Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
Just read this on Twitter, the gig was apparently stopped tonight by Morrissey :

obserwacje ‏@obserwacje 11 minil y a 11 minutes Varsovie

#morrissey stopped his concert cause he fell insulted. A few thousand people too:-(

I suppose Mozz will be much critized for this ?

Another tweet :

Robert Clark ‏@trueblueclarky 28 minil y a 28 minutes

@JamiePover someone said something to Morrissey - he's stormed off after 5 songs, probably won't come back!

And this one :

Brian GeorgeⓂ️ ‏@MOZISMYSHEPHERD 8 minil y a 8 minutes

Nothing worse than that one Dick at a Morrissey Show- feel bad for the people there. #sorry

This is truly sad for everybody : the singer, the audience. What the hell happened ?

This read too :

Paul Evans ‏@evvopaul 7 minil y a 7 minutes Varsovie

#Morrissey's management claim he didn't feel safe on stage. I can't say I saw much danger but each to their own. #morrissey

Dan ‏@Suedehead1990 29 minil y a 29 minutes

Feel sorry for the #Morrissey fans in Poland tonight. There's always 1 arsehole that ruins it for everybody

Last edited:
When I hear of things like this, I like to bring up Jean Jacques Burnel dealing with a goon in the audience.

P.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seeing reports that the heckler shouted, "Don't talk, just sing!" and/or "We miss you in Old Trafford," which Morrissey mistook as a disparaging remark.

Ok. I will tread very carefully because I know that any criticism of Morrissey is a cause for great emotive out pouring! I love Morrissey's music but I also have the ability to be objective....

Let me tell you what happened....

Morrissey said to the audience 'Do you mind if I tell you something!?' Everyone responded 'no!'

One person shouted 'just tell us'. I was about 20 yards from him. At that point Morrissey said 'that's not very nice'! He looked p*ssed off and at that point I knew he had lost his appetite for finishing the gig!

Here is where I may be wrong:

Did someone else say something MORE offensive that I didn't hear!? Well, No! Here is the reason why....

Nobody heard anything offensive otherwise the band would have immediately responded and / or the loyal fans around the bloke would have said something. Secondly, none of the band quoted what was said that was meant to have been so offensive. It is my summation that Morrissey reacted to the 'just say it' comment.

Is it alright for him to abandon a gig in a country where so few fans get to see him and walk off stage leaving thousands short changed because of one mildly irritating comment that grazed his delicate ego!? I don't think so either. I believe the 'he didn't feel safe' line is just a cover for the fact that he didn't fancy completing the gig because someone made a comment that irritated his hugely delicate ego.

I also predict that 'no one' and I mean 'no one' on this forum can tell usthis threatening / insulting comment that was made? Why? Because it never happened and it was a lie fabricated to justify the reason why he walked off and shat on his fans!

Ok. I will tread very carefully because I know that any criticism of Morrissey is a cause for great emotive out pouring! I love Morrissey's music but I also have the ability to be objective....

Let me tell you what happened....

Morrissey said to the audience 'Do you mind if I tell you something!?' Everyone responded 'no!'

One person shouted 'just tell us'. I was about 20 yards from him. At that point Morrissey said 'that's not very nice'! He looked p*ssed off and at that point I knew he had lost his appetite for finishing the gig!

Here is where I may be wrong:

Did someone else say something MORE offensive that I didn't hear!? Well, No! Here is the reason why....

Nobody heard anything offensive otherwise the band would have immediately responded and / or the loyal fans around the bloke would have said something. Secondly, none of the band quoted what was said that was meant to have been so offensive. It is my summation that Morrissey reacted to the 'just say it' comment.

Is it alright for him to abandon a gig in a country where so few fans get to see him and walk off stage leaving thousands short changed because of one mildly irritating comment that grazed his delicate ego!? I don't think so either. I believe the 'he didn't feel safe' line is just a cover for the fact that he didn't fancy completing the gig because someone made a comment that irritated his hugely delicate ego.

I also predict that 'no one' and I mean 'no one' on this forum can tell usthis threatening / insulting comment that was made? Why? Because it never happened and it was a lie fabricated to justify the reason why he walked off and shat on his fans!

If you're right (I remain prudent), all this is shocking from Morrissey. There's no justification cancelling the gig at all.

If it is not the real reason to give up, what is the real one ?

If it never happened, why did you bother to preface your statements by saying "Here is where I may be wrong"?

And are you saying Boz didn't come out and say something?

I heard an Englishman yelled out, "why don't you just go back to old trafford". which set him off and he left.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when crazy irene was throwing lit cigarettes at people at the Roundhouse and called Morrissey an FN nazi..security started swarming everywhere to find her :straightface:

this almost happened when i saw him as well. someone said just sing and he almost walked but instead asked the crowed if they wanted him to stay and we just shouted the guy out the door. gotta say i would be tempted to go say something to the guy who got my show abandoned. probably be getting beat up but id have to say something

- - - Updated - - -

this almost happened when i saw him as well. someone said just sing and he almost walked but instead asked the crowed if they wanted him to stay and we just shouted the guy out the door. gotta say i would be tempted to go say something to the guy who got my show abandoned. probably be getting beat up but id have to say something

- - - Updated - - -

I just got back from the concert. Morrissey played the following songs :

The Queen Is Dead
Speedway
Suedehead
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Staircase At The University

Before "Staircase", he told the crowd that he "wanted to say something". People started shouting lots of various stuff, ranging from "Shut up and play", to "Go on". Apparently, somebody shouted something about traffic in Manchester or something like that - I didn't hear that myself, but there were what sounded like two guys with a Scottish accent (definitely not Polish, unless they were really good at imitating foreign accents) to the left of me who shouted stuff which I couldn't really understand due to the accent. Before starting the song, Morrissey said "That wasn't nice" and went on with it.

After "Staircase", Morrissey was nowhere to be found. After approximately half an hour of shouting and yelling "Come back", the organizer's representative said something along those lines :
"I'm very sorry to be the one to break the sad news to you. Morrissey is very upset about what happened. He felt unsafe on stage and left the building, and is now on his way to Kraków".

The box office near the entrance to the club posted up a note saying that "Eventual ticket refund information will be posted on the livenation.pl page".

Morrissey acting like a diva is nothing new. But what he has done is beyond my comprehension. I don't even feel like going to the Kraków gig now, though I probably will since I'm kind of curious as to what's going to happen.

When I hear of things like this, I like to bring up Jean Jacques Burnel dealing with a goon in the audience.

P.

Going to a concert, throwing beer at the guitarist or singer. What kind of stupidness is this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey: "I have something to say..."
Something shouted from crowd.
Morrissey: "That wasn't very nice" or "That wasn't funny"
Played "Staircase at the University"
Morrissey disappeared from stage before the end of the song. Shortly after the song ended then the band walked off.
Moments later the band returned to stage to say that they didn't travel that far to be insulted and the demanded the person be removed so that Morrissey would return. Someone appeared to walk out but after a further wait an announcement was made in English that the show over.

I was there, he was upset before the old Trafford comment because was already saying 'is that nice?'

Lots of people crying

Not good

- - - Updated - - -

And he sang staircase with his back to the audience

If it never happened, why did you bother to preface your statements by saying "Here is where I may be wrong"?

And are you saying Boz didn't come out and say something?

'I may be wrong' is a caveat in case there are a number of people who all support the same offensive statement that was made. If several people can corroborate the story that something insulting / offensive was said then I will stand corrected. Maybe it was something I didn't hear. Without repeating myself why did no one from the band specify what was said and / or react at the time? Yes, the band asked that the 'culprit' be pointed out yet didn't specify what had been said. Why did no one around the area where the man was say something!? If someone shouted something offensive it doesn't take much imagination to realise that they would have instantly been pointed out when asked by the band. I know I would have done! Based on all the facts I would say that it appears that nothing offensive was said.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom