Viva Hate (2012 Remaster) request

I look at it this way, the money he makes from these re-issues is what's helping him self finance these tours. He still has no label support, so in a way, though he's stated he's not too keen on DIY, he is in fact doing it himeself. Yes it's quite a shame the album had to be reissued again, but I'll support him so maybe he'll break down and maybe release an album DIY too.

:lbf::thumb:

Best post all year.

Thank you. Thank you very much.
FatEI.jpg

Re:

You couldn't just say "I agree with this", you had to slip an insult/dig in there. Agree with me or not, how about you just put me on ignore and never speak to me again. I'm more than happy to do the same to you.

Awwwww ... diddums. Dry your eyes, for God's sake.

And stop trying to be funny; you're shit at it.

Re:

Anyway.

Back to the subject at hand.

Anyone at least have the edited version of "Late Night, Maudlin Street" they'd like to share?

Re:

Not in the US.

Oh dear. Well, you're not missing anything. It's just had the intro excised and it fades out quite abruptly, just after the "wherever you are" line (about 6:50 into the proper version). The change definitely isn't as dramatic as Stephen Street makes it sound in his recent interviews - it certainly isn't 'butchered', but equally, it's pretty hard to fathom the logic at work here.

The replacement of "The Ordinary Boys" with a truly shitty-sounding demo of a not-very-good song stands out like a sore thumb in the running-order, though.

Re:

Oh dear. Well, you're not missing anything. It's just had the intro excised and it fades out quite abruptly, just after the "wherever you are" line (about 6:50 into the proper version). The change definitely isn't as dramatic as Stephen Street makes it sound in his recent interviews - it certainly isn't 'butchered', but equally, it's pretty hard to fathom the logic at work here.

The replacement of "The Ordinary Boys" with a truly shitty-sounding demo of a not-very-good song stands out like a sore thumb in the running-order, though.

This is the reason why I (and seemingly thousands of others) refused to buy it.

Dave

Re:

I even tried to buy it on iTunes this morning; it's not even on there.

Yeah, I tried to buy it too but it is only available in Europe digitally. Viva was going to order it from Amazon as an import until he saw it was $30 bucks and he said "f*** that shit."

Re:

Maybe this will tell Morrissey something.

Not that he will care. After all, the lack of sales only makes him feel more avant garde. The poor dumb masses don't buy it because they just don't understand.

Re:

I'll donate £10 to the Vegetarian Society, or PETA if someone will upload it - I'm buggered if Morrissey, or his label, is getting my money for this toss, but at least a good cause could benefit.

Anyone?

Dave

Re:

Maybe this will tell Morrissey something.

Not that he will care. After all, the lack of sales only makes him feel more avant garde. The poor dumb masses don't buy it because they just don't understand.

Yet they understood in 1988 when it was fresh, new, and relevant. Sadly, Morrissey has failed to be any of these 3 things since 2004. Perhaps it is he who does not understand anymore...understand how to make good music, that is.

Re:

Yet they understood in 1988 when it was fresh, new, and relevant.

Ha, yeah.

Sadly, Morrissey has failed to be any of these 3 things since 2004. Perhaps it is he who does not understand anymore...understand how to make good music, that is.

I'd highly rate a few things of his since 2004; but for the most part yeah, I have to agree with you.

Things certainly are grim these days. Why did he have to be so goddamn brilliant for so long...it would have been much easier to let him go if he'd started this crap sooner.

Oh well.

tumblr_lgskpaYryJ1qzdstpo1_500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom