Was WPINOYB buried because of the title?

butley

It is a provocative title and song. It seems nobody wanted him to play it live on TV. Did anybody hear it on the radio? Songs are discreetly banned from being played if the subject matter is anti-establishment and Morrissey is pretty high profile and is really a pop artist.

It is a provocative title and song. It seems nobody wanted him to play it live on TV. Did anybody hear it on the radio? Songs are discreetly banned from being played if the subject matter is anti-establishment and Morrissey is pretty high profile and is really a pop artist.

maybe but in todays technological world i think that may be an old fashioned idea. i mean no one i know has regular t.v or cable, like not a one. everyone just streams or watches an internet media outlet so it seems like its impossible to keep something bottled up by not playing it on t.v which is loosing money and clout left and right. same with radio, i havent listened to the radio in well over a decade and a half, i mean why would i, and i think its impact is much more minimal to exposure in modern times. if anything pulling the actual album from stores and things like spotify have more impact but still its slight.

There has to be a reason why he was completely absent from television apart from the italian performance.

Getting on Jimmy Fallon, etc would have been ideal given he was touring the US before the album release.

Was WPINOYB buried because of the title?

I'm sure it's key-reason!

p.s. very interesting topic

No - it was 'buried' because it's a shit song, that no right minded radio station would want to play. The subject matter has nothing to do with it.

He's telling people they are fools in the chorus. That's my guess as to why it's difficult to rally behind the song, nobody wants to sing about being stupid.

thats probably more the reason and doesnt usually work in a single. musically i think it great especially the vocal. starts high and walks down mid tempo, in contrast to the intense lyrics, in even steps and then walks back up to where it started. really catchy

He's telling people they are fools in the chorus. That's my guess as to why it's difficult to rally behind the song, nobody wants to sing about being stupid.

Only some people are being told they are fools.... The song has been sung, and furthermore, if one sings the song alone, or in the company of a fool, or perhaps many fools, the singer is never the fool. And now my heart is full. xx

Only some people are being told they are fools.... The song has been sung, and furthermore, if one sings the song alone, or in the company of a fool, or perhaps many fools, the singer is never the fool. And now my heart is full. xx

People deduce the mood of a song in less than a second, songs can't be contemplative essays with vague point of view perspective, at the end of the day the song is telling people they are fools for voting, end of story. In America we're TRAINED to be thankful to be able to participate in the election process, people have DIED for our right to vote, it's an honor. No new fan is going to be drawn to a song telling them they are foolish for voting, let alone turn around and sing they are foolish about themselves. The song was doomed to never chart from the beginning. The title of the album should've been Kiss Me Alot.

of course.

well composed reply.

i'm confused with the fact that on forum dedicated to morrissey simple and apparent details are driven to the point of idiocy.

p.s. apologies

of course.

well composed reply.

i'm confused with the fact that on forum dedicated to morrissey simple and apparent details are driven to the point of idiocy.

p.s. apologies

You mean like on TTY where a venue is equated to bloodlust? Venues are angel's friends, you're not supposed to declare war on venues.

p.s. Saying the word "apology" is NOT the same as being sorry about something. It's a copout, a fake apology. It's like Morrissey's sister writing a TTY statement and saying it was technically written by a Morrissey.

my apologies are honest. i'm sorry you misunderstood.

please, stay on topic.

p.s. %

People deduce the mood of a song in less than a second, songs can't be contemplative essays with vague point of view perspective, at the end of the day the song is telling people they are fools for voting, end of story. In America we're TRAINED to be thankful to be able to participate in the election process, people have DIED for our right to vote, it's an honor. No new fan is going to be drawn to a song telling them they are foolish for voting, let alone turn around and sing they are foolish about themselves. The song was doomed to never chart from the beginning. The title of the album should've been Kiss Me Alot.

Oh, but can't songs be contemplative at the end of the day? At the end of the month? At the end of 13 months?
And, please be reminded, the U.S. of A is not always the guide for all people...open the door. xx

of course songs can and are contemplative open ended questions and not all people deduce the mood of a song in a second, thats just silly. he also doesnt tell people theyre foolish for voting he tells them theyre foolish for voting and not knowing where the money goes and what its used for. i personally just love all of the double meanings behind the title alone.

the lyric:

"World peace is none of your business
You must not tamper with arrangements
Work hard and sweetly pay your taxes
Never asking what for
Oh, you poor little fool oh, you fool

World peace is none of your business
Police will stun you with their stun guns
Or they'll disable you with tasers
That's what government's for

World peace is none of your business
So would you kindly keep your nose out
The rich must profit and get richer
And the poor must stay poor

Each time you vote you support the process
Brazil and Bahrain
Oh, Egypt, Ukraine
So many people in pain
No more, you poor little fool
No more, you fool"

where does he tell people not to vote. nowhere.

He's rich, has a manslave and does whatever he wants. He has nothing to write about so this is what we get.

Is it upbeat, catchy, with a driving beat that means you just can't help but move yo feet?
No?
Well, then - that's why it's not played on the radio.

Even if you like it (and personally I think it's pretty good musically, even if the lyrics are possibly the worst Morrissey has ever written), surely you'd accept that it's more of an album track, than a catchy single?

Is it upbeat, catchy, with a driving beat that means you just can't help but move yo feet?
No?
Well, then - that's why it's not played on the radio.

Even if you like it (and personally I think it's pretty good musically, even if the lyrics are possibly the worst Morrissey has ever written), surely you'd accept that it's more of an album track, than a catchy single?

i think the lyrics are quite good although the theme is unexpected from morrissey. and i'm grateful he made it!

it's interesting how people think it is song dedicated to those who live in so-called 'undeveloped countries witout democracy', the lack of its playing on mass media says it all - "poor lyrics, uncatchy tune, it doesn't deserve to be played cause it's 'product for third-world-countries-music-market'. poor, old, forgotten morrissey." :irony:

but, thanks god, he is alive and on tour!

Interesting people think the song is not about their country. I never thought it was about underdeveloped countries but ALL countries. The New World Order is around us and the lyrics are as relevant to people in the UK and USA as anywhere. I also believe a decision would have been made by radio and TV to ignore the song and, consequently, the album

Back
Top Bottom