Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
What shocked me the most in the video is the band's attitude, acting like some milicians looking after the guilty, protecting their master's caprice. RIDICULOUS. Is this a concert or some kind of school playground ?

So, Morrissey has some sensibility. I also have. So does my little sister and even my butcher. The difference between these people and Morrissey is (should be) his ability to express sensibility into art, on a record or on stage.
But if Morrissey can’t do the job, he shouldn’t sell ticket concerts – especially in Poland where 150 zlotys is a lot of money, considering the standard of living.
I'll be in Krakow's show tonight.

I've studied the clip now a few times and his attitude and expression changed a few secs before 'Trafford' is heard. I think 'suck it' shouted loudly, caused his upset which was must have been taken a a homophobic insult. I thought this was quite clear.. Anyone with me on this?

I wonder where the Daily Mail got the cancer reference? Assuming the camera picked up the sounds around it or the loudest sounds, there could have been something nearer the front which the camera didn't pick up but which Morrissey himself heard clearly. He winces as if almost in physical pain at whatever it is he hears. Hard to watch as he looks confused and sad.

some dude - (sounds like) "Suck it!"
Moz - Well, do you mind.." (no reaction to suck it, wipes sweat from eyes)
(audience - noooo!)
some dude - "We miss you in Trufford!"
(some of the audience laughs, Jessie looks pissed)
Moz -"Well..is that funny?"
some lady - "Just speak Morrissey, just speak."
Moz - "That wasn't very nice."
some lady - "Trufford loves you."
some dude - We miss you in Old Trufford!"

Why is Moz so anti-Trufford? And why are all these c***s coming from Trufford? And why would that be enough to derail a show? Very weird.

Who the f*** gives a shit about old trafford anyway? He really doesn't give a shit where you're from. Just shut the f*** up and listen. People didn't buy tickets to listen to you, whoever you are... dick.

Last edited:
Anyone supporting Morrissey`s reaction is beyond help. His behaviour is 200% ridiculous.

I'm seeing reports that the heckler shouted, "Don't talk, just sing!" and/or "We miss you in Old Trafford," which Morrissey mistook as a disparaging remark.

As clarified by the footage posted on youtube.

Mystery solved.

I have spent my whole life in ruin/because of people who were not very nice

Watched the clip.

8:57 - Moz "...if you don't mind?"

9:00 - Male voice from audience "Suck it!"

9:01 - No reaction from Moz. He continues, "Do you mind?"

9:04 - Crowd cheering "No!!"
Male voice shouts something. THIS is the offending remark, Moz reacts immediately.
To me it sounds like he says "You're gonna try in Trafford!", possibly "You're gonna die in Trafford!". At first I thought he was shouting "traffic" but I think it is Trafford.

9:06 - Girl shouts "There is a light" but Moz is reacting to previous comment

9:08 - Moz "No.. is that funny?"

9:15 - Audience shouting various comments, "Trafford loves you!", "We miss you in Old Trafford", "We love you" etc etc

But the damage is done at 9:04

Moz is definitely reacting to "You're gonna ****** in Trafford" but I can't hear exactly what that word is. Anyone with sharper ears than I hear what is said?

As usual the roadies are scottish and they are wearing Hearts club logo polo tops.

Watched the clip.

Male voice shouts something. THIS is the offending remark, Moz reacts immediately.
To me it sounds like he says "You're gonna try in Trafford!", possibly "You're gonna die in Trafford!". At first I thought he was shouting "traffic" but I think it is Trafford.

9:15 - Audience shouting various comments, "Trafford loves you!", "We miss you in Old Trafford", "We love you" etc etc

Moz is definitely reacting to "You're gonna ****** in Trafford" but I can't hear exactly what that word is. Anyone with sharper ears than I hear what is said?

Whatever he says, a woman replies "No, he's all right." and someone else laughs.

Here is my take...

Morrissey hears the 'Trafford' comment. I believe it was something positive that was misheard by Morrissey. I don't know what he heard but nothing offensive was said. This clearly irritated him as he said 'is that funny?' and then he reacted again to a separate comment 'just say it' by saying 'that's not very nice'. I think the 'just say it' comment was a 'just ignore them' plea rather than a 'hurry up' demand!

One thing I wish had happened is that someone in the crowd would have had the bottle to say to the band during the witch hunt 'tell us what he heard that upset him and we will find the person who said it'. I honestly don't think Morrissey would have been able to answer that one. Maybe he's not well, maybe there is something he just couldn't deal with.

Watched the clip.

8:59 someone says ''f*** off'' ?

At the 9 minute 04 mark, someone shouts "Give it to him Trafford", which as a Morrissey explained on Twitter on Wednesday evening, he heard it as "Give it to him fluffier", which, understandably, he found offensive.

The stage is Morrissey's home; the one place where he feels safe and loved. As soon as he feels unloved and unsafe in his home, the concert is over. The good news is, today is a new day, and tonight Morrissey will once again feel safe and loved at home on a stage in Kraków. There is no reason to believe anything will happen to ruin this safety, and I even have a feeling that Moz might accept and wear a blue rose tonight, because despite what the masses believe, Morrissey loves the Blue arose Society, hence the reason he has accepted and worn a blue rose on every tour in the past two years - this isn't the thought of a fantasist, this is fact; see here: BlueRoseSociety.blogspot.com.

Morrissey is loved. Let's keep him safe.

If he is so concerned about safety and kindness YOU DOUCHEBAGS who lifted the blue rose idea from someone else then were not nice to that person are full of it . You keep on spreading your lies just for the sake of your own ego.It's OK to make him feel loved and safe then it's apparently OK to make others feel like crap if you have milked them for things that help support your own cause. You're AWFUL. I hope nobody pays attention to your shit. The way you treat people sucks. A person who LOST THEIR HOME is the one you stole that crap from but there isn't much empathy for others I suppose it is easy for you to trample people who are not well off.

I don't think he yells 'suck it' but 'siNNGG' it in a strong Northern accent with heavy stress on the end of the word

Watched the clip.

I agree with this timeline. I also hear die in traffic too. Maybe head split three ways was imagery bugging him if he heard traffic?

I'm not sure why Moz felt unsafe as far as I could tell the crowd looked half asleep.

"you're gonna die in traffic" unpleasant as it is, is a threat, but nothing "chauvinistic". As far as I understand this word, it's an old fashioned equivalent of "sexist" but I guess it can contain all types of "hate speech", but not common threats.

I definitely hear "You're gonna die in Trafford!" (or possibly "traffic"). Which could be interpreted as a death threat, thus the reason given that Moz didn't feel safe. If not "die" then what can the word be? "You're gonna die in Trafford/Traffic"? Or "You're going down in Trafford"? Also - the man shouting sounds rather angry. Another thing is when Morrissey asks "Is that funny?" someone in the crowd answers "No, not funny" so it would seem at least one other person heard the insult.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom