Vote Morrissey

I've just got round to voting in this very important poll. :rolleyes:

I couldn't help but notice that every other singer has at least a perfunctory word or two about his/her power or influence, but all Morrissey has is a silly bit about his "gladioli wielding followers." I find that rather sad, somehow, that they've boiled it down to this - as if the man's lyrical ability, vocal talents or singular persona are somehow secondary to the insanity of his fans.

Besides, I've never wielded a gladiolus in my life.

Last edited:
I've just got round to voting in this very important poll. :rolleyes:

I couldn't help but notice that every other singer has at least a perfunctory word or two about his/her power or influence, but all Morrissey has is a silly bit about his "gladioli wielding followers." I find that rather sad, somehow, that they've boiled it down to this - as if the man's lyrical ability, vocal talents or singular persona are somehow secondary to the insanity of his fans.

Besides, I've never wielded a gladiolus in my life.

That perturbed me slightly too. It seems that a lot of people who write about him briefly are just lazy and stick to the "fanatical" fans and flower waving (especially as the latter was 20-odd years ago).

That said, flower waving does look like fun. I may have to try it some time. :D

Today is the last day for voting, as per
http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_100529_01 .

The final programme's on this Saturday and will feature results: -

According to a BBC press release, the sixth episode of I'm In A Rock 'N' Roll Band will be broadcast on Saturday, 5 June, at 10 p.m. on BBC Two, and will announce the top three favorites in each of the online polls for the series.

As previously posted, the polls include a best singers poll, in which Morrissey is one of the 10 singers shortlisted, and a best bands poll, in which the Smiths are one of the 10 bands shortlisted.

Voting is still open at the BBC website.

Please visit www.bbc.co.uk/rocknrollband/singers/ for details of how to vote for Morrissey, and www.bbc.co.uk/rocknrollband/best-band/ for details of how to vote for the Smiths.

Update: Please note that online voting will close on Thursday, 3 June, at 1:30 a.m. (BST).

The sixth episode of the series will also invite viewers to vote by telephone for favorites in each of the poll categories. -

It says it's not available in my area...what are the results?

Re: Vote Johnny

Jeez, that's a tough one.

Much as I love J. Marr, I think it's gonna have to be Jimi Hendrix for me; it's apples and oranges, really.

J. Marr was breathtaking, but Jimi was divine.

Okay, well, you're wrong :) but even if you unaccountably insist on living in abject foolhardiness at least give Guitars his due. It's a case of divine apples and divine oranges. Marr is Pan to Hendrix's Loki. Respek divinity: Marr's size three booties don't touch the ground when he walks and don'tcha forget it. :guitar:

Not available on my area :(

I think you can foget it for The Smiths. Suggs was on the Danny Baker show this morning (he'll be on the show later doing an Ian Dury song), and he let slip that the top three bands are Queen, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles.

Peter

I think you can foget it for The Smiths. Suggs was on the Danny Baker show this morning (he'll be on the show later doing an Ian Dury song), and he let slip that the top three bands are Queen, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles.

Peter

:mad:

Still a chance that Moz/Johnny might get singer/guitarist though.

Disappointingly the series descended into juvenile apeing towards the end, and you were in with a chance if you had too much testosterone in your blood stream! :rolleyes:

I nmissed the first 20 minutes or so. Just saw a load of guff about Led Zep. Were The Smiths or Moz actually mentioned on the show at all?

No mention of them. Not even from Marc Radcliffe. There was a very brief clip of Johnny talking about guitarists - but it was a repeat of the clip from the original programme.

Dave

Peter

Well he said it in the wrong order, it should have been The Beatles, then Queen, then Led Zeppelin out of those three. Everyone knows The Beatles are the best.

Tags
bbc poll best band the smiths
Back
Top Bottom