Viva Hate (2012 Remaster) request

The "Mael Mix" is an edit of the "Sparks Mix". One is three and a half minutes while the other is over six. Either way, both suck.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Remix, shmemix.

As great as Mael is, the idea of a dance remix being done to any Morrissey song is an abortion of good taste.

The 30 year old Morrissey is turning in his grave.

Re:

As stated 1000 times I concur... wow 'Treat me like a human being' stands out like a sore thumb... the edits are odd as well... its not like there is not room for more on a disc... oh well... ~Frost

Re:

Just to carry on from Skylarker's and nothappynotsad's comments ( in this instance) , the Sparks mix is, I feel , of novelty value only. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of tune/melody involved. The only interest for me was hearing the separate vocal track mixed into different instrumental tracks.

I actually did enjoy both Morrissey's and Spark's version of " Moon over Kentucky" (which, perhaps oddly enough, strongly reminded me of Breece D'J Pancake's short stories) , but the "Suedehead" remix really wasn't worth the six and a half minutes ....

Last edited:
Re:

I'm excited about this release. If it was in a music store down the street i'd go snatch it up in a heartbeat. lol I'm new here so i just wanted to give my 2 cents worth. I'll buy it one day when it becomes more affordable for my bad income. It's just too much on Amazon at the moment as an import for me. Just for the booklet alone. I totally love this man and adore everything he does. I guess i always will he's gotten me through some trying times in my life with his music. I really hope he releases some new material in the near future.

OMG, I am going to make SO many Techno remixes of this song now.

I stumbled upon a download for the unmixed tracks for the Peter Gabriel song, Shock The Monkey once... wish I knew what I did with those.

Back
Top Bottom