Viva Hate (2012 Remaster) request

C

Cripple Pea

I'm not gonna buy Viva Hate for a fifth time. So, if anyone is kind enough to leak this album, thank you.

I can see your point but people have invested their time and effort into this release.

If you want it you should buy it.

I will no way, be purchasing this re-issue, I love Viva Hate as it is, I am curious to hear the "butchered" Late Night, Maudlin Street. Can someone post in on youtube?

I personally hope it absolutely fails. I don't mean that as horrible spite against Morrissey, I mean it against this particular re-release. It simply doesn't need to be remastered. If it had Wolverhampton 88 in CD/DVD format or a bonus CD of previously unheard demos, then of cause...everyone would be buying. But sadly, there is just nothing new to be heard and it's been re-released too many times now and simply nobody seems to care now. None of his normals fans do, apart from the obvious collectors or extremists. Whenever I hear about this release a massive £ sign appears in my mind!

I own this album on vinyl, CD, reissued/expanded CD, and iTunes lossless. Releasing this album again and expecting people to dish out cash for it is too much to ask of the fans. Would I love to hear it? Yes. Will I buy it? No.

I own this album on vinyl, CD, reissued/expanded CD, and iTunes lossless. Releasing this album again and expecting people to dish out cash for it is too much to ask of the fans. Would I love to hear it? Yes. Will I buy it? No.

Did he actually ask anyone to buy it?
So far, I've only seen his website saying the record is available and you can buy it. Not that you must buy it.

Couldn't agree more.

So far, I've only seen his website saying the record is available and you can buy it. Not that you must buy it.

So you're implying that the lack of an explicit, spelled-out, official mandate from Morrissey to his fans to buy the reissue implies that the record was released for no other reason than a lark on Morrissey's part, whimsically and with no substantial expectation on his part that his fanbase shell out another 20 dollars for a moderately retooled version of a record they already own several times over?

Wow that is one stupid point you made right there. Where has anyone complained about being forced to buy the album? Ridiculous. If he doesn't expect us to buy it why release it? I've heard this "point" before about 'not being forced to buy anything'. Was dumb then and still dumb now.

So you're implying that the lack of an explicit, spelled-out, official mandate from Morrissey to his fans to buy the reissue implies that the record was released for no other reason than a lark on Morrissey's part, whimsically and with no substantial expectation on his part that his fanbase shell out another 20 dollars for a moderately retooled version of a record they already own several times over?

Perhaps Flax expects one of Morrissey's True To You mandates to let him know Morrissey currently wants his money for a product he's released...you know, like all those he's issued letting you know NOT to spend money on because he doesn't collect royalties from them.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. Just stop complaining.

Those who come begging on here for download links to commercially available stuff - how f***ing cheap are you?! What have the recent re-issues cost, about £10 each? Hardly breaking the bank.

Re:

If you don't want it, don't buy it. Just stop complaining.

Those who come begging on here for download links to commercially available stuff - how f***ing cheap are you?! What have the recent re-issues cost, about £10 each? Hardly breaking the bank.

I disagree with 99% of posts of Death Disco, but this one I totally agree.

Re:

I disagree with 99% of posts of Death Disco, but this one I totally agree.

You couldn't just say "I agree with this", you had to slip an insult/dig in there. Agree with me or not, how about you just put me on ignore and never speak to me again. I'm more than happy to do the same to you.

Back
Top Bottom