Vulgar interviewer questioning Johnny

Was Marr having a go at Morrissey when he said that writing songs about someone you worked with 16 years ago is showbiz? I'm sure some Morrissey songs are about Marr-maybe not recently but in his first few years of "soloism"

I always thought Billy Budd was about Marr.

"Now its 12 years on. "

I also think a bunch of Bona Drag is about Marr too, "He knows" and "lucky lisp" for sure.

Was Marr having a go at Morrissey when he said that writing songs about someone you worked with 16 years ago is showbiz? I'm sure some Morrissey songs are about Marr-maybe not recently but in his first few years of "soloism"
Or maybe that's what Marr would like to believe ;)

I thought it was simply an answer to the interviewer's silly question.

Then again, it isn't any sillier than constantly claiming that Morrissey is always writing songs about Marr, is it? :rolleyes:

Why do many people think "Lucky Lisp" is a Marr song? I always figured it was about Moz himself, as he was the lisper.

Seriously, I'm really interested, I just don't instinctively see it.

Why do many people think "Lucky Lisp" is a Marr song? I always figured it was about Moz himself, as he was the lisper.

Seriously, I'm really interested, I just don't instinctively see it.
Moz a lisper?? :confused:

I don't know who the song was about, but it's all speculation in any case. I remember someone on this forum once claimed it was about Shawn Duggan (I hope I've spelled it right) and that "Girl Least Likely To" was about Jo O'Keefe. Which may or may not be true... I honestly have no idea...

However, I do assume that Morrissey has met a few people over the course of his life, so not every one of his songs has to be about a former band member. ;)

Back
Top Bottom