Wanted: Hand in Glove 'Negative Sleeve' UK 7" single

DPM

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum. Hello!

I have been collecting Smiths vinyl for a while now, and am chasing a copy of 'Hand in Glove 'Negative Sleeve' UK 7" Single'. I know they are worth a fortune. Does anyone have one they want to part with or know of anyone that might? I want one desperately.

Looking forward to replies...

Welcome, guy.

You know it's not as easy to get one as it's be.
I've just made a search and I've found nothing.
Then, you can try to get in touch with some seller in here... and get your copy through another forum.

Good luck with that.

That is what I was going to say. Good luck finding one.It is like saying, I am looking for The Smiths show on reel to reel when they play The Cookies cover. There are people on here who have some, but I don't think they are going to sell there copy. There are people on this forum, me included, who have been looking for a copy for years. The last copy I remember being sold was in 2006 and it sold for 920GBP. So good luck in your hunt.

I remember last year someone who visits this forum occasionally (I honestly do not remember) was asking something like £ 1500...This vinyl is the Jewel of The Crown for any Smiths collector, I suppose.
Cheers Moz

I know my quest won't be easy, but I thought I would throw it our there and see what comes back! Price is no objective! I must have one!

Hey mate.....

JOIN THE QUEUE ;)

By the way I would buy the neg sleeve for 1500 pounds in an instance!

I know my quest won't be easy, but I thought I would throw it our there and see what comes back! Price is no objective! I must have one!

Update, I have remembered the guy's name(had a look in my inbox). It was BUCKSBOY who said: if I were to sell it I would want mega bucks for it. 5 K at least.
Oh well, if the price is no objective....
Cheers Moz

I am actually one of the lucky few who has the Negative Sleeve. Bought it in 1994 after placing an ad in the Records Wanted Section in Record Collector. Paid £150 for it when RC valued it at £75. I had gone down this route before and never got a reply. I hoped to tempt someone into selling by offering double the market value. It worked thankfully. It's in perfect condition and looks amazing.

I wonder how full Bainy's inbox is going to get with offers to liberate him of his HIG Neg...

There are a few soloists that have a copy (or at least had a copy when they posted) and a few people have had a few pass through their hands on the way to someone else. I find it impossible to think that all of the 25 or so are in the hands of collectors who will never let them go... life moves on, and that plastic disc could be swapped for something better like a deposit on a house, a new car, or a jet ski... :p

Alas, I was keen to buy one a couple of years ago when I had a cash windfall burning a hole in my pocket... but now the cash has gone on other items... I wonder how much I could get for my left kidney?

Dave

I havent seen a copy for sale in the past couple of years. I would imagine most copies will be in hands of collectors now. I couldn't part with my copy as it means so much to me!

I will let you know if I see a copy for sale anywhere.

I don't think anyone who has one would even blink at that offer.
Very true: those who own a copy and would consider selling it just wanna make as much as they can out of it even if it means waiting for a long time as even in 50 years time this vinyl will be very much sought after.
Cheers Moz

I appreciate everyone's input. I only said I would start at 2000, I didn't say where I would finish!

Back
Top Bottom