VulgarPicture.com

Flax

So.... songsthatmadeyousmile.com has been down for a while, as I've been doing some major reconstruction.

In the beginning most 12"s have been photographed, but I wasn't very satisfied with the quality, so now they're all being scanned. It's a lengthy process, since I don't have a big scanner. Therefore, each 12" has to be scanned in 4 parts and then put together seamlessly.

There are still a few 12"s on the site that have been photographed, like: Everyday Is Like Sunday, You're The One For Me, Tomorrow, etc. These will be updated randomly.

I've been adding images almost every week, so the website ended up getting quite heavy, with over 240 Smiths images and 430 Morrissey images.

So the format changed completely.

The name also changed to something shorter and easier to remember:
Vulgar Picture​

Last edited:
Thanks!

and just so you know... you're all required to buy bigger monitors by 2010, since I have only room for the year 2009 on the menu. :)

Is that it? Call yourself a collector!

Seriously though, great work :) Puts mine to shame :(

A brilliant site, but why does it say 12" under the LPs?;)

A brilliant site, but why does it say 12" under the LPs?;)

yes but that's correct isn't it? It also says 10" under the corresponding LP's.

love

Grim

yes but that's correct isn't it? It also says 10" under the corresponding LP's.

love

Grim

Surely it says 10" when it is one of the 10" versions of the albums - released much later (mid 90's) but they do belong with the originals as they look slightly different because there is a number on each one.

And, yes, LP's are 12" so I suppose it is correct to label them as such.

Flax, are you looking for help in filling in the gaps? Or is this just about your own collection? I'm no completist, but I do have some that you don't seem to have (NY This Charming Man, a blue Sheila, and all 4 of the 7" Stop Me If...) From memory I remember UnkleSkinny posting additional Hand in gloves (various addresses and "Sleeve By Morrissey" or "Sleeve by The Smiths").

I'm not trying to mussle in, if this is just about your collection and you will add to it as your collection grows then that is fine. But if it is an attempt at capturing all of the art work from the Smiths & Morrissey back catalogue then I'm sure there will be plenty of Solo-volunteers willing to scan / photograph their items to add to this fantastic site.

Dave

Excellent! :)

Tags
collectors photo totally awesome
Back
Top Bottom