Was Morrissey invited to sing in Venezuela Aid Live?

countthree

He should be there. He was the first who dared to warn about the brutality of Venezuelan police during the protests against Maduro's dictatorship in a recorded song that he sang in several concerts around the world.

He totally would have showed...he just had so much to do that weekend.

It's stupid donating money to Venezuela. They don't need money, they need food and other goodies delivered to the people. The country has 30 thousand millions just in London banks. People live in a country settled over a fortune in petrol. The problem is they are being kidnapped and starved on purpose by a dictatorship that works for the enemies of democracy. They need freedom, not money.

If Morrissey hasn't been contacted by Richard Branson yet, then Morrissey should contact him ASAP.

Get f***ing involved Morrissey!

If Morrissey doesn't get involved in Venezuela Aid Live, then that is unforgivable.

Deeds, Not Words Morrissey!

If a moderator would be so kind as to paste that ^ under my post above, The Who Will Protect Us From The Police video comment. Thanks in advance!

Deeds, Not Words Morrissey!

I don't want to depress you but deeds are not exactly his forte. In political matters or...any sort of matters.
In fact, you could spend a lifetime looking for deeds to match his words. So far I've found nothing.
But maybe he'll think Venezuela is more worth doing something... Although I fear the height of involvement for him might have been bellowing its name a few times.

I don't want to depress you but deeds are not exactly his forte. In political matters or...any sort of matters.
In fact, you could spend a lifetime looking for deeds to match his words. So far I've found nothing.
But maybe he'll think Venezuela is more worth doing something... Although I fear the height of involvement for him might have been bellowing its name a few times.

"So far I've found nothing."

Well, that isn't true. His support for animal welfare is beyond question.

"So far I've found nothing."

Well, that isn't true. His support for animal welfare is beyond question.

:thumb:

Yes, we know absolutely NOTHING about what charities he gives to or how much he gives, and as he has gone on record of saying that he feels guilty for not taking direct action, one could safely assume that his donations to charities are generous.

Though, one can see him taking action by breaking his vow and playing Canada,
for he realizes that his presence there will be more of a benefit than not touring there.

Yes, we know absolutely NOTHING about what charities he gives to or how much he gives, and as he has gone on record of saying that he feels guilty for not taking direct action, one could safely assume that his donations to charities are generous.

for he realizes that his presence there will be more of a benefit than not touring there.

Yeah, I read that he'll be making "sizeable donations" to 15 Animal Save groups.
https://www.samaritanmag.com/news/m...anada-tour-will-support-15-animal-save-groups

Morrissey has never been involved in fund raising events as far as i can remember. I dont know what he does behind the scenes but i think he s always been sceptical of such things. I loved his comment on the band aid single

"I'm not afraid to say that I think Band Aid was diabolical. Or to say that I think Bob Geldof is a nauseating character. Many people find that very unsettling, but I'll say it as loud as anyone wants me to. In the first instance the record itself was absolutely tuneless. One can have great concern for the people of Ethiopia, but it's another thing to inflict daily torture on the people of England. It was an awful record considering the mass of talent involved. And it wasn't done shyly it was the most self-righteous platform ever in the history of popular music."

"The whole implication was to save these people in Ethiopia, but who were they asking to save them? Some 13-year-old girl in Wigan! People like Thatcher and the royals could solve the Ethiopian problem within ten seconds. But Band Aid shied away from saying that — for heaven's sake, it was almost directly aimed at unemployed people."

I always wanted to splice that clip of Morrissey singing Nowhere fast with headphones on during that Whistle test special on the recording of MIM to the Band aid video with him miming to some bit but never got around to it, thought it would be marginally funny, maybe someone could ?

His support for animal welfare is beyond question.

If, say, a pig or , say, a dog catches a cold, he makes sure they have lozenges and hankies and lemons and stuff? :)

Moomoorrissey is shaking his head no.

ah, those familiar conversations, I'll admit I've missed them a bit... :cowface:

edit/ Somehow talking about pigs having the sniffles in a thread about Venezuela seems rude. Apologies.
Besides, it's not even the case.

night night

Writing, recording and singing a song about Venezuela is doing way much more than what a lot of people who are posing now as defenders of Venezuelan democracy did during those times. Of course he wasn't invited to this event. Maybe Morrissey is not in the best terms with the sir who is organizing it.

He is very active as a lobbyist... Specially when the issue is animal rights, but he gets involved in other issues too (i.e, his "Trumpshifters" during the whole of his last U.S. tour).

Have you done more than Morrissey?

Have you done more than Morrissey?

That question would make an awesome Morrissey t.shirt :thumb: A picture of Uncle Morrissey pointing an accusatory index...Sam can already see it. Also, one with "ask not what Morrissey can do for you, but what you can do for Morrissey" would be very appropriate in these selfish times...

i think you animal lovers may have missed my extremely subtle hint. Oh well that's a shame. Too late now.

As an armchair activist, I've probably done far less than Morrissey, as I don't have an armchair.

If Morrissey gives moneyto protect animals in Canada, I'll be the first to congratulate him on his generosity, but
-I'll really need to see the receipts certified by a sworn in accountant
-the amount has to be substantial enough for me to go"oOoooooOh!"
- the money can't go to any fruitcakes.

I have to say I have doubt about that Save movement (I'm not sure that vigils help the animals much. What difference does it make to a pig about to be slaughtered? If I were one I'd want the whole human race to f*** off I think, not just the guys at the abbatoirs? And does it really affect other people, apart from the groups themselves?) but I wholly support vegan trucks offering food to people, so if the money is used for that it's great. I've always said that's the way to convince people. Free food.:thumb:

In fact years ago I suggested free veggie food at Morrissey concerts. Morrissey pretended not to hear. o_O Yet I'm sure that could have worked, financially.
What can I say, he's not adventurous.

Back
Top Bottom