Vote Morrissey

Voted. May the best band and singer win! By which I mean, let The Smiths and Morrissey win. :)

Oh dear, "Are any other singer's fans as devoted as Morrissey's gladioli wielding followers?"

Jim Kerr "There was nothing like The Smiths and there was nothing like the poetry of Morrissey"

And with Billy Bragg backing The Smiths - they are sure to win the vote - when has Billy ever backed a loser? :lbf::lbf::lbf:

Dave

This show was the very definition of 'standardised and unoriginal', right down to the 'top bloke' narration by top bloke du jour Mark Radcliffe. Sick to death of these 'greatest ever rock'n'roll shows' where the 'Greats' are defined by what footage you can pay the rights for and who's available for beautifully lit interview.
Jarvis Cocker as one of the 10 greatest lead singers of the last half century of pop history? Seriously? He'd be lucky to trouble a footnote.
And didn't the BBC just do one of these historys of rock recently?
If I were a 16 year old who happened to catch this last night I'd run out and buy a chess set.
'abstain'
:rolleyes: obviously

This show was the very definition of 'standardised and unoriginal', right down to the 'top bloke' narration by top bloke du jour Mark Radcliffe. Sick to death of these 'greatest ever rock'n'roll shows' where the 'Greats' are defined by what footage you can pay the rights for and who's available for beautifully lit interview.
Jarvis Cocker as one of the 10 greatest lead singers of the last half century of pop history? Seriously? He'd be lucky to trouble a footnote.
If I were a 16 year old who happened to catch this last night I'd run out and buy a chess set.
'abstain'

I agree, and I don't think the Smiths can be catagorised as a 'rock and roll band' anyway....

But I still voted (?)

'abstain'

I agree - the show was seriously not worth sitting through the snooker for and I don't see much correlation between the list of singers and who they actually featured on the programme. I don't recall them mentioning Jarvis once.

VOTED! for our Morrissey and The Smiths!

:thumb:

Do you notice with each year, Morrissey just becomes ever more attractive and beautiful and some people, as perhaps Sting and not wishing to sound mean but . . . he just looks soooo Wurzel Gummage these days, when once upon a time he looked quite reasonable . . . :lbf:

'abstain'
Think that's a bit of a harsh review to be honest - I recorded it and watched it last night and thought it was quite enjoyable way to pass an hour at the weekend
So much to fit in to an hour programme and I thought it made good attempt
A few Morrissey clips but obviously no interview - thought some of comments made by Roger Daltrey were similar to those I have heard from Morrissey - ie voice is an instrument in itself etc

Re: Vote for Smiths & Morrissey in BBC2 Series

This item is also up on www.true-to-you.net now:

- Morrissey and the Smiths are shortlisted in polls for the BBC series I'm In A Rock 'N' Roll Band; voting is now open

Morrissey is one of the 10 singers shortlisted in the best singers poll for the new BBC Two series I'm In A Rock 'N' Roll Band. The Smiths are one of the 10 bands shortlisted in the best bands poll for the same series. The BBC compiled the shortlists with the help of a panel of 19 BBC Radio DJs.

Voting is now open at the BBC website.

Please visit www.bbc.co.uk/rocknrollband/singers/ for details of how to vote for Morrissey, and www.bbc.co.uk/rocknrollband/best-band/ for details of how to vote for the Smiths. -

Re: Vote for Smiths & Morrissey in BBC2 Series

Done. :thumb:

If I could I would vote a million times for Morrissey.

I voted Iggy Pop and The Beatles.
Is this a bannable offence ?

I wonder, is anyone voting on this BBC Golden Grates poll and not voting in the General Election poll?

Tags
bbc poll best band the smiths
Back
Top Bottom