Was Morrissey in love with Johnny Marr?

Oh totally agree, I'll bet Morrissey was so sweet to Johnny in the beginning when they needed each other desperately to get the Smiths to succeed. But then he realized Johnny was never going to love him back in the way he wanted, he sought to isolate and control him instead. God, this would make such a good dramatic movie - someone's gotta write it!

Darling...please realize they tried to and it got nipped it in the bud.....Johnny in my bedroom.....love at first sight...up close and closer....we felt so right. "England is Mine."

Darling...please realize they tried to and it got nipped it in the bud.....Johnny in my bedroom.....love at first sight...up close and closer....we felt so right. "England is Mine."

I was at a screening of "England Is Mine" with an appearance by one of the producers and he said they absolutely could not have any overt references to homosexuality in the movie. They were afraid of being sued by Morrissey.

Last edited:
During. Before the end. Read the books.

I am right. I know I am.

Do yourself a favour and stop speculating about things you know nothing of but are merely guessing.

Why are you so interested in what a couple of Lancashire lads did(or didn't) get up to in their 20s?!!!!

It's really none of your business.

I was at a screening of "England Is Mine" with an appearance by one of the producers and he said they absolutely could not have any overt references to homosexuality in the movie. They were afraid of being sued by Morrissey.

True enough...they were afraid of the phalynx of solicitors Morrissey has for ready hire. However...Betty D. sued them instead. No ? ......homework time kids.

During. Before the end. Read the books.

I am right. I know I am.

Do yourself a favour and stop speculating about things you know nothing of but are merely guessing.

You know so much about these things. Do you know which members of One Direction had relationships with each other? Asking for a friend.

Why are you so interested in what a couple of Lancashire lads did(or didn't) get up to in their 20s?!!!!

It's really none of your business.

True enough, but it makes for great comedy. In todays joyously loving world, one may find the comedic side of life now-a-days, as a fun filled self-medication that works. Fame and fortune cuts both ways......Hooray for hollywood, eh Kevin ?

What about Johnny Marr's wife Angie Marr? Johnny Marr married his childhood sweetheart Angie at quite a young age and they are still married. Morrissey had a lot of respect for Angie Marr.

The rumours weren't that they had an affair, just that Morrissey loved him unrequitedly from afar and had a hard time hiding it, by many accounts.

I'm spellbound
Oh, but a woman divides...

As I quoted earlier, Morrissey seemed to suggest that it WAS requited but Johnny was too nervous (or more likely, too straight) to act on it.

Last edited:
True enough...they were afraid of the phalynx of solicitors Morrissey has for ready hire. However...Betty D. sued them instead. No ? ......homework time kids.

Although I enjoyed the gentle and funny movie, it was so inoffensive I don't know what anyone could find in it to possibly sue over. Morrissey's mom sued them over being portrayed as a steadying and positive influence in the movie? Or maybe because the Morrissey character actually made eye contact with the Johnny Marr character and then offered him toast?

Although I enjoyed the gentle and funny movie, it was so inoffensive I don't know what anyone could find in it to possibly sue over. Morrissey's mom sued them over being portrayed as a steadying and positive influence in the movie? Or maybe because the Morrissey character actually made eye contact with the Johnny Marr character and then offered him toast?

That whole scene was pure sexual tension, come on :lbf:
I read a YouTube comment which was something like, "Were they meant to seem like absolute boyfriends or...?"

LOL, if you look at it that way, it's definitely there! Just the way Morrissey is studying Johnny's every move, but trying to act casual about it. Johnny, conscious that everything he does is a test of worthiness from this older man...

and since MJ is the best looking of the bunch , Morrissey has good "Taste In Men ".
I think that Morrissey is the most physically attractive of The Smiths. Morrissey is beautiful both inside and out. Morrrissey has that classic Irish look with striking blue eyes, fair skin and dark brown hair. Morrissey is tall, refined and handsome. Morrissey said that his father was also a handsome man who looked like Northern Irish footballer George Best.

I don't think that Morrissey wants to be seen as bisexual. I think he talked about having a romantic relationship with photographer Jake Walters. There was also Iranian-born, Los Angeles-based Tina Dehghani. Morrissey thought about marrying Tina Dehghani and even having children with her. Tina Dehghani isn't to be confused with Mike Joyce's wife Tina Riley-Joyce her name is Christina but she is know as "Tina" for short. Also I don't think that Tina Riley-Joyce is related to Julia Riley.

Intellectually and creatively Mike Joyce is no match for Morrissey. Maybe it was Mike Joyce who had a crush on Morrissey? I think that Mike Joyce is dodgy.

Morrissey had a female friend when he was very young called Anji Hardie sadly she died of cancer at a very young age. I think that her death really affected Morrissey. Anji Hardie isn't to be confused with Johnny Marr's wife Angie Marr her name is Angela but she is know as "Angie" for short I think she was Angela Brown before she got married.

I read a YouTube comment which was something like, "Were they meant to seem like absolute boyfriends or...?"

Spot on Amy....why else would mum go off , or Morrissey threaten high court action if not true ?

I ye reckon spot on Shaggy inn nn nnn nnn n din't inn n it. It's because the California Son is not gay. Don't you delusional foreigners in england have anything better to do with your time? I know you can't go outside until June, but don't you people work? None of Uncle Steve's brittish stepping stone (the Smiths) were or are gay. He used those dumbass foreigners like all American businessmen like Uncle Steve do. Uncle Steve was really close to suing the shit of those "england is mine" producers like his sister wanted him to do, but his Beverly Hills attorneys said it wasn't worth the effort for him. You foreigners do have alternatives like Big Country, Joy Order, and the lady who sings 99 loooft balloons. Stop saying mum, get off this site, and go home!!

I apologize for #gayshaming Uncleskinny. I thought it was kind of weird that he was so invested in knowing this bizarre story and insisting no one else knows the truth (TM) but then I remembered that he's severely bitter and "knowing things" is sort of his way of coping in a world for which he finds himself seriously ill-suited. If he says that Boz quit the band or that Morrissey and Joyce had a torrid love affair just go along with it. :straightface:

I think that Morrissey is the most physically attractive of The Smiths. Morrissey is beautiful both inside and out. Morrrissey has that classic Irish look with striking blue eyes, fair skin and dark brown hair. Morrissey is tall, refined and handsome. Morrissey said that his father was also a handsome man who looked like Northern Irish footballer George Best.

I don't think that Morrissey wants to be seen as bisexual. I think he talked about having a romantic relationship with photographer Jake Walters. There was also Iranian-born, Los Angeles-based Tina Dehghani. Morrissey thought about marrying Tina Dehghani and even having children with her. Tina Dehghani isn't to be confused with Mike Joyce's wife Tina Riley-Joyce her name is Christina but she is know as "Tina" for short. Also I don't think that Tina Riley-Joyce is related to Julia Riley.

Intellectually and creatively Mike Joyce is no match for Morrissey. Maybe it was Mike Joyce who had a crush on Morrissey? I think that Mike Joyce is dodgy.

Morrissey had a female friend when he was very young called Anji Hardie sadly she died of cancer at a very young age. I think that her death really affected Morrissey. Anji Hardie isn't to be confused with Johnny Marr's wife Angie Marr her name is Angela but she is know as "Angie" for short I think she was Angela Brown before she got married.
No way

I do believe this. I think the Morrissey-Joyce alliance was a factor in the demise of the band because it upset the balance of power in the band - as in Johnny was on the outs. In Johnny's book, he resents being told what to do by Mike (record the Cilla Black song). I think it would go a long way to explaining why the break up of the band was so mysterious and secretive. I don't think any of the parties would want to speak about this, especially as Mike Joyce went back to his girlfriend. It also explains why the lawsuit was so acrimonious.
Why would Mike Joyce be able to tell Johnny Marr what to do? I wouldn't of thought that Mike Joyce had the power and authority to do that. I would of thought that it was Morrissey who had the overall creative control. The producers of their records would of had some creative control as well. I would of thought that it was Morrissey who had the final word not Mike Joyce. It was Morrissey after all who was the Cilla Black fan not Mike Joyce as far as I know. Morrissey was the one who created The Smiths and it was him who came up with the name 'The Smiths'. Johnny Marr helped a lot with the creation/formation of The Smiths as well and he even acted as the bands manager near the end of the group just before they split up. It was Johnny Marr who I think chose Mike Joyce as the drummer when he auditioned for them.

Tags
marr morriseey the smiths
Back
Top Bottom