Viva Hate: Album release details and pre-ordering information - TTY update

Viva Hate: Album release details and pre-ordering information - true-to-you.net

EMI release a special edition of Morrissey's debut solo album Viva Hate on April 2nd in the UK on CD, vinyl LP, and digital download.

The special edition of Viva Hate is remastered, and features the rare track "Treat Me Like A Human Being", a written introduction from Chrissie Hynde, and previously unseen photos.

Viva Hate track listing:

"Alsatian Cousin"
"Little Man, What Now?"
"Everyday Is Like Sunday"
"Bengali In Platforms"
"Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together"
"Late Night, Maudlin Street"
"Suedehead"
"Break Up The Family"
"Treat Me Like A Human Being"
"I Don't Mind If You Forget Me"
"Dial-A-Cliché"
"Margaret On The Guillotine"

You can pre-order the special edition of Viva Hate now from hmv.com:

UK CD, vinyl LP, digital download

Photo: Viva Hate sleeve artwork
viva_hate_lp_front_sleeve_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the sample clip shows treat me like a human being being the demo version...... what the hell!!!

...as said before... crazy (IMHO) to put an unfinished demo in the body of this album... was this contractual so he wanted to FU the label?

The horrible font is reason enough not to touch this with a bargepole. Oh, Moz, this album was PERFECT as it was - why change it?

HMV says it's 1xLP instead of 2 like has been said before - is it? I hope so. 2LP's is so pointless for a 41 minute album.

Sad, sad day for Morrissey fans. I have been waiting YEARS for a proper deluxe edition of VIVA HATE, my personaly favorite from Morrissey. VIVA HATE is one of Morrissey's only consistently great albums--there's not a stinker on it... er, that is, at least there wasn't a stinker on it. Why on earth would you delete one track for a demo? Add the demo as a BONUS, but for God's sake, LEAVE THE ORIGINAL WORK OF ART UNALTERED! Sorry, but I will most definitely NOT be buying this. I'm sure there will be a proper reissue in another 5-10 years when the cash tills are running dry. Maybe the next reissue will be a proper one. :(

Still kept the racist song "Bengali in platforms" and cannot see anyone up in arms about it this time around. It is funny how racism can be an issue for some time only to be completely forgotten later. I guess those that wanna fight racism have the ability to turn a blind eye when it comes to their own idols which only shows the complexity when it comes to racism and the double standards that follow.

Urban the racist (according to a bloke in Bradford whom we shall never forget)

The best doc. you will ever see:

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/rivals/rangers-celtic-full-length

Re: Article: Viva Hate: Album release details and pre-ordering information - TTY upda

Sad, sad day for Morrissey fans. I have been waiting YEARS for a proper deluxe edition of VIVA HATE, my personaly favorite from Morrissey. VIVA HATE is one of Morrissey's only consistently great albums--there's not a stinker on it... er, that is, at least there wasn't a stinker on it. Why on earth would you delete one track for a demo? Add the demo as a BONUS, but for God's sake, LEAVE THE ORIGINAL WORK OF ART UNALTERED! Sorry, but I will most definitely NOT be buying this. I'm sure there will be a proper reissue in another 5-10 years when the cash tills are running dry. Maybe the next reissue will be a proper one. :(

also - don't forget he's cut out 45 seconds from Late Night, Maudlin Street... - so, the artwork is worse, he's removed one very good track and replaced it with a low quality version of a not really as good song, plus he's edited (against the will of the producer remember) one of his most moving, personal songs.... it's all so contrary and ridiculous you really do have to admire him.

Regarding the poster above who refers to "Bengali in Platforms" as "racist," I would suggest he has a poor understanding of Morrissey and the lyrical intent of the song. There is no "blind eye" being turned, no "double standard" being used. Alas, ignorance and misunderstanding continue to abound...

Re: Article: Viva Hate: Album release details and pre-ordering information - TTY upda

I'd love to hear the remaster, but dropping "Ordinary Boys" made this a non-starter for me.

I agree. Hard to understand the logic from an artistic point of view

Regarding the poster above who refers to "Bengali in Platforms" as "racist," I would suggest he has a poor understanding of Morrissey and the lyrical intent of the song. There is no "blind eye" being turned, no "double standard" being used. Alas, ignorance and misunderstanding continue to abound...

I was talking about certain fans and how it was viewed before. Even how the media chose to interpret it. I can never explain this to people who do not wanna know.

Urban

hopefully EMI will release a proper unauthorized version when they see the sales figures for this turkey.

I guess Morrissey don't like ' ordinary boys'...it was never played live, as more from this album

For the viva hate fanclub , and dissing the new one, both are avaible in shops...with the Hynde song ,
it's just not the same album anymore .Fact.

maybe you can hear ordinary boys on youtube or spotify, or kingdotdom has still a secret place to DL it
for free...sigh*

Out!

We agree with you mate! We hold Morrissey Music in high regard, but the constant re- issues is a blatant sell-out to £££. We ceased buying at the basically good re- issue of Bona Drag. But another, " The very, very, very Best of ME" , was the last straw. Enough of this re-issue b. s. is now really too much, and to think it's all for insatiable, sickening greed!

a rough demo in the middle of the album? simply mad.

Destroyed his own brilliant work and why? The constant change for the sake of change, has reached a new low. All for money.

also - don't forget he's cut out 45 seconds from Late Night, Maudlin Street... - so, the artwork is worse, he's removed one very good track and replaced it with a low quality version of a not really as good song, plus he's edited (against the will of the producer remember) one of his most moving, personal songs.... it's all so contrary and ridiculous you really do have to admire him.

I know this has been discussed so much, but as much as I love Morrissey, I do have wonder why he would change the font(I loved the elegant font with the quotation marks around the title), as well as take out a whole song and basically write it out of existence.
Even if he doesn't like it, or is ashamed of it, he should let it stand because it is part of the fans' experience/memories now. I can't say that I have known of another artist that has done something similar with a remaster/reissue. So strange. I am a bit nervous about what songs will be eliminated from the track listings of the soon to be remastered "Kill Uncle", "Your Arsenal", and "V & I". Or how those fonts or covers will be changed. I personally love them as they are. Oh well...:(

This will be the worst selling Morrissey album EVER. And rightly so.

Morrissey should take a good hard look at the way Suede re-issued their albums. Brilliantly done!

Morrissey is such a twat these days.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom