Vote for Manchester as "Most Musical City"

they missed one ;)

DYNAMITEcopy.jpg

I'm sorry, but London should win. We have lots of very influential artists that I hate. But the fact that I hate them isn't the point...they're influential...for example: Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, The Clash, Sex Pistols, David Bowie. I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

I'm sorry, but London should win. We have lots of very influential artists that I hate. But the fact that I hate them isn't the point...they're influential...for example: Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, The Clash, Sex Pistols, David Bowie. I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

I think you will find Led Zep are from the Black Country (Wolverhampton / West Brom / Stourbridge area). Certainly the singer Robert Plant was and I think John Bonham was from Worcestershire.

I would think London should win on the basis of it's population, but in terms of consistant influences over the years, Manchester hopefully will edge it.

I think you will find Led Zep are from the Black Country (Wolverhampton / West Brom / Stourbridge area). Certainly the singer Robert Plant was and I think John Bonham was from Worcestershire.

I would think London should win on the basis of it's population, but in terms of consistant influences over the years, Manchester hopefully will edge it.

They were formed in London, and they played one of their first gigs there (in a pub in Wood Green, anyone who's ever been to Wood Green can appreciate how funny this is).

London probably (undoubtedly?) has more bands in numerical terms but in proportion to the size of the population Manchester must take the prize.

The number of 'successful' bands in both sales and credibility/influential terms that have come out of Manchester is incredible given its geographical position and regional status. The city done well...no doubt about that - it's marvellous! (and I live in Leeds! - any awards going for magnanimity?)

Gahhh, Liverpool won :p

Liverpool musically - like it's football - is living off the past. Take the over rated Beatles (ok, so they were the first, doesn't make them the best) out of the equation and what are you left with?:confused:

Manchester has constantly changed, influenced, evolved and led from the front.

The first 'Beat' band to crack America? Herman's Hermits had number 1's in the States whilst John Lennon & co were still hanging around sleazy bars in Hamburg.

Jukebox Jury

Guess what, Liverpool won, but I was rather suprised but pround that my home town of Sheffield came second:)

Guess what, Liverpool won, but I was rather suprised but pround that my home town of Sheffield came second:)

The biggest shock was Leicester in the top 5.:eek::eek:
I mean, Kasabian, Showaddywaddy and Engelbert Humpledink and and and and and?:confused:

Jukebox Jury

The biggest shock was Leicester in the top 5.:eek::eek:
I mean, Kasabian, Showaddywaddy and Engelbert Humpledink and and and and and?:confused:

Jukebox Jury

I have a confession to make, when I was 15 I went to see Showaddywaddy at Shffield City Hall. Can't believe I've told you that! What's the worst band you have ever seen?

London probably (undoubtedly?) has more bands in numerical terms but in proportion to the size of the population Manchester must take the prize.

The number of 'successful' bands in both sales and credibility/influential terms that have come out of Manchester is incredible given its geographical position and regional status. The city done well...no doubt about that - it's marvellous! (and I live in Leeds! - any awards going for magnanimity?)

I agree 100% with you.

Back
Top Bottom