Was David able to attend the shows in Cali

No1uno

Member of the Month™
Subscriber
I've wondered this. And if he did, I would love to see the disguise he used, haha.

I've wondered this. And if he did, I would love to see the disguise he used, haha.

It's weird that he won't talk about this and other things pertaining to his Morrissey obsession, even though he is totally comfortable talking about Morrissey's life. I, like you, am "interested". My guess is that he doesn't dare. But if he did, it's a pretty weird thing to do. He'll never say. That's his style, complete denial.

It's weird that he won't talk about this and other things pertaining to his Morrissey obsession, even though he is totally comfortable talking about Morrissey's life. I, like you, am "interested". My guess is that he doesn't dare. But if he did, it's a pretty weird thing to do. He'll never say. That's his style, complete denial.

I have thought about this a little more and realize, he can't say he went or whether he didn't.

It's a tough position for him to be in. Remember David is the victim in an alleged plot by morrissey to obtain information about his residence address with the inference it was for nefarious reasons.

If he goes to the show, he shows he has no fear of morrissey, even though in threads regarding the subject he feigned a level of perceived fear by not making a definitive statement of whether he believed it was credible. Also, when he knows he is not welcome, it has an air of strangeness for why he would want to go after that little debacle. If he says nothing, he has to explain nothing. That makes it very easy so I understand that.

But he also can't say he didn't go. I think that would be a cognition that it's finally over for him as a concert attending morrissey fan. I mean, I think if you take anything you love to do and it's taken away. For me it may be ultra running. What if I was banned by the California body that runs these events. I would have to let go and just not attend. I wouldn't sneak around and go. And although David once stated "catch me if you can", I think he said this to be funny, I hardy believe he went because that would actually be crazy and I don't think he is.

I have thought about this a little more and realize, he can't say he went or whether he didn't.

It's a tough position for him to be in. Remember David is the victim in an alleged plot by morrissey to obtain information about his residence address with the inference it was for nefarious reasons.

If he goes to the show, he shows he has no fear of morrissey, even though in threads regarding the subject he feigned a level of perceived fear by not making a definitive statement of whether he believed it was credible. Also, when he knows he is not welcome, it has an air of strangeness for why he would want to go after that little debacle. If he says nothing, he has to explain nothing. That makes it very easy so I understand that.

But he also can't say he didn't go. I think that would be a cognition that it's finally over for him as a concert attending morrissey fan. I mean, I think if you take anything you love to do and it's taken away. For me it may be ultra running. What if I was banned by the California body that runs these events. I would have to let go and just not attend. I wouldn't sneak around and go. And although David once stated "catch me if you can", I think he said this to be funny, I hardy believe he went because that would actually be crazy and I don't think he is.

he goes and wants to go i think. any answer is either a defeat agaisnt something he feels is unfair or if he says yes then its like saying hey did you forget to look out for me, ok let me remind you which might keep him out of future shows through provocation. he doesnt want to do something that would keep him out of further shows but is obviously upset and mad about the issue so saying nothing is his only option to retain those things. still seeing shows but not being seen to be caving as well

he goes and wants to go i think. any answer is either a defeat agaisnt something he feels is unfair or if he says yes then its like saying hey did you forget to look out for me, ok let me remind you which might keep him out of future shows through provocation. he doesnt want to do something that would keep him out of further shows but is obviously upset and mad about the issue so saying nothing is his only option to retain those things. still seeing shows but not being seen to be caving as well

Do you speak for David?

First of all, he CAN say whether he went or not, but chooses not to. As you can imagine, he’s really not very confrontational. So it would make sense that he might not want to publicize his attendance for fear of rubbing salt into the Morrissey wound, if there actually is one. I don’t think it’s a tough position. Remember, David brought this on himself, no one asked him to do what he has done. He could’ve and can walk away at any time. I admire him that he chooses not to. Now, having said that, even I, as much as I’ve despised David in the past realize that if it wasn’t for him and Old Mathew (who won’t accept my Facebook friend request or speak to me anymore, gee, I wonder why David?), I would’ve never met Sack band members, Boz Boorer, Alain Whyte, Morrissey himself and on and on. David is not a victim though as there was no crime committed, but I get what you’re saying.
I will say this though, Morrissey’s home address was, as far as I could tell, widely distributed in the Morrissey-Solo chatroom in 2002 (Perhaps on purpose?), so IF Morrissey wanted David’s address, it might seem fair. Actually, for a long time, David’s address was on this very website for several years until he took it down after it was posted in the chatroom.
I believe David DOES go to Morrissey concerts. I am 98% sure he does still but it is on the down-low AND he’s wise to avoid attention. No1uno, you aren’t in a position to judge David’s mental health nor am I. I don’t think he’s crazy either, but who’s to say? Let me back up a bit, I have met and hung out with David a handful of times and if I’m pressed, I have to to say, he’s a decent, nice guy in person. He’s genuine and appreciates people who appreciate his work. He’s pretty quiet (or he used to be) and pretty typical for a Morrissey fan, but if you get him talking, he’ll talk. I do believe David has played an instrumental role in the Morrissey story, from fanzines to Solow, which without a doubt probably irks Moz, I really don’t know. Rather than feel honored, though, David seems more, oh how shall I put it…defiant? Maybe? You see, the Irregular Regular’s click, which David is/was very much apart of is full of complete assholes. There ARE some good people, but generally, these whack jobs are hardly the type of people you’d want to spend more that a half hour with. I am not judging but I have been around them and they are horribly critical and almost EMBARRASSED to be a Morrissey fan amongst other things. They are the type of people who say, “Oh….well….I PREFER The Smiths…” Whether this is true or not, it’s a cop-out. (I am getting so bored writing this but I’ll push on…)
Anyway, for many years, people wanted to be around David because of who he is and his place in the Morrissey story, blah blah blah, but there comes a point when he makes friends. Now, these friends put pressure on him to not slobber Morrissey’s knob, so he tries really hard not to appear that way. Well, that might be overstating it a bit, but you get the idea, peer pressure from friends. Do you think David wants to lose friends? No. What’s more, David, in the past has had a life, a busy life. So you can imagine he might find it hard to manage a fanzine/webpage/Solo for free, especially with the lunatics that used to troll this website. The Guestbook was a good example of how this place was nut job city. Anyway, David is FORCED to take on a freedom of speech stance because he can’t possibly be expected to read every single word written on the website. David is not without fault, he has made some mistakes (as we all have). I am not going to point those out, he probably knows what they are. Anyway, making a longer story short, I will just say this. It’s sad that David doesn’t share more on HIS website, I’m sure he has a lot to say and I do believe he is, still, a Morrissey fan and a decent fella, but as the old phrase suggests, “Shit happens.”, I guess. I’m rambling. Does this make any sense. I could clarify further but I got bored writing this. Unless David himself talk, we’ll never know I guess. Unless…he responds….as…..anonymous…or….maybe….he already has?

5nznIjh.png

Back
Top Bottom