Vulture article: Johnny Marr on the Best of the Smiths, His Solo Career, and Fever Dreams Pts 1–4 (February 2, 2022)

Excerpt:

Something about making The Queen Is Dead you’ve never shared publicly

The Smiths have been pretty much done to death really by everyone who was involved, and plenty of people who weren’t. It’s a shame that so much was said without the benefit of maturity and hindsight and that there were so many agendas going around for so many years. But I guess it’s all part of the band’s kind of complicated story [annotation].

The truth was that there was loads of love in it. So maybe that’s the story that everybody is missing. Maybe that’s a surprise that everybody who is still interested needs to be reminded of: One of the reasons why they liked the sound of it and why it sounds the way it does is because there’s so much love in it. And there was love in the making of it. There was love in the writing of it. And sure, there was drama, but what you hear was a result of stone-cold love.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just an unfortunate wet dream some people are having in which there is a scenario that Morrissey is losing fans here in the US, it's actually the opposite.
Some of you know as much about that as you do our politics, but that doesn't stop you from continually posting your uneducated and immature opinions.
Easy there, ISOS.

Quite basically, EVERYONE in the entire world knows more than they need to about YOUR politics, divisiveness and penchant for violence.

Are you that microcosmically deluded?

Wing-nut MurriKKKans are the laughingstock of the world. You know where you can stick your “politics”, right Kiddo? 🤪

I think Morrissey's solo work is far more adventurous than Marr's. "Dog" is a whole new exploration sonically and stylistically, even close to electronic dance music. Whatever else Morrissey does he allows his creative collaborators a lot of freedom to explore which leads to unexpected and often thrilling results. No one can tell me that "Once I Saw The River Clean" or "The Secret of Music" could be pulled off by anyone other than him. That said, if he could get his head out of his arse re: "Con-vid" and flirting with the fascist right, he'd been a lot more relatable. Perhaps he just likes being a CONTRARIAN. That's okay, but it's not a consistent philosophical position.

Easy there, ISOS.

Quite basically, EVERYONE in the entire world knows more than they need to about YOUR politics, divisiveness and penchant for violence.

Are you that microcosmically deluded?

Wing-nut MurriKKKans are the laughingstock of the world. You know where you can stick your “politics”, right Kiddo? 🤪
The Incel contingent speaks

I think Morrissey's solo work is far more adventurous than Marr's. "Dog" is a whole new exploration sonically and stylistically, even close to electronic dance music. Whatever else Morrissey does he allows his creative collaborators a lot of freedom to explore which leads to unexpected and often thrilling results. No one can tell me that "Once I Saw The River Clean" or "The Secret of Music" could be pulled off by anyone other than him. That said, if he could get his head out of his arse re: "Con-vid" and flirting with the fascist right, he'd been a lot more relatable. Perhaps he just likes being a CONTRARIAN. That's okay, but it's not a consistent philosophical position.
You obviously have not listened to any of Marr’s solo work.

:)

FFS this is not news, LePepePew lives victoriously thru Moz. if you read thru the line in Moz open letter he is aware the dumb pep is no capable of stopping.o_O
he has issues and cannot stop:straightface:

Moz just put the💡on the twat so peeps can observe his nuttiness:crazy:

:hammer:

Oh look, here's another cover story! Do you think there will be further communication from his Mozness on this?

I don't think so, that open letter seemed to be final, I don't think Moz will ever address Johnny again, he wound him up pretty good already

You obviously have not listened to any of Marr’s solo work.
I'm talking specifically about solo work under his own name. Marr's work with The The, Electronic, Modest Mouse is terrific.

But as a songwriter? There are problems...

But I've also said that Marr's live band does the Smiths better than Morrissey's band. Marr's singing is much improved. His guitar work is exquisite and his signature guitar model is fantastic. It's the best, most versatile live sound he's ever had.

Many different things can be true at the same time.

I don't think so, that open letter seemed to be final, I don't think Moz will ever address Johnny again, he wound him up pretty good already

Thats good then, let him get on with his life and let Johnny get on with his. I take it this means you can get on with yours now as well.

:)

how many LePep interviews about Moz should we expect over the weekend?😎

:hammer:

Morrissey: My freedom of speech is being attacked! Let me say what I want!
Also Morrissey: Johnny is not allowed to speak about me. :paranoid:
Moz complained because Johnny always names him, but most of the time he doesn't speak well, Moz wants him to name him if he's going to say anything positive about him, but he doesn't forbid Marr to name him, it's just that, but evidently Johnny doesn't listen to him

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom