"Viva Hate" Limited Deluxe Gatefold 180gram 2LP Set+Exclusive Badge at What Records (Apr. 2)

Re: Article: "Viva Hate" Limited Deluxe Gatefold 180gram 2LP Set+Exclusive Badge at W

the "exclusive badge" is going to be, of course, TACKY. Amiright?

Re: Article: "Viva Hate" Limited Deluxe Gatefold 180gram 2LP Set+Exclusive Badge at W

i denounce

What a f***ing hypocrite Morrissey has become. Truly shameful.

A horrid offer. Why this when Southpaw was done so much better (new packaging, liner notes and unearthed songs). Morrissey is the new Jimi Hendrix. Hendrix has about what... 95 albums now? Morrissey's closing in on that number with his solo output alone.

How tragic. To omit Ordinary Boys in favor of a rather lackluster "rarity", and to chop a part of Maudlin Street is well, insane. Morrissey has completely lost his mind. There's absolutely no doubt about it. Save your money, and buy Sinead O'Connor's new album if you haven't already!

A horrid offer. Why this when Southpaw was done so much better (new packaging, liner notes and unearthed songs). Morrissey is the new Jimi Hendrix. Hendrix has about what... 95 albums now? Morrissey's closing in on that number with his solo output alone.

Let's not forget that a) the new Southpaw has been withdrawn, and b) "unearthed songs" can only be unearthed if and when they exist in the first place.

Too many people here cling to the past, cling to what is familiar and comforting. There were the same complaints about the section removed from Ouija Board (which personally I thought was an improvement as the "S-t-e..." lyric was a tad embarrassing). You're only moaning about Ordinary Boys and Maudlin Street because it's what you know, because it's comfortingly familiar. Same as complaints about This Charming Man live (and many of The Smiths songs).

Why is everyone here so wedded to the past?

It isn't that?

No, of course: it's because Everyone Knows Better Than Morrissey. So why don't you all have bands, extensive catalogues of songs and thirty-year careers?

I never moaned about Ordinary Boys or Maudlin Street--I didn't even know those songs were being omitted. I'm just "moaning" about a shoddy product. All anyone would like is liner notes (like Southpaw), some new photos (like Southpaw), maybe a booklet and packaging (like Southpaw) and a few demos or outtakes (like Southpaw). There are many Viva Hate demos that exist--I have about 9 on my hard drive--these are the elements that would enhance the album. To slap a shitty old english font on the cover and include a pin is embarrassing to everyone involved, mostly to the person that buys the record.

And to say that "too many people here cling to the past" if f***ing retarded. We're talking about the reissue of a 20-plus year old album--this isn't a new release, asshole. How are we supposed to comment on a reissue without bringing up its history?

f*** you and your lazy "past" ideals.

Let's not forget that a) the new Southpaw has been withdrawn, and b) "unearthed songs" can only be unearthed if and when they exist in the first place.

Too many people here cling to the past, cling to what is familiar and comforting. There were the same complaints about the section removed from Ouija Board (which personally I thought was an improvement as the "S-t-e..." lyric was a tad embarrassing). You're only moaning about Ordinary Boys and Maudlin Street because it's what you know, because it's comfortingly familiar. Same as complaints about This Charming Man live (and many of The Smiths songs).

It isn't that?

No, of course: it's because Everyone Knows Better Than Morrissey. So why don't you all have bands, extensive catalogues of songs and thirty-year careers?

The re released southpaw has not been withdrawn from sale. That was the old RCA victor version.

calm down, the old Viva Hate is also avaivle, if you search wel, only for a few BP

buy it or don't, I'm not really impressed bu the new song on Viva Hate, as it's
availbele here in the Netehrlands it's a buy, but won't go i'net sale

I'm more interested in his upcoming shows, shame King Dotcom is down, sure
some of the gigs will get some audio of footage on youtube/spotify etc.

[Morrissey should remaster Kill Uncle.... as he and the new band sounded live though I love the album as it is]

It isn't that?

There are plenty of demos and unreleased recordings available from the Viva Hate era. Some of them even ended up at the end of the 2010 Bona Drag re-issue. More than enough for collector bait at the end of the album proper

Seeing as Viva Hate is a classic Morrissey album, of course people are going to be wedded to it. And when he needlessly tampers with it for no logical reason and starts hatcheting songs and removing others entirely for substandard demos, it's bound to piss his fans off

It's wonderful to have Morrissey and Street in the same room again, on friendly terms. It's great to have a Street-remastered version of Viva Hate in the world

but not like this. Not with the songs, the tracklisting and the familiarity significantly tampered with

And to say that "too many people here cling to the past" if f***ing retarded. We're talking about the reissue of a 20-plus year old album--this isn't a new release, asshole. How are we supposed to comment on a reissue without bringing up its history?

f*** you and your lazy "past" ideals.

And there goes another impressive contribution to the English language. Who said the art of debate was dead?

It isn't that?

I was shocked to read the other day that Picasso's Guernica is still in black and white. Let's start a petition to get it coloured in.

I was shocked to read the other day that Picasso's Guernica is still in black and white. Let's start a petition to get it coloured in.

Nice one!

"Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!
Re-evaluate the songs
Double-pack with a photograph
Extra Track (and a tacky badge)

but you could have said no
if you'd wanted to

Best of? Most of!
Satiate the need
slip them into different sleeves!
Buy both, and be feel deceived
climber - new entry, re-entry
and when it fails to recoup?
Well, maybe...
You just haven't earned it yet, baby"

"Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!
Re-evaluate the songs
Double-pack with a photograph
Extra Track (and a tacky badge)

but you could have said no
if you'd wanted to

Best of? Most of!
Satiate the need
slip them into different sleeves!
Buy both, and be feel deceived
climber - new entry, re-entry
and when it fails to recoup?
Well, maybe...
You just haven't earned it yet, baby"

Quoting that song has become a cliché, but those words cannot be thrown in Morrissey's face quite often enough. What an embarrassment he's become.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom