Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
This was the worst part! You are right - he was in a radiant mood. He looked like he really wanted to interact and enjoy himself ...but... the mood changed very quickly as soon as the 'just say it' comment was made. It was like a switch flicked. It really pi**ed him off!

That same switch flicks with the crowd too, that's why I get nervous when he steps in and gets groped by them no matter how "gentle" they are. One person can switch it and he's be literally ravaged. I've seen it happen a thousand times on this end. It's sooooooo dangerous.

THis interaction goes to show how real Morrissey's relationship with d'grace feels to him.

I think Morrissey cops an unwarranted amount of shit sometimes due to 'Morrissey being Morrissey' however this time he's misjudged badly. Someone needs to take him aside and tell him to harden the f*** up.

I was at Stodola on the concert, I didn't hear that offensive comment from the audience, but it took at least two seconds - two or three words at most! Might it be SO offensive?? Does Morrissey know that polish is completely different to english? It may have been a typical misunderstanding - someone tried to say even something nice, or funny to Morrissey, but he (or she?) couldn't do it in proper way, because of lots of emotions, because of the noise, etc... Cancel the whole concert because of it???

Sometimes there are maniacs on the rock concert who cannot resist not to screem offensive comments toward the stage through three or more songs or between songs... And in Warsaw there were few words and concert was cancelled. Unbelievable!

I think Morrissey cops an unwarranted amount of shit sometimes due to 'Morrissey being Morrissey' however this time he's misjudged badly. Someone needs to take him aside and tell him to harden the f*** up.

Psst, Morrissey, please grow a spine. If not for yourself, do it for the fans.

The people who've said things like this in the past don't last long in the camp. I think the amount of shit he gets is warranted. He knows that people travel for shows. He reads these boards. He doesn't care.

Psst, Morrissey, please grow a spine. If not for yourself, do it for the fans.

He has a penis, he doesn't need to grow one but this is some really good shit to prove some HAHA funny gold. THanks.

"Morrissey's management claim he didn't feel safe on stage."

If the above is true, if, will he feel safer in Krakow now that there are a few thousand Polish people unhappy with him? I half expect Krakow to be cancelled.

Last edited:
See where you are coming from BG - but there won't be a single unhappy person in Krakow - they'll either be different people, who are happy - or people who went to the gig tonight, who are just happy to see him at all.

He'll be a hero for playing again in Poland.

Last edited:
Dotarłam do sceny i do Jacka już po zakończeniu - zaraz po tym jak odeszłaś - pytałam o Ciebie.
Nie jadę do Krakowa, będziesz?

I only got to the stage and to Jacek after the end of the gig, right after you left - I even asked if you where there.
I am not going to Kraków, are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Dotarłam do sceny i do Jacka już po zakończeniu - zaraz po tym jak odeszłaś - pytałam o Ciebie.
Nie jadę do Krakowa, będziesz?

I only got to the stage and to Jacek after the end of the gig, right after you left - I even asked if you where there.
I am not going to Kraków, are you?
Będę.Szkoda ze cie nie bedzie:(:(Ale szkoda zesmy sie minely.Poplakalam sie potem.Strasznie mi smutno.

There were not many people recording the gig, actually I was pleased to not to be placed behind a wall of cells....

He has reacted in the right way before....it was only a day ago I watched the "we don't need you here, just go! " incident. He steeled himself and launched into 'some girls...' with fire in the belly and the crowd on his side. I love Morrissey but do wish he'd realise that punishing the rest of the audience for one imbecile's actions is really hard on those who have waited so long and in many cases travelled so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
A spines not all of the problem, he doesn't live where the majority of us live. He surrounds himself with sycophants like a hollywood premadonna Boz and other band members seem to revel in jumping to his aid, even when they don't know why. How can "just say it" or "We miss you at old trafford " be offensive? they don't no either but they'll get involved at the drop of a hat. He has to understand it is possible to mishear a yelled comment from a crowd, especially in a foreign country, he's a 54 year old man, not a child, he's beyond the point where he can be told to grow up.

He has reacted in the right way before....it was only a day ago I watched the "we don't need you here, just give! " incident. He steeled himself and launched into 'some girls...' with fire in the belly and the crowd on his side. I love Morrissey but do wish he'd realise that punishing the rest of the audience for one imbecile's actions is really hard on those who have waited so long and in many cases travelled so far.

What is this other incident you are evoking ?

He has reacted in the right way before....it was only a day ago I watched the "we don't need you here, just give! " incident. He steeled himself and launched into 'some girls...' with fire in the belly and the crowd on his side. I love Morrissey but do wish he'd realise that punishing the rest of the audience for one imbecile's actions is really hard on those who have waited so long and in many cases travelled so far.

Link please?

A spines not all of the problem, he doesn't live where the majority of us live. He surrounds himself with sycophants like a hollywood premadonna Boz and other band members seem to revel in jumping to his aid, even when they don't know why. How can "just say it" or "We miss you at old trafford " be offensive? they don't no either but they'll get involved at the drop of a hat. He has to understand it is possible to mishear a yelled comment from a crowd, especially in a foreign country, he's a 54 year old man, not a child, he's beyond the point where he can be told to grow up.

Yet, people keep getting angry and expecting more/better. Why do we expect the behaviour to change? I don't understand the logic - he's 54 - he will continue to do this until he hangs up his quiff.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom