Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
Just back from the gig, here is my take.

First of all Morrissey was in great spirits, the band wore Poland football shirts and for the songs played sounded brilliant.
Moz then decided he was going to tell the audience a story, a yell of "....in old Trafford" from the audience. To me it sounded like a mancunian accent. Moz then replied "that wasn't very nice". Again a voice then clearly said this time, "we miss you in old Trafford". This was also confirmed by several other English people around me(after moz went off). Moz then sang staircase but with his back to the audience.

From what I gathered from talking to morrisseys security and crew(I was on the barrier) Morrissey was under the impression the person had shouted "f***/piss off back to old Trafford"

It's hard to say what the first shout was fully but the second shout was more of an appreciation from a mancunian who'd travelled a long way rather than an insult. That's just my take on what I heard

Yet, people keep getting angry and expecting more/better. Why do we expect the behaviour to change? I don't understand the logic - he's 54 - he will continue to do this until he hangs up his quiff.

Because we don't understand the mentality or attitude, it's not how life is, if something was said to you in your everyday life at work maybe, that you took exception to, you'd shrug it of and get on with you're job. We find it difficult to make sense of it when something so small causes so much grief. Those around him do him no favours.

This has been the most dramatic year in Morrissey history...at least in terms of what has been allowed to slide into public view. I would hope for an untheatrical 2015, however, it appears the Man thrives on drama.

f*** it.

Because we don't understand the mentality or attitude, it's not how life is, if something was said to you in your everyday life at work maybe, that you took exception to, you'd shrug it of and get on with you're job. We find it difficult to make sense of it when something so small causes so much grief. Those around him do him no favours.

This is true. It's also true that I never expect Morrissey to react to anything in the same way that the average person does, though…for better or worse. This time, I unfortunately think it's for the worse.

Honestly, going to a concert only to throw shit at the singer or shout insults at him isn't any more strange than compulsively and incessantly going on a fan site only to repeatedly insult the artist to whom the site is dedicated.
Use yer loaves...

I feel sorry for Morrissey. He deserves so much better.

I wonder if he's hard of hearing?

Must be nice to have enough free time and money to go to shows only to be rude to the performers and get kicked out.

Did you shrink down low when fingers started being pointed your direction? I'd have died a thousand deaths from worry that they'd all think I was the jerk in the crowd when it was really the guy in front of me. My throat is tight just thinking about that! How'd you handle that?

It beats being poor in Philadelphia

Considering this isn't the first time he's misheard someone, it's very possible.

He's been performing shows for over 30 years. He also had been in the studio with headphones on, and I'm sure he listens to a ton of music at a high volume at home/in his car. That has wreck your hearing.

The generation before him-Eric Clapton, Pete Townshend, are all half deaf or more.

Considering this isn't the first time he's misheard someone, it's very possible.

He's been performing shows for over 30 years. He also had been in the studio with headphones on, and I'm sure he listens to a ton of music at a high volume at home/in his car. That has wreck your hearing.

The generation before him-Eric Clapton, Pete Townshend, are all half deaf or more.

But the band seems to be backing up that it was an insult? Of course they could all be hard of hearing too, seems to go with the territory of their profession. :D

Just back from the gig, here is my take.

First of all Morrissey was in great spirits, the band wore Poland football shirts and for the songs played sounded brilliant.
Moz then decided he was going to tell the audience a story, a yell of "....in old Trafford" from the audience. To me it sounded like a mancunian accent. Moz then replied "that wasn't very nice". Again a voice then clearly said this time, "we miss you in old Trafford". This was also confirmed by several other English people around me(after moz went off). Moz then sang staircase but with his back to the audience.

From what I gathered from talking to morrisseys security and crew(I was on the barrier) Morrissey was under the impression the person had shouted "f***/piss off back to old Trafford"

It's hard to say what the first shout was fully but the second shout was more of an appreciation from a mancunian who'd travelled a long way rather than an insult. That's just my take on what I heard

I know this is an anonymous comment, but it's a very even-measured report that confirms the "Old Trafford" comment. Video will confirm everything though.

Pathetic. All the anti-authority rhetoric he spews and he can't even take a drunken comment?

"I took his insults on the chin. And never did I flinch." Not so, apparently.

Last edited:
MEDIA COVERAGE:

cut & paste Google translate

http://www.polskieradio.pl/5/3/Arty...zerwal-koncert-w-Warszawie-Bo-zostal-obrazony

Morrissey stopped a concert in Warsaw. Because I was offended

polskieradio.pl

11/19/2014

Morrissey resigned from the show in the Barn in the middle of the concert

Former leader of the band The Smiths broke concert Stodola Club in Warsaw, claiming that someone in the audience insulted him. On Friday, to occur in the Krakow Theatre Bath, but this performance also is questionable.

Morrissey left the stage after about half an hour from the start of the show. The audience came a representative of the artist, who apologized and said that Morrissey did not feel safe - tells gazeta.pl.

According to the website, the audience applause encouraged the singer to return, but it did not work. It is expected that the statement of the artist, as well as the organizer, who will explain whether it will pay the money for the tickets.

This is not the first case of breaking concert by Morrissey. In 2009, in Liverpool he left the stage in the middle of the second song. The reason was that someone threw a plastic bottle to him.

A year later, at the Coachella festival a concert interrupted because the scene smelled the meat of the set near the grill. He explained that because it is a vegetarian, it does not tolerate such odors.

Even if so, even if he mistook "I love you Morrissey!" For "youre a f***ing c*** and I'm gonna strangle your mother" I don't agree with stopping a whole gig. Kick an abusive fan out like he has done in the past but God with the amount of venom he spits at certain people he should be able to take a bit of it back and pay a bit of respect for all the people who paid good money to see him and would condem anyone for abusing him and are on his side. Just weak.

But the band seems to be backing up that it was an insult? Of course they could all be hard of hearing too, seems to go with the territory of their profession. :D

Best post of the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if so, even if he mistook "I love you Morrissey!" For "youre a f***ing c*** and I'm gonna strangle your mother" I don't agree with stopping a whole gig. Kick an abusive fan out like he has done in the past but God with the amount of venom he spits at certain people he should be able to take a bit of it back and pay a bit of respect for all the people who paid good money to see him and would condem anyone for abusing him and are on his side. Just weak.

Changed my mind, this is best post of thread.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom