but try to understand, this may be your last opportunity to see one of the all time greats on stage and you should all be grateful for it.

Good. I'm glad. Although not for those who again have missed out on the shows. Hopefully they wll be rearranged but it looks like you'll ahve a 4 hour Cliff show come New York.

Health comes before most things and trudging round the States like an unsigned band from Middlesborough is not really something I'd want to do nearing my pensionable years, even if i was being driven here there and everywhere and staying in relative luxury. Play a couple of shows a year, residencies etc.

This doesnt bode too well for the England football team either

I just hope he doesn't become like Bowie, and release a shitty album with some videos full of celebrities, Louis Vuitton ads and not tour or give any interviews. Tragic.

I am new here to these boards, but not to Morrissey. I am in my late 40s and a product of mid to late 1980s college life so The Smiths were a big part of some of the funnest days of my life. Still have my original Viva Hate CD that I bougth after graduation, one of the first CDs I got. But as career and family grew, my ability to follow Morrissey came and went. Now that I am older, kids are older, I have wanted to see him and Marr for a few years now. Scheduling did not allow me to se Marr at the 9:30 Club earlier this year, and I have made attempts to see him here in the Richmond VA / DC area and as with other tours those plans fell apart. I knew tonight and tomorrow night would be too good to be true...hopefully he makes it in 2 weeks..but I am not holding my breath.

Music and entertainment is the business Morrissey chose for himself, to quote The Godfather II. I am sure he gets more income from touring than music sales based on today's business model. Its apparent he's got a loyal following of fans that put up with this drama. But you know, don't committ to something if you can't do it. If you got health issues, or personal issues, or whatever, just be honest. The fans are afterall who have provided his lifestyle to him. I have seen U2 many many times going back to the UF tour and I think at nearly concert I have been to Bono has thanked the crowd for the life we have provided him and his family along with the rest of the band. .......has Morrissey ever been as gratious?

I just hope he doesn't become like Bowie, and release a shitty album with some videos full of celebrities, Louis Vuitton ads and not tour or give any interviews. Tragic.

And have Tony Visconti as his producer.

I am new here to these boards, but not to Morrissey. I am in my late 40s and a product of mid to late 1980s college life so The Smiths were a big part of some of the funnest days of my life. Still have my original Viva Hate CD that I bougth after graduation, one of the first CDs I got. But as career and family grew, my ability to follow Morrissey came and went. Now that I am older, kids are older, I have wanted to see him and Marr for a few years now. Scheduling did not allow me to se Marr at the 9:30 Club earlier this year, and I have made attempts to see him here in the Richmond VA / DC area and as with other tours those plans fell apart. I knew tonight and tomorrow night would be too good to be true...hopefully he makes it in 2 weeks..but I am not holding my breath.

Music and entertainment is the business Morrissey chose for himself, to quote The Godfather II. I am sure he gets more income from touring than music sales based on today's business model. Its apparent he's got a loyal following of fans that put up with this drama. But you know, don't committ to something if you can't do it. If you got health issues, or personal issues, or whatever, just be honest. The fans are afterall who have provided his lifestyle to him. I have seen U2 many many times going back to the UF tour and I think at nearly concert I have been to Bono has thanked the crowd for the life we have provided him and his family along with the rest of the band. .......has Morrissey ever been as gratious?

He doesn't owe you anything. You remind me of the couple of people outside the show complaining they've been ( extremely casual IMO) fans since the Smiths and he owes then Suedehead and Girlfriend in a Coma at these shoes. Really?

Was bono ever sincere? I doubt it, I think your interest in seeing morrissey came and went rather than your ability to do so, I'm sure your work/ family could have spared you for 1 night while you went to a moz gig but you just couldn't be arsed, most morrissey fans are more committed than that

Was bono ever sincere? I doubt it, I think your interest in seeing morrissey came and went rather than your ability to do so, I'm sure your work/ family could have spared you for 1 night while you went to a moz gig but you just couldn't be arsed, most morrissey fans are more committed than that

christ, what a bullshit response to this fellow. as someone with 3 kids, i can surely relate to the severe impact a family creates on my social life. it has nothing at all to do with being committed to moz. if he says his ability to see him when he'd like has waned, who the hell are you to question such a statement??

valvano, ignore some of the clowns on here that have nothing better to do than spew negativity. if most posts on here are not taken to heart, this board can be fairly enjoyable (sometimes)

I thank Morrissey for the life he has provided for me. He owes me nothing.

Paul McCartney Postpones June U.S. Dates Due to Illness
Rolling Stone By Kory Grow
16 hours ago

Coincidence??? ;-)

christ, what a bullshit response to this fellow. as someone with 3 kids, i can surely relate to the severe impact a family creates on my social life. it has nothing at all to do with being committed to moz. if he says his ability to see him when he'd like has waned, who the hell are you to question such a statement??

valvano, ignore some of the clowns on here that have nothing better to do than spew negativity. if most posts on here are not taken to heart, this board can be fairly enjoyable (sometimes)
You got 1 thing right and 1 thing only, don't take anything to heart on this site, I am far from negative, my issue with his post was he said family commitments stops him from going to morrissey concerts and then goes to say he has seen U2 live on many occasions, its a contradiction, if he would rather see U2 than morrissey that if course is his choice but be honest about it and don't use family commitments as a cop out, as for you you should read posts more carefully before spouting nonsense

He was coughing during the entire show in Boston and was drinking a lot of water. He even blew his nose a few times, so I think it's the cold that is going around.

^^ This. We were front row in front of Jesse and saw the same thing. During MIM when he was lying down he was coughing pretty rigorously. He also drank a lot more water than he normally does. I had whatever the virus is 2 weeks ago and it took a good 10 days before I felt normal again. Thankfully I can just show up at work and vegetate and it counts. He's not so lucky.

Just give him some bread he'll be fine

He doesn't owe you anything. You remind me of the couple of people outside the show complaining they've been ( extremely casual IMO) fans since the Smiths and he owes then Suedehead and Girlfriend in a Coma at these shoes. Really?

Categorizing the magnitude of 'fandom' is pathetically absurd. What the hell is wrong with some of you?

Re: Article: Washington DC concert rescheduled to June 25; Baltimore also rescheduled

If he cancels this tour there is something mentally or physically very wrong with this man.

If you're too self involved to care about who he is as a person and still claim to enjoy his music, you are a mindless idiot. The exact ones he reproaches in his music. You "like" his music but you don't listen to what he's saying, Morrissey fans should be different not like everyothere drone on this planet. If it's such an inconvenience, then don't f***in come. I don't want to be sitting in a crowd of f***heads anyways, f***in wack off you dip shits.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom