Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
Boz came out and said we don't need the insults so f*** off

Gustavo later came out and said if the people who shouted leave, moz will continue. Eventually someone left but I think it was just a self sacrifice, too late anyway

That place looks like a village hall. Perhaps the WI wanted the stage back early for the raffle.

Morrissey: "I have something to say..."
Something shouted from crowd.
Morrissey: "That wasn't very nice" or "That wasn't funny"
Played "Staircase at the University"
Morrissey disappeared from stage before the end of the song. Shortly after the song ended then the band walked off.
Moments later the band returned to stage to say that they didn't travel that far to be insulted and the demanded the person be removed so that Morrissey would return. Someone appeared to walk out but after a further wait an announcement was made in English that the show over.

Maybe he heard many and repeated insults ? It seems to be if I believe what I read

Boz came out and said we don't need the insults so f*** off

Gustavo later came out and said if the people who shouted leave, moz will continue. Eventually someone left but I think it was just a self sacrifice, too late anyway

Thanks for clarifying, NC.

Clover Dean Ⓜ️ ‏@MozzeriansATW 9 minil y a 9 minutes

Gustavo: "He loves Poland & 1 POS to ruin it for M, us, & the Polish people. Heartbreaking" #morrissey #warsaw #gustavomanzur
0 réponse 5 Retweets 2 favoris

Clover Dean Ⓜ️ ‏@MozzeriansATW 10 minil y a 10 minutes

Gustavo: "pissed. M doesn't deserve that kind of abuse. sincerely angry. He loves Poland & 1 POS to ruin it for M, us" #morrissey #warsaw

So, one guy seems involved ?

When I hear of things like this, I like to bring up Jean Jacques Burnel dealing with a goon in the audience.

P.

That's the way to deal with it. I saw Paul Heaton do something similar in Cardiff once when some dickhead threw an almost full can of lager at him. You'd think a Beautiful South gig might have been a relaxed affair. Sadly not.

Burnel is a black belt in... one of those pyjama things... and singlehandedly beat up a boy band called Flintlock which had affronted him in some way circa 1976. He's great. How can we engineer a Stranglers / One Direction TV appearance?

Last edited by a moderator:
someone shouted "we miss you in trafford" and "we love you in trafford", but that cant be the reason can it?

And just when he was doing relatively well.

Helsinki was this tour's peak. It's all downhill from here.

Morrissey acting like a diva is nothing new. But what he has done is beyond my comprehension. I don't even feel like going to the Kraków gig now, though I probably will since I'm kind of curious as to what's going to happen.

You do not knwo everything but yes, "diva" is the right term.

I'm sure that Krakow will be ok. This incident won't happen again.

I don't get the point of going to a concert and provoking the singer you went to hear ? I hope the guy was totally drunk to justify that kind of behaviour !

What a thin-skinned sissy. Imagine being in his inner circle. I am certain they all walk on eggshells 24/7--emotional hostages to the man.

I do think it's a bit much for him to flounce off because of what one person (might have) said. By doing so he's letting down several dozen completely innocent people.

Although I admire Boorer generally he didn't cover himself in glory either.

We should have known something was off when he came out in the white sweatpants and black shirt.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

After "Oboe concerto", this is the "Pocket concerto"

- - - Updated - - -

I do think it's a bit much for him to flounce off because of what one person (might have) said. By doing so he's letting down several dozen completely innocent people.

I love Mozz but I totally agree. Why didn't he told about the guy to shut up or leave ? Many people were happy to be there, and saw just 5 songs.

The guy in the audience is a jerk, but Mozz is not ok at all by responding to him that way

I don't get the point of going to a concert and provoking the singer you went to hear ? I hope the guy was totally drunk to justify that kind of behaviour !

Didn't the good people of Lincoln (?) provoke him last year by doing absolutely nothing wrong? Perhaps there was another Morrissey misunderstanding tonight. We know he has form for it.

Is that how many were at the gig? :lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom